THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @donor thinking of you and your recovery and your friend Sara. It really does put things in perspective when you know someone who has to go through treatment for Cancer.......

Hope the MRI helps sort out the back. I have to wait until my hips are sorted out until I see the back surgeon again.

keep in touch:flwrysmile:xx
 
Fish and chips with loads of vinegar and salt...mmmmmm well not good for high blood pressure but very nice . Have a lovely time xoxo
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015


@Tweefishy lunch with my bone smart friend. What a treat. A sweet and most caring little fish. Xo.
 
Oh :wow: you are both standing , no sticks AND have jeans on.....I havent tried mine on for months and months...I must find them.... so glad you have a lovely time xoxx
 
@Suzette for me, only certain pairs fit. Like maybe 3....and right leg is snugger. I think it may be time to get rid of my skinny jeans. Boo. Miss Fish is delightful. We tried to solve all our problems in 2 hours. It was so awesome meeting someone who was just words on a page until now. :yes!: I've been without my cane for a while and she seems to walk with no limp. We had fun. Xo
 
No I don't think you need to ditch your skinny Jeans at all. I am a bit concerned on how snug mine may be so I think I have avoided getting them out. I have been wearing my denim skirt instead, mmmm may be I should be ditching that as it is a little short for my age, maybe.....

that's great tweefishy isn't limping after the fall the other day and to meet is brilliant xoxo
 
@Suzette I think she's still really sore. But she is a resilient little fishy.
 
Dear @donor and @Tweefishy - you're doing very well! Keep up the good work and keep on reporting here - how you're getting on? How is work? etc. etc. I wish you both a lovely limp-free time and enjoy wearing your jeans.
Constanze
 
Look at our feet! My op leg foot is rolled out! I thought I'd gotten better about standing and walking normal after years of walking weird to keep my hip in place, but look! Damn. If I'm not actively thinking stand normal, walk normal, look what my dumb leg does! Relearning to move normal is definitely the hardest part of this journey for me.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
If you have a full length mirror that you can put at the end of a hall, you can walk toward it and then back away from it. Watch yourself in the mirror as you walk forwards and backwards at different speeds. It's a good way to reestablish your mind-body connection and develop a more normal gait.
 
@Tweefishy I don't think the feet are an issue, we were trying to huddle under Mr Elephant for a pic. :)
 
Hi @Tweefishy and @donor. ..I am still not getting email notifications are you getting any?

I wondered if that that was the poorly leg, but I only because you had recently had that fall, so just thought it was aching. You probably don't do that normally and there was that elephant too.

I still stand putting all my weight on my right leg, which was my pre op better leg, unfortunately it's now my not good leg and I am beginning to think that doing this, may be contributing to the thigh pain. So I too need to consciously change what I do without even knowing I am doing it.....until it hurts.

How are you both today? X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom