Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

LOL my yard man who came today said I didn't sleep on Monday because it was the full moon! I guess a lot of us are sleeping better since the moon isn't full. Like you, Paula, I've been walking around during the day in the house without the cane BUT at night it is right beside my bed for those bathroom trips. I keep telling myself what the OS said those that do the best are at the greatest risk for a fall. Be careful!
 
Paula, so happy to read you had a good night sleep and your rom is great. Not doing pt does work and I think you heal quicker. Hind sight is 20/20 for me :rotfl: - found this site a little later than I wish I had, but as soon as I did I stopped pt and I started to heal and was able to start living life again. woohoo. I agree with everyone please be careful, knee feels great but everything around it needs to strengthen. I love reading your progress. :)
 
Ladies, I have taken your advice and am using the walker much more than I have been the last few days. Over confidence just might cause me to stumble when I'm not paying attention. All it would take would be a split second. Thank you again for setting me straight!
Today has been a pretty good day, though I haven't done too much but ice and elevate all day and take a couple of naps.
I have my post-op appointment Tuesday. I am dreading that long ride. It's over an hour away. I haven't been anywhere since coming home from the hospital, and have idea how my knee will handle it. I have some ice packs that I'll have to take along with my pain meds in case I need them. I think he'll be happy with my ROM. I know I am! He might jump on me for not doing organized PT, but I'll tell him what I've told the other OS after all my surgeries, I know what to do! Why pay for something that I can do myself. Plus, I'm in control of my pain during exercising. I also know what over stressing the surgical knee can do to it! It's not worth it and just retards the healing.
 
Falling in your 60s is a whole lot different than falling in your 30s!

AMEN! Especially if someone is walking with you! My last fall was with my son Wes (27yrs) walking along with me. There was no stump, no hole.. just flat ground. Next thing I know I'm on my way down trying desperately to roll away from my arthritic knees! Wes said, 'what happened mom'? I said, 'I have no idea'. All the while knowing it was the 60yrs and weak knees I had on me!
 
When we start to feel better we get cockey, better be safe than sorry. I, also have been napping a lot today.

I also go to OS on Tuesday, will be having stitches removed, I will take my pain meds prior to visit, his office is like 30 min away!!
 
@sistersinhim
I can identify with the falling! I will need to get a note from doctor when I go back to be allowed to wear athletic shoes again this year. I don't have good balance anymore. Previous principal just told me to do what I needed to do; this one makes me get dr notes. First time she did that, I faxed 3 doctors and got THREE notes! One of them always asks if I need one now. Will also need to get a note that I need to be allowed to sit as needed, especially during state testing in the spring. Hope everything is going well for you.
 
Paula, my OS didn't even check my ROM. He just moved my knee a little and didn't come close to the painful range. All doctors are different. Did you sleep last night? I am figuring one night sleeping and one night awake for awhile. Good luck on your long ride to see the doctor. I know you will be fine.
 
I thought my weather forecasting knee was gone. Maybe not. This morning I woke up in extreme pain. One reason might be that I had turned over on my side in my sleep and that put my knee in a painful position. And the other reason could be that we had a line of storms come through, and the pressure drop effected my knee. Yesterday was such a good day, and today is a down day again. There's that rollercoaster ride they talk about on here. Before I woke up in pain, I had slept well. So, that's a plus. And I'm feeling some better now. All I've done is ice and elevate. Oh, and sleep. How could I forget about sleeping. I'm still doing lots of that! Time to refill the ice machine. Then sit out on the deck for a few minutes. If I don't move I'll fall back to sleep!
 
@sistersinhim I know what you mean about roller-coaster...I haven't been feeling so hot since last night, didn't get much sleep...tomorrow will be a better day.
 
Same here Clara & Paula-! I woke up this morning thinking- WOW, this is that 'energy drain' they talk about on bonesmart! Was so totally depleted I picked up my cell phone at 7am and cancelled my PT visit for this morning- LOL! Because I can!!

:heehee:
 
It sounds like I'm not the only one who's having a bad day. Maybe it's something in the moon phase! :heehee: If we had nothing but good days, then we wouldn't appreciate them. Now, when the better day comes we'll rejoice! And better days will come, we just have to be, (what's that word?!), oh yeah, patient! Easy to say, hard to do!
 
Gosh last night was my first not good sleeping night in a week. Up several times as well and up for the day at 4am. Thought to myself well I've been doing pretty good so I'll take one not good night. Paula I hope the pain at least that woke you up has gone away. One thing I did do though was listen to one of Tabby's recommended healing youtube messages so I was quite relaxed even if I wasn't sleeping :) Hope you are having a good day.
 
Thank you, @LFitz, I am feeling some better. Been icing all day long and that helps. Unfortunately, we have storms in our forecast for this afternoon and evening. I guess I'll find out if it's truly a weather knee still. I hope not. I already have one of those left. This new one wasn't supposed to be one!
 
Our farm is in Elk Creek, VA Paula, close to Galax & the NC border, and I've been dragging bad all day. Maybe we're sharing the same incoming weather! It's cloudy here now and the thunder clouds are building. Think I'm going to get myself a cup of java and see if I can't find some energy from somewhere- LOL!
 
@Suz, you're way in the western part of the state. I bet it's beautiful out there. I've always wanted to retire to the mountains, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. I'm about 60 miles SE of Richmond. These storms look like they're going to come right over the top of us like they did this morning. Unfortunately, I took a Tramadol about 2:30, so I can't take my Oxy until around 7pm. Have any of you noticed pains in your new knee when the weather is bad?
 
That's right! Tomorrow will be a really good day!
 
Have any of you noticed pains in your new knee when the weather is bad?

I noticed it in the earlier days of my recovery but of late, not in my new knee. Some of my other joints are definitely feeling it today.
 
@sistersinhim I'm feeling so lucky right now! I feel really spoiled that my OS is about ten minutes away-and mostly freeway. I feel so badly that you have to suffer through such a long ride just to see your doctor. Lots of ice packs, maybe even an ice chest for some on the ride home? I'm sorry you're all having bad days today-tomorrow will be better! Can you send some of your storms this way please? We're scheduled to hit about 107-109 on Tuesday-I hate hot weather-I much prefer snow, as long as it's not Alaskan snow! Today should stay around 93-hotter than I can stand, but not 110 at least-we do get a lot of that kind of heat every August.
 
I had a bad night last night too but no storms or moon to blame here. Darn. I decided that it's going to be erratic for awhile. Next time I'm awake at 3:00 AM I'll think about my friends on BS and hope they are sound asleep.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom