Guest viewing is limited

THR newbie hipster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question for my dear yoga hipsters, BarbaraR keepridingforward , the pose that is really tough is reclined bound angle pose...sitting up and doing it is no problem, although my knees no longer touch the floor! but when I try to do it lying down, it hurts substantially...in the groin...have either of you experienced this? My PT said that pose may just never work....small price to pay, but it's curious to me that is only hurts lying down...and Barbara, is the twisting getting easier? I have been thrilled with how easily my flexibility has come back, with the exception of the above....
 
Annie's, it sounds like your groins are still tight after the surgery. That was never an easy pose for me, so I lie down on a bolster that I prop up at about a 30 degree angle. Also, my knees have never gotten to the floor, so good for you! It will come. And , no, it still hurts to do some of the twists, so I'm really gentle with it.
 
BarbaraR....gentle is definitely the operative word! Thanks so much for sharing your yoga progress...it is just so reassuring....I have been practicing the bound angle pose with a block supporting both things, but I will try it with the bolster tomorrow...that will take some of the pressure off...the twisting was so tough to start but inch by inch (or centimeter by centimeter) it is improving...
 
keepridingforward, Do you feel as if your leg lengths have equalized? If not, have you had them measured to find out if there really is a differential? There was an article on this forum about the exact way they need to be measured. Many people have the sensation of a leg length differential (LLD), and others actually do have an LLD. BTW, I love your forum name. "Keep riding forward" sounds like a great title for a book, or a song.
 
Hi BeckyR !! Yes 6 months post opp and I'm good to go. Limp is good as gone. Only time it comes back is when I over do it. I pulled some muscles in my quad and messed up my IT band (think that's it) which was worse than the hip to begin with. so as I was told patience is key! Finally feel like I'm turning the corner. be well! Jen ps. KRF is my blog!
 
keepridingforward, So great! Glad everything has settled down. ITB strains are very common. Stretching helps, and I'm sure that your yoga is helpful with that. Massage is also hugely helpful; I get it as part of my PT.
 
yea! massages! I think actually it was yoga that did me in, was a little to over zealous. But it's all good and I am back at it! BeckyR
 
keepridingforward, My doctor has an entire protocol he prepared for the physical therapists -- about two full pages, single spaced -- and one line that gave me a laugh (this is paraphrased, not a quote) was for them to beware of yoga enthusiasts who want to do aggressive hip/groin opening poses. We don't have any hip restrictions, because the SuperPath technique is so minimally invasive, but he still felt the need to warn about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom