Guest viewing is limited

TKR New to the world of TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@susie09 I am from the Columbus area. My husband is a Cincinnati guy I am from Youngstown originally but have been here almost 30 Years. We like the middle of the state. but I am a huge tribe fan and get up to some games with my family. what part of Ohio are you from
 
@jbucks I guess I think of myself as a Clevelander but I'm actually from the 'burbs about 8-10 miles east of the city. Given how close I am, I hate to admit that I haven't made it to a game in two years. I had a spinal fusion almost exactly two years ago so between that and then my knee going downhill...anyway, hopefully I'll be able to remedy that this summer. We usually get to 3-4 games every year.
 
hi group. I traveled this weekend to see my aunt who is about three hours away. rested every hour walked etc. not bad just uncomfortable I guess. I am beginning to not need my tramadol in the early morning on some days but I still keep it close by.
the ice ice ice, I am 7 weeks out and I am having difficulty keeping ice on my knee at night as it get really uncomfortable. does anyone have any suggestions
 
@jbucks get an icing machine. I have a Berg polar cube. About 4 hours of constant chilling with your knee wrapped. Your insurance may pay for it. I received mine at the hospital. It was on when I awoke after surgery and they gave it to me as a parting gift. They're also sold on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I am with Jeff, I love my Breg. Amazon prices have gone way up, check out the Breg Company web site they had better prices last I looked, just be sure it includes the knee wrap where ever you buy it. Sometimes you can find used ones on E bay.
Good luck in your quest for hours of icing.
 
I received my Breg I am really happy.
I saw my physician today for my 6 week checkup although it has been 7 weeks. They feel I am doing very well for where I am at. My bend is good and my extension good, and they reviewed my Xrays and found things to be good.
The IT band issue seems to be real for me. One of the issues has to do with compensating with your hip when you walk. I need to concentrate on heel toe and follow through. The physician gave me a suggestion as well, that people with high arches often pronate when they walk which causes your hip to rotate. I was quite amazed to see how many people have this issue, as this is very common with the people I am seeing in rehab. My rehab is not just my physician but physicians from around the other hospitals so I was a bit more relieved.
None the less it still hurts.
I was also told that I need to take it easy but to keep exercising and building my quads which I am doing. WOW this is hard.
I would like to shout out to @Josephine who has really helped as well as all the others who keep me going every day. Have a great evening, morning, or afternoon wherever you are around the world
 
@jbucks I just noticed I have never posted on your thread but I feel like we talk all the time! Crazy, we must meet on our threads or mine!




4/1/2014 TKR
 
I was also told that I need to take it easy but to keep exercising and building my quads which I am doing. WOW this is hard.
Well stop it! You're barely 8 weeks out which is very early in the process. Your quads aren't weak, they are injured - big difference! So they need lots of rest and pain meds, not being beaten like a dead horse! And I told you all this here when I responded to your answers to my questions. That was back in May 20th! Have you forgotten so soon? Nothing should be hard work or painful. NOT ... A .... THING!
 
@Josephine I know I should not have traveled but she is soo sick with pancreatic cancer and I wanted to see her one last time. She was diagnosed last year about this time and failing very fast. I promise I iced and relaxed this week. thanks for keeping me in check. I need it
 
@jbucks just popped in to say hi. I have not posted on your thread. It is so hard to be in this marathon recovery and really need to see someone. I hear why it was so important to you. I am thoroughly confused by this quad strengthening stuff. I am 9 weeks out and keep wondering if I should be doing this. I do basic stuff, nothing that is hard.
~~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith I know. they say strengthen but I am doing basic. my docs says that is fine. I have been getting really tired in the afternoon and want to take a nap but then I fear I won't be able to sleep. How are you doing? I know you were having issues with pAin meds. how is that going. And your son is he marrying this week? hope you are doing better. Just so you know. I had a crying fit when I saw the doc. Everything looks great you are doing well she said and I just busted out and let her have it. By the end she was very consoling and reassured time and patience.
That didn't seem to make me feel better. But we can't turn back now
 
The hardest work for me has been just resting with the ice machine, leg elevated, and surfing the internet, napping, or reading a book. Missing my Aunt's memorial service, missing Easter, and missing Mothers Day, has been the hardest to deal with during this recovery.

I add extra layers when the ice machine is uncomfortable, and check to make sure there is enough ice in the machine. When starts to get warm it gets uncomfortable for me.
 
@Josephine don't apologize. good reality check for me. I have to say though my doc and the team of physician assistants and nurse practioners all say I am doing wonderful and things look great, and I can do what I want within reason, but After I am on it for a bit swelling, and stiffness settle in. @ Josephine. you have any suggestions for stiffness when standing.
 
you have any suggestions for stiffness when standing.
Well, given that stiffness is a manifestation of pain along with soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching and swelling. Ergo - take some pain meds!
 
Ergo - take some pain meds!
Thanks Josephine I did today. I went back to the tramadol. I figured what the heck. So I am taking the tramadol every 12 hours at 50mg and tylenol in between as I need it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom