TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Thanks Diane. Tomorrow will be a better day.
 
Paula rest up today, stay warm and be lazy, we have a good excuse. All those other things can wait, and tomorrow will be a better day :flwrysmile:
 
It always seemed that I would be feeling really well one day then be completely worn out and achy for two days afterwards. My other knee then started to complain so I threatened it with a TKR and it decided to stop complaining for now!:rotfl:
 
Hey @newlybionic thanks for the hint. I'm going to tell it right now! And now it's time for a nap. It seems I have given up the morning naps now and just need the afternoon one and then go to bed by about 9pm.
 
Here's my 4 week old baby beside it's old lady knee. You can still see part of the wire that wired my patella tendon together after it was shortened when my kneecap was removed.

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That is really something Paula! I love looking at our 'new' strong arthritis free knee joints!
 
The implant looks off center to me. I'm going to ask @Josephine about it.

I finally slept 4 hours in a row last night. I went to bed without taking a pain pill, then woke up in a couple of hours and took one. That next time I slept for around 4 hours! I also woke up on my right side. That's a first. I had put a pillow between my knees sometime. I don't even remember doing it. I was extremely achy from sleeping that way, but it's working out the more I'm walking. I'm so much better than I was a couple of weeks ago. I can do a little job, then rest. Then doing another little job, and rest. Normally by evening I'm out of energy and just veg out in front of the TV or with my Kindle. Oh yeah! I rotated backwards 5 times on my bike yesterday! It was a little bit easier than the day before. Let's see how good I can do today. Yesterday my knee was 4 weeks old!

It's a holiday weekend for us in the states. My roommate and I are planning on cooking some corn on the cob and chicken breasts on the grill. And if my knee agrees we'll go geocaching! That's cheap easy fun. Plus, I can get a little walking in. If you want to have some simple harmless fun, google geocaching and learn all about it. There are people participating all over the world. The most I've found in one day is 6. Once I'm able I want to set up and maintain a cache myself. There're loads of places to hide the containers and a great way to see who's playing. My roommate learned about it from a friend of hers and thought we'd give it a try. The last time we went camping at our closest state park, we found that there are hundreds there. That was a nice surprise. It gives a good reason for hiking besides just the walking. It's such a thrill to find one.

My appetite is coming back some. The best thing is I am finally being able to eat vegetables again! I could have almost been a vegetarian and was concerned when I had no desire for them. Now, I'm really enjoying the again! I'm having a good ole toss salad right now! I bet the eating is coming back because I've cut way back on the hard meds.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@sistersinhim Like you I mysteriously didn't like veggies after surgery. The past two days I've had my normal salad for lunch. I make a salad with lettuce, cukes, toms, feta cheese and I've added a hard boiled egg and a little smoked salmon. I figure that I still need extra protein. I also do a little job and rest and then do something else. However the floor has need cleaning for a couple of weeks and I keep saying tomorrow in my head. I have wooden floors and they really don't look THAT bad. Tomorrow never comes. :)
 
I have a Roombi for the main part of the house that does a pretty good job. I need to sweep the kitchen hardwood floor. But, like you, I'll get to it when I get to it. I shampooed the carpets and washed the hardwood floors before my surgery, but you can't tell it now. You wouldn't believe the water spots I have from filling the ice machine! I try to wipe up the drips, but I miss more than I see. It's due a really good washing as soon as I'm able. Maybe next week or better yet, next month!

I did get out and I sprayed apple cider vinegar on the grass and weeds on the walkway. It wasn't a half an hour later and a darn storm came in and rained all over the vinegar. What a waste of time, energy and vinegar. That's summer weather in Virginia!

Your lunch sounds scrumptious! I had just a plan ole salad. But, it was still good.
 
@sistersinhim I tried sleeping on my side last, at first it wasn't bad, I was able to fall asleep, I woke up 2 hours later and my tkr knee was screaming at me, iced it, fell asleep on my back 2 more hours, my good knee was hurting, ended up getting up and going to the recliner for 4 more hours, will be ever able to sleep the entire night in bed. Another goal to reach!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that I no longer spend half the night on the couch in the living room! You will soon be able to divorce yourself from the recliner during the night. It WILL happen.
 
@Josephine the highest part of the upper implant looks like it's way to the left of my knee, not in the center of it. I trust you and you say it's OK, so it's OK. I am walking with little pain and doing well so it's not causing any problems.
 
My knees look different too in shape and size. It's even very apparent when it swells. Other people have noticed it when I had a pair of jeans on.
 
the highest part of the upper implant looks like it's way to the left of my knee, not in the center of it.
I wondered if that was the case. If you look at my xrays, you will see that the femoral components are side specific because that's how the femora are shaped!

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience



[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
Thank you so much @Josephine! You're certainly doing just fine and I will be, too! I should have looked at lots of other people's xrays. Then I would have known what to expect. It just shows you how ignorant I am about our bones. I didn't realize the femur was shaped that way! That why we need experts like you on here to keep us straight!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone. After a good day yesterday, last night I just couldn't get comfortable and was up and down walking around all doing the night. Today is achy, too. I didn't do anything different and not a lot of walking, so I don't understand it. One day good, that night and the next day, bad. It's so frustrating. I get so upbeat and then let down.

My knee is a month old today and she had to have 3 Oxys last night and this morning. It almost time for another doze, but I'm trying Tramadol/Tylenol next. I've been resting, icing and elevating all morning, but I want to get up and do something constructive. If the radar looks clear, I'll spray some more vinegar on those pesky grasses and weeds in the walkways. At least that will get me out of the house and in the sunshine for a few minutes. By then it'll be time for another nap!

My roommate wants to go to Walmart to get some chicken breasts and corn on the cob for July 4th. Unfortunately, they are calling for rain almost all that day. Another reason to rest on Monday! As if I have a choice!

Busy for 30 minutes, rest for an hour. How boring. Not to mention depressing. When I got up this morning my roommate asked what we were doing today, that she wanted to go bike riding or kayaking. I just looked at her. She said she was kidding, but I wonder. I feel depression settling in. Time to get moving. Love you all. And you all have a blessed and low pain day!
 
I so understand what you are feeling. I have conquered the sleep problem by my little half sleeping pill. When I get up at night I can fall back asleep. It has made a world of difference for me. The negative part is that I am sleepy in the morning but since I can't set the world afire these days anyway, I just take a nap. I hope you can figure out how to get more and better sleep soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom