THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@agileHippie yes the gp knows I struggle with this. I have meds but resort to using rarely. Sometime having them is like a little insurance policy. Hope you are doing very well. Xx
 
Day 41 a small gripe session....called the surgeon's office AGAIN for help or suggestions with back pain. I left a message for PA last week, no call back. Today I find that she is out of the office the entire week, so had I been a nice obedient patient and sat here again waiting for a call, there would not have been one and would not have been one for another whole week. What is wrong with these offices? We have a major operation and have a blip, and are ignored? So angry. Doc suggests now that I do PT, which he did not suggest before so I have a call in.......sorry to vent just upset. :blackcloud:
 
@donor does your OS offer electronic access to your chart? If it does there is probably the ability to access the office by e-mail. Both my OS and my Personal Physician have this electronic feature and I have found it very useful and quick. Both offices respond within 24 hours and usually much sooner. As far as I'm concerned it is a great system -- saves everyone a lot of time/expense plus there is a written record. The offices gave me the information about their systems and then I set up the Programs on my computer with User Name and Passwords. It was easy. If available to you something like this might help with communications. Good luck!
 
@HollyB the OS does not. Sadly no way to communicate except by phone.
 
@donor
Vent all you want! So maddening! I hope PT can help but I know you really wanted to talk to your doctor ~ ugh so many hoops to run through and with a new hip~ one time I got so upset with my doctors office after my first surgery that I screamed and cried so loudly I scared my little Westie. I scared myself too quite frankly. It was over poor communication that wasted a week while I was waiting for the second surgery. I finally calmed down and had to calm down my dog too! Email would be a good idea wouldn't it? Keep calling every day if you need to~ certainly they have someone filling in to take your call? You are in my thoughts. :doggie:
 
6 week mark today. Starting pt Thursday to help with back also. Have been using Chinese herbal patches this weekend....you can smell me a mile away. Yesterday took my longest walk yet but was semi aware of my leg the whole time. It's a confidence thing...I paniced half way home but I made it. I think I just don't trust the implant yet. Ice is still my best friend and I carry tramadol and other meds with me just in case. I feel zingers and tightness and other odd sensations often and try to tell myself it's my body adjusting. Off to work I go today but I did get surgeon to extend my half days thru month of July.:yes!:
 
Super @donor ~ extended time for part time work will be so good for you. Glad you were able to contact your surgeon. So glad you got in a walk today too! I think what might be going on is that we worry our new hip won't hold us but what we are really feeling are the weak muscles around the hip~ that's what the doctor told me! So knowing that gives me confidence in my walking because I know I am strengthening the muscles to be as strong as the new hip! Have a good 1/2 day at work! You are in my thoughts. :walking:
 
Oh @donor~ I keep forgetting to tell you that your surgery was on my birthday~ that's kind of funny :friends:Isn't it?
 
Donor, you are doing so much better than you give yourself credit for. Your hip sounds like it's healing. The back is frustrating and depressing for sure. I truly believe it will get better in time, time that I labrum and maddening. You back suffered in parallel with you leg. However, your back was not operated on 6 wks ago, only the hip. Nth at means it has to adjust to this new anatomy, new posture, new gait, and it has to unwind from so much time laying down, elevating, etc for the last month. Be proud of your progress. Let's celeb rate your progress! We should schedule a pedicure soon! I can't reach my toes like you and they are so sad! I'm giving you a big virtual hug and congratulatory kiss on the cheek for getting through recovery so far. Keep at it. Keep fighting. And go easy on yourself and your body. You will feel better soon and you are taking all the measures to get there using all means necessary. You rock! Love and respect my sweet donor!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@donor You are doing really well and back to work part time, don't know how you do it really, considering the pain etc you were in a few weeks ago. I too have now ordered the super Ice packs you have been using.

I am now day 16 and find sitting down uncomfortable mainly to my right hip, get cramps and spasms, so as I can lie down. I will.

Keep well x
 
@Tweefishy @Suzette thanks for kind words as you know this is an emotional battle to heal too. Suzette at day 16 or 17 I did not even think id ever get back to work. I was stuck in home health care nightmare and had pain only being managed with Tylenol. I thought I was losing it. Little by little things improved. At 6 weeks I am still very aware I've had a big surgery. I still feel pain in the groin and misc aches everywhere. Like @Tweefishy I would read these forum posts that seemed miraculous and say what the hell is wrong with me? I would be very happy for those people and rationally I knew everyone is different. But it didn't help me feel better. Still every day I read them and made some wonderful friends here who never judged me if I wanted to scream, cry or just plain vent. You will get there.....I was told that over and over....but you will. As you body intends, it will heal. Write us.any time. We truly get it. And yes @Tweefishy we need to get a toe job soon! Xoxoxox
 
Hello all, I lost my own thread as I am so adicted to reading how everyone else is doing. :) First pt session was good to have. I think I'm less scared of my new parts and have a better idea of things I can do on my own. I'm a girl who loves a plan. Give it to me in writing and I will follow. But the groin is very sore this am, very. I have never in my life talked so much about my groin! I guess I just took all those muscles and ligaments for granted. The visual of a proper woman doing a crotch grab all the time must be confusing to folks. Especially since my pants don't droop and I am not wearing a backward baseball cap or sequined glove. @Sullivand however I also do have some butt sag in my jeans so I understand. PT lady said the groin took a beating and will slowly recover but it still takes my breath away when least expected. I'm walking longer and have a few exercises to work on this weekend but if anything hurts I'm not doing them. My work folks know I'm at half time until whenever I'm not so...that's ok. We gotta keep holding each other up here. :thankyou:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@donor everytime I read one of your updates I cant help but get the most vivid images in my head.

I know what you mean about the groin pain, I just keep rubbing my groin and actually never even thought what that might look like to others! !

Glad you are doing so well and have such humour. It nice to read..
I too am addicted to others stories found here.

Have a great weekend and dont get doing too much

Xx
 
That's what we're missing!!!! Sequined gloves!!!! That's a great get well soon gag gift! And yes, we've finally joined the other half of the human race in constantly tugging at our junk (or so it would look from the hapless passerby ;)
Xoxoxoxo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy I can now be a full fledged member of a boy band. I got some junk for sure and I seem to be handling it all the time. I have a groin injury like the studly highly paid ball players now. Finally i understand sports. :thud:
 
Well, it must be a miraculous recovery or true lack of smarts. Hubby ran out of Johnny Walker Black, his RX of choice. Let's go to COSTCO!! he says, which means, let me drop you off and I will sit in the car with the puppy and Sunday paper. OK I say. AND I DID IT.....Sunday at noon on a freekin three day weekend!! :yes!::egypdance::wowspring:Not sure what the heck I was thinking but managed to push a cart, grab the booze and organic greens for MY daily greensmoothie and off I went. I felt a little like a kid in a bumper car ride....but I managed the focus and accomplished the task. Not sure however, I would recommend this particular trick for folks with 2 good hips let alone me at 6.5 weeks and holding. Even a few weeks ago, if you told me I would do this on 4th of July weekend I would have never ever believed it. xo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had to laugh @donor
It's these milestones that make all the difference during this long road to full recovery........ But you are doing so very well at 6.5 weeks post THR! Back at work albeit part time is just amazing. You need to know that you are doing seriously well. Don't overdo it....my recovery was so slow but well worth the wait!! Keep up the good work! Xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:wave:@donor
Wow! Costco on the craziest of weekends?! Way to go girl! Booze and greens~ sounds like the healthiest of diets! :heehee:
You sound good and I am so happy to read about your accomplishments!
 
Well, pt exercises are a bit too much. Was given the a sheet of 4 like bridges and clamshells that sort of thing. She said do them but they should not cause pain. At the time they didn't so I did a few extra being a classic overachiever. This am groin is not happy at all. I think walking is ok, costco was even ok but the ones that target the teensy groin muscles and ligaments are not ok for now. Driving this am not good. I just took doggie for walk and could not wait to get home for ice. Will discuss with her at apt this pm. :sorry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom