Guest viewing is limited

THR newbie hipster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW what's anyone using on their incision - for scar tissue and scaring? I just got this .... it keeps the area soft all day ! My scar tissue is still really tight, so any advice otherwise?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] newbie hipster :)
    bagbalm.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 203
keepridingforward, I have never heard of Bag balm so I looked it up and found this
Bag Balm is a salve developed in 1899 to soothe irritation on cows' udders after milking.[1][2]The product is officially only meant for animals and is inspected as such by the United StatesFood and Drug Administration,[2] but it's also often used as a treatment for chapped and irritated skin on humans and can be found in places such as drug stores, ski resorts, online vendors, needle-work stores, and of course farm and feed stores. Its uses are many, for example "squeaky bed springs, psoriasis, dry facial skin, cracked fingers, burns, zits, diaper rash, saddle sores, sunburn, pruned trees, rifles, shell casings, bed sores and radiation burns
The squeaky bed springs made me laugh.
I use Bio oil on my scar. I don't know if it really works but it feels good anyway
Barbara
 
Yay to both of you BarbaraR. keepridingforward!! I am finally going back tomorrow after a 6 week layoff - and like you both said, I don't care if I just sit there the whole class...will be soaking up the energy and seeing my sorely missed yoga family! Barbara, can't wait to hear what your teacher says during your private...be sure to pass on any tips! Jen, so glad to hear your travel went well and now you are traveling 'back to your yoga future'! Please let me know what is working for you guys and what is challenging...it is very reassuring to know...wish I'd had you guys to talk to about 3 months ago...probably would have avoided my little relapse! Great, great news from you both!
Annie
 
Elosarabrab - yep that's the stuff. your post made me laugh! it's magic if it can even fix squeaky beds!! Annie's let us know how class goes today! I went this morning again - feeling it but it's good. most importantly i'm stretching out that hip flexor. my mobility is def improving. Happy Saturday all xx
 
keepridingforward. BarbaraR. Yoga was WONDERFUL this morning! Just went to a very gentle class, but felt great and no pain! What a spirit booster! AND climbed the ladder up to our roof about six times - we garden up there - trying straw bale gardening this year, so started to feel like normal again - what a joy! Hope everyone has a grand weekend!
 
hi ladies!! I went to a vinyasa class last night accidentally and I did great - I think the key is understanding our bodies and what we can not do. I am able to plank>up dog>down dog but def agree can not jump up to warrior from there - but I can get my butt up and get into the position. felt great and a lot of the moves were really positive stretches for the hip. Ahhhh Namaste!! love yoga much BarbaraR Annie's
 
That's great keepridingforward! I wish I had taken the time to really learn & practice yoga before surgery so that I would *know* what would be possible and not possible after surgery. Other than trying a couple of at home videos can't say that I know much about the poses but I do know that yoga is good for you. Oh, I just need more time in my day! It must feel great for you to get back into your routines!
 
Yes! We are ALL slowly moving forward! I went to a very gentle class and meditation session last night and felt great...my PT finally got it through my head that my glutes are extremely weak, and gave me some specific exercise goals that I have to reach before I try any flow lunges and that really helps...I keep thinking I am stronger than I am...but now have a concrete goal to slowly work toward...satisfies my desire to be making measurable progress! BarbaraR. What kind of poses were you doing in your private? keepridingforward. So happy for you! Sure makes you appreciate 'normal' doesn't it?!
 
Annie's, started with simple standing poses-- tadasana, the warriors, triangle. Then went to the floor and did camel and up dog, some forward bends, badhakonasana, hand to big toe, shoulder stand with like 5 blankets, then savasana. I've probably forgotten some-- she was worried about hurting me, but it was fine. I'm glad you have some exercises to do to get your strength back.
 
Sigh, guys, here to whine a little...found out Friday afternoon that a mole on my foot that I had biopsied last week has 'severe atypical cells'...apparently too close to actual melanoma for comfort...so I'm going in tomorrow afternoon to have a chunk taken out of the top of my foot...very grateful it's not truly melanoma, but bummed...just can't seem to get a steady recovery going...have had many skin cancer surgeries but this is my first dealing with anything related to melanoma...and my normally laid back dermatologist warned me that this surgery will be fairly extensive and doesn't want me doing anything but the minimum activity wise for 2 weeks...but I am going to a yoga class early tomorrow morning and for a swim afterwards...sheesh...thanks for putting up with complainer central...
 
[Bonesmart.org] newbie hipster :)
Just when you think you're about where you like to be----LIFE springs up and happens!!!! Just try to consider that it could be worse and go from there. But who needed just one more thing to contend with? I'd be in full whine mode, too!


All the best!! Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] newbie hipster :)
 
Annie's, oh that really sucks. I've had a melanoma scare, too, and it just isn't fun-- please let us know you're ok when the pathology comes back. I took an Iyengar class today (level 1)-- it was good-- I was happy to see that my hips are now pretty level; twisting to the right is definitely a challenge. (I think we just hijacked @keepridingforward's thread-- hi there!)
 
Oops, sorry keepridingforward! Don't even remember my own thread at this point! Got everything removed this afternoon and just have a swollen and very numb foot! But my doc said it came out very cleanly so hopefully will be fine...go back in 2 weeks for stitches and final report...BarbaraR A real class, hooray! Yeah, twisting was pretty iffy to start but came back fairly quickly although still a bit stiff...I am finding, more than ever, that I have to do a basic set of poses EVERYDAY to keep from feeling like the tin woman...so glad you are back in action; goes a long way toward psyche healing ...and thanks Poppet for your kind words! ...and keepridingforward. How goes it?
 
Annie's BarbaraR hey ladies!! no idea where the time has gone and I don't seem to be getting notifications so I forgot to come back to check in !! Been thinking of everyone though. I can not believe I am going on the 3 month post opp mark. shoot I never thought I'd see this point. improving more and more every day! Done with PT, got a new bike and am almost regularly going to my hot yoga class. I even went on a second work trip. This time I left behind the heating pad. I still feel a tiny bit off balance leg wise but my limp is pretty much gone unless I'm really sore from working out. I know I've said this before but I am very grateful to have found this forum! you got me through the toughest part of my journey mentally. I apologize for dropping off the last few weeks and AnnieS I hope that melanoma scare was just that. It's always something, isn't it !? sending lots of love xx Jen
 
BarbaraR keepridingforward Great to hear from you both, and to hear that all is going well! Barbara, are you back to a regular
Iyengar class? And Jen, congrats on the hot yoga! I am FINALLY finished with my backsliding, I hope! Finished up the PT for the glute issues last week, and back to my OS on Thursday for a last check up - going to my first challenging yoga class in 2 months tomorrow night, but very carefully this time - no going from dog to lunges for awhile! Got my foot stitches out today, and the final biopsy report showed clean margins all around, so phew! My husband and I are taking a trip to Newfoundland in a month, so I am starting to feel like the hard stuff is truly over! Keep in touch ladies! This forum has been so amazing - just to know everyone's experiences makes it so much easier!
 
wow Annie's that's some upcoming trip !! went to yoga tonight and sweated my butt off, I can already feel the flexibility coming back even over the last month or so. everyday is better. BarbaraR yay, it's just so crazy that patience was truly the driving force in healing. who has time for patience ?? good night ladies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom