Guest viewing is limited

THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I agree about the pre op pain it was AGONY...you know, I had forgotten how bad it was.....so thinking about I had also forgotten that's why I had the nearly hurting right hip done. It's weird how we forget things. So hopefully we will all forget the rubbish stuff we are getting now!

I can't get to my fee I just can't reach....but I keep accidently sitting crossed legged. ....then I can't uncross them. Don't even know how I do that other than I do it when sitting in bed!!

@donor here is a photo for you...its Arnie the frenchie
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015
bringing you a bone to cheer you up Xx
:dogwalk:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sullivand @Suzette thanks for sweet words of encouragement. Tonight could not walk fast or slow so elevation and icing now. I may even resort to a tramadol tonight. Congratulations on shoe tying this week! Pretty much the same pose for toe painting. Getting up or down will hopefully be effortless and mindless some day for us all. Suzette I hope the pain and throbbing calm down tonight so you can sleep...you have paid enough dues. :^(
 
@Suzette omg that little black face! !!!! Sooooooooo sweet and I just want to give him a smooch xoxo!
 
Hi @donor, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Let hope they start treatment soon. Thinking of you xx and your friend xx
 
@ Doner

Just catching up on here. I am just a few weeks ahead of you. Painting toe nails is huge. Life just keeps happening no matter where we are at in the THR recovery. Sleep seems to be a huge complaint of mine. I am on my second replacement. It went so much better than the first. I am actually happy about the second. Still not happy with the first. But unlike you I had severe pain before the second was done. That bone on bone was like an ice pick poking me non stop. The main consensus I read on this forum is not overdoing it and letting the soft tissue heal. Which brings me to my big soft tissue issues. My hip was feeling pretty good. I still had that numb feeling on the outside of my operated leg. It was getting better though. Then in June being diagnosed with cervical cancer, going through a radical hysterectomy and them taking between 20-30 lymph nodes, now my newly operated leg is numb from mid thigh up. They had to cut nerves to get all of them. Now it's very uncomfortable. I sleep even less. Thank God the cancer was not in the lymph nodes. Now I still recover from the THR and hysterectomy I get to start chemo and radiation at the end of August. I just wonder if I will ever feel good again. I do my best to keep positive. Some days that is hard when you have the constant reminders of 2 major surgeries.

I wish you all the best. My OS told me it takes at least 18 months heal and are happy with having the surgery. I am sending you happy thoughts and hugs. One day at a time



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@fearbox I wish you luck and send hugs. ❤ my dear friend was diagnosed this week with stage 4 cancer lymph/bones. Today is visit one to oncology. It's a nightmare. She is 34 with 3 year old autistic boy. We have done lots of crying and praying. I send you healing thoughts from CA. Xo
 
Oh @donor, I am so sorry for your friend, so young. .. I too am sending healing thoughts over to your friend and to you, from here, and my heart.

I just don't know what to say, other than try to be as positive as you can during this really hard and difficult time.

Loads of hugs and kisses xxxxxxx
 
11.5 weeks. I got myself confused on other threads thinking I was already at 12. In some ways that's good for me and means that other things in life are making me think less about myself. I was not able to continue physical therapy with the new guy as schedule just never came about. I am back to work a good part of the day. However I am leaving at three or four in the afternoon and this is what I was doing prior to surgery. It still makes for a 7 plus hour day. I have not been doing exercises for the most part just walking my sweet doggie everyday. I will occasionally do a stretch for some squats or something but nothing that resembles the list of exercises on any physical therapy paper I have been given. The groin I am still aware of. It is not as biting as it once was but I also think I have learned to move my body to avoid firing it up. Maybe it will go away some day. I have still not gone back to the gym or done exercise classes or other things a lot of bone smart folks have done even tho I want to. I have to get over the initial fear of walking in the gym door. I still don't trust my body like I used to. I am supposed to see doctor in a couple weeks but I may put that off as I have done none of the physical therapy he has recommended. Sleep is still a large problem. I have tried many different things none work consistently. Worry about my dear friend doesn't help. I am becoming one of her primary caregivers. Tomorrow we have a bone marrow biopsy and I hope to be able to hold her hand thru it. Shifting the focus off myself has been good as I am always the one who takes care of others. I was never comfortable being the needy one. All in all I have improved from surgery. But I am still afraid to push myself and do the things that a bad hip prevented me from in the first place. Thanks for the kind support along the way. Xo
 
I recall others saying getting ready for work, travelling to and from work as well as work itself is enough. You are doing so well, give yourself a pat on the back @donor.
 
@donor I agree with copsham, give yourself a pat on the back. Sounds like you are doing very well. The gym will always be there. Don't rush anything. Hugs to you and your sick friend. It's lucky she has you to help!
 
Hi @donor you are doing really well, and I too have not done anything at all other than walk. I wanted to go swimming to loosen my thigh muscles a bit so . ..I have researched, I have even spoken to a bloke at a gym, but once he said £88 a month when I just wanted to use the pool to start with, that was my reasoning for doing...nothing . The thought of doing a squat makes my eyes water !!

I swing my legs around a bit when I am standing , and look at my exercise bike thing...phew I am so glad the hospital said I didn't need physio, they did say swim though, so I do need to do that, eventually. ..

So you must not worry about your PT, you are doing a near full time day at work, have healing going on in your bones and muscles and you are supporting your friend, all of this is draining in itself, let alone exercising on top. You need some chill time. Plus the lack of sleep is also really not helping.

so big massive hugs and love to you :console2::flwrysmile: and your friend xxx
 
@donor I am supposed to be trying to sleep.... I will in a bit honest. I have rather a good size kids pool. I will blow it up fill it with warm water and sit and kick my legs about. What a good idea you have as an alternative to a public packed swimming pool. xoxo

I also hope you get some rain over there, it looks very bad on the tele, all brown and dying. Plus all those fires etc, terrible xox
 
@Suzette it is terrible the fires are hideous and so sad. Firemen working beyond their duty....so sad for them and the little animals. Omg...heartbreaking. I have a hot tub and truly do get it in and flap around a bit. Who knows if it does anything but movement is movement. Sweet dreams little bunny. Xo
 
@donor the thought of the animals is awful :boohoo: and such hard work fir the fire fighters and everyone else involved....

I got to sleep about 3 woke up at 11am. The meds knock me out once I nod off. I must NOT start looking atbhot tubs. I have spent so much whilst I have been off work!!

hope you had a good day today xx
 
YES....That is exactly it....and thats how my legs are behaving and my head is ...right at this moment at 3.10am !!

All in a big jumble and nothing is straight forward.

I am going to print that out and stick it on the wall
Xx
 
Happy 12 wk anniversary!!!!!! Keep it up hon! You are doing great! Looking forward to this weekend's get together. The boys are all going camping this weekend!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Thank you @Tweefishy @Suzette and other sweet hippies. 12 weeks today or 3 months, not sure which sounds better. Such a road we have been on right? I am much better than 12 weeks ago that's for sure. The body has an amazing ability to heal. I still have to watch myself as I want to power thru the rest of the recovery in another week. Things are still not pain free, that's for sure. The groin is not healed either. I have really done no PT other than a few visits and did virtually none of the homework. I just walked and walked and walked more. I did start back to work at week 4 plus a few days but only part time. The surgeon has cleared me for anything I want to do zero restrictions....and that was a few weeks ago. I see him the end of this month to follow up on the groin injections. I am so grateful that I don't have to do this on the other hip like so many of you folks. I still have back issues and I have an MRI Saturday to sort that out. Being with a person just diagnosed with aggressive cancer has a way of putting aches and pains in perspective. Biopsies, bone marrow harvesting and now chemo port surgery tomorrow and she has just begun. I am much better at being a rock for someone else. I thank you for all the hand holding and cheerleading along my journey. Will keep in touch. :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom