THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@donor if the injection was a steroid + lidocaine, don't be surprised if the pain comes back, even worse than before, before it goes away again. That's what I experienced with my hip (joint) injection prior to surgery. Idk if psoas injections can follow the same pattern.

I hope you feel better, at least having a diagnosis for your groin pain! Also hoping the PT stretching will help!
 
Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes. All I can do is move forward....hoping the new pt guy will have a plan. Since the OS knows him and called while I was there I'm optimistic. He explained exactly what's going on and what he wants done. Last 3 weeks of pt have been a waste is time. Boo. I am also released back to work full time 8-1 with the caveat of being able to leave for any and all appointments necessary and to stay at work only as tolerated. At least I can get off disability which is a whole different pain in the butt. I wanted to see my xrays and for him to tell me my other hip was perfect and it is Thank God. Today is another day and we just keep putting one foot in front of the other. :running:
 
@donor sending healing thoughts and hugs to you. Don't push it at work. I went back to teaching early with my first knee replacement...big mistake. Once there it is hard not to go full throttle. :martini:
 
New pt visit today. Guy us very hands on with soft tissue massage and stretching and cupping, which is kind of strange. All to encourage blood flow and circulation into tons of scar tissue. So much that he feels it's causing groin pain. Psoas and hamstrings are so tight I look like different people on left and right leg. He is much different that first pt person. ..praying in a good way. Icing my brains out now that I am home. We will see tomorrow if i am more sore than I have been before today. :^/
 
Hi @donor I read about cupping yesterday funny enough, I hope his massages work for you. I think I just have that Scar tissue under the incisions and that is bad enough, let alone have tons of scar tissue all over the place plus tightening...

Fingers crossed the soreness eases for you :fingersx::console2: x

P.s its 2.20 am here and I still feel wide awake, hope you are getting some sleep x
 
@Suzette ty for sweet words. I'm sore now have been icing alot. As for sleep bought benedryl today, gonna try that. Hope you finally went zzzz-zz. Xo
 
Hi @donor, I got to sleep about 3.15am and didn't wake up until 10.20 am, and that's only because doggy decided to wake me up, so did manage a good sleep, phew. Am thinking of now trying nytol, which is the same as your benedryl. Did it work for you? How did you feel in the morning when woke?

Hope today the soreness has eased with the icing, when do you go back for more massaging?

My throbs and aches have returned today, , probably caused by driving properly for the first time and then I went food shopping on my own for the first time...it was like being normal, now I am paying for that:flabber: plus I swear everything has gone up in price in the last 6 weeks, or did I put more stuff in my trolley....

xx
 
@Suzette well 1 benadryl did not work, guess I need 2. We are a mess as far as sleep goes. What kinds of doggie do you have? :) how are your throbbing parts? Careful how you answer hehe !! :loll:
 
Hi...He is the snoring french bulldog, who is now asleep again ....on my legs , not comfortable for me at all, so will carefully move him...not sure how he will cope when back at work, as he follows me everywhere, well that's if I move anywhere that is...
Well, the throbbing parts......I wish, oops will be careful, are still throbbing , honestly that was from walking about and being normal ish! ! It's really deep in the thighs, pretty sure it's my muscles in shock at doing something useful, like walk for longer than 10 minutes :)

Yes, sleeping or lack of it, so it's 1 am and am awake, just hope it's not another 3 am, will try and sleep soon I hope, have yet to get nytol as not many chemists open on a sunday. I hope taking 2 benedryl help you tonight x :sleep: x it's exhausting and boring
 
Hello @Suzette and @donor
It sleepless in Bonesmartland tonight! I have got to the point where having one stretch of five hours constitutes a good night. I find that anything I take such as Sleepytime tea, Nytol, Noctura, etc work for a few nights and then stops working. Oh well thank goodness for iPads/laptops/kindles.
x
 
Its true, I too think well 4 to 5 hours is a good sleep, then it catches up and feel exhausted...hope this ends soon though!

Xx
 
10 weeks today, but it still feels like 10 years. I remember the first time I logged into this group and thought, I will never survive this surgery and here I am 10 weeks later. I still cannot honestly say I am glad I did it. I feel twinges and aches every day. I still ice several hours a day. However yesterday I painted toe nails normally, lifting heel onto chair and bending forward to polish, I do remember when hubby had to do them, so this is progress. Hubby also commented that I walk as fast as ever so thats better than crutching up the street. Groin is still unhappy but I now avoid those movements that fire it up. I think injection calmed it down maybe 40-50%. Noone believes I had a hip replacement if they don't know. I still happily show my scar off. Pt guy believes in lots of soft tissue work and stretching so perhaps that method will get me over the hump. Sleep is still elusive but right now life is so stressful and difficult aside from hip, it's no wonder. I am truly happy it's done as making this decision caused me more anxiety than anything ever in my life. I think that is because I was not crippled or limping or even walking with a cane it was an occasional annoyance and I was told by many doctors needed to be done. It would have been an easier decision if the pain was 24/7 but it wasn't. However I am glad the decision was made and I am passed that anxiety I just wish I was farther I guess. Someday I hope to post that my life is great and the hip isn't a concern at all..... like other wonderful hippies post here. xoxo:puppysmooze:
 
Hi @donor I am glad the injection has given you some relief, are you allowed to have another later?

It is good that you managed to reach your toes and can walk fast ish, but that can also make people think that all is hunky dory on the inside, when it's not, but it is a positive progression, but not as far as you were expecting to be at 10 weeks.

I know how you feel about your hip and that it was an occasional annoyance, now potentially it's a big one. My right leg/hip also was an occasional annoyance, with a throbbing pain and it gave way sometimes, but nothing compared to my left Hip which I would have quite happily have chopped off myself. So rather than having excruciating pain in the right later on, I had that one done too, it is now painful most of the time on the boney bit and the thigh /bum muscles still throb...they didn't do this before the op. My left hip is great and now supports the right. I too wonder why I did the right, but it's done now and I hope too, there will be a day when I forget it's there. .
I need to stretch and massage my right leg, I am trying heat on that one to see how that compares to cold.

Did you get some sleep last night? Are you at work today?

Xx:flwrysmile:
 
@Suzette hi!, I got some sleep yes......just not the whole night. :( I am so sorry you are still struggling with pain, and throbbing which can make a person MAD! I know I am no where near healed......I am just a bit more flexible as time goes on. I could do my toes before the repl. so it's just getting back to where I was I guess. I so admire anyone who had the courage to do both hips at once, I barely made it thru one it seems on some days. Stay STRONG and let me know how the heat goes, rather than ice. I have an intimate relationship with my ice bags....always in the crotch. :shocked:
 
You wouldn't believe the image I had then...I laughed out loud and my son said are you on that forum again :heehee:
Glad you managed some sleep, I got 3 hours then about another 3 between 8 and 11 am !! when will we get a proper sleep.
The throb is irritating but one of those pains you have to put up with and I hope goes SOON. The worse pain is in the morning in both hips, that seriouly hurts, takes about half hour to settle down
xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@donor
Your 10 week update is so real and honest. I think it's good you had the surgery before you had the 24/7 pain preop. That pain is really horrible and the pain you have now will get better with time.
I am sorry that you are going through a stressful time right now. I will keep you in my prayers that things get better for you.
I just tied my shoes this week but it really hurt to get down there! Ugh! So~congratulations for painting your toes!
Hang in there dear donor and keep walking fast! :walking:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom