THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Diane :)

I had a little figurine like this when I was much younger & felt invincible on a regular basis. Even though you are retired maybe it will help you feel more powerful too.
[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks, Cardie! Love the figurine. Think I will add this to my affirmations.

PT went extremely well today. Assessed my gait and I was leaning to the R and holding my L shoulder in a really odd position. Tried walking (without cane), not leaning and keeping shoulder relaxed and it worked! It felt great (more normal) and I will practice more now. Also when we got to the point where my muscles gave out after reps I did 2 more reps of each :yahoo: exercise! And 20 min. on the Nu-step, level 3, up from 5 min. @ level 1. So very encouraged and feeling stronger. At home I am feeling like all movement is more normal and I have more confidence to move more. If I'm feeling unsure I just go slow and try and make the movement as normal as possible and it's working and helping.
 
Oh Diane, I am over the moon the PT went so well for you. It's great when we manage to achieve even a little improvement and it seems like you have achieved quite a bit today so lots of celebration necessary :dancy: I love it that PT's can recognise even the smallest of unnatural movements in us and their knowledge and advice makes a huge difference to our recovery. Keep up the good work

Take care

Ann,x.
 
Hi Sis

That is great that you had a good PT session. You are recovering and doing it at your pace which is great for your journey.

Hugs xoxoxox
 
Hello there Diane!

Oh, it sounds lie you got a fabulous birthay present at the PT's! That is so wonderful to hear that!! Good for you. That was great your PT spotted your allignment and helped you adjust it!

I saw that you had mentioned you were down a few posts back. I hope that is passing. You know Diane, you have gone through such major changes. Even though the focus of your distress has been around health issues (and rightly so) and even though you a pleased about your early retirement (congrats there!), the retirement itself marks a big life change. Also, as you are a teacher (even with its insane demands and stresses), it's a bit more than just a "job"; it's a career (and a very inspiring one at that!) that you dedicated what, 20 or so years to? So, moving on from this is a milestone in your life and one that kind of crept up on you because of health issues. A birthday would echo that milestone as well. Change is never easy. Even good change.

LAstly, very warm wishes for a belated birthday! Wishing you good helth and happiness.

Elle
 
Diane,
What great news about all your PT success! Sounds like things are coming around for you:) I'm so happy it's looking up for you. Some of us have longer recoveries but the end result is still wonderful. Happy belated birthday!
Dee
 
I agree with how much better it feels to rest that extra bit each day (maybe a little more than we think we actually need) and take the pain medication as needed. I'm finding that with myself.

I tried to cut back on the pain meds a little too much a little too soon and I found myself not feeling as well and not wanting to move around as much. I wasn't in severe pain or anything like that, but it was just enough additional pain and stiffness that it affected me. Upping the pain meds just a little made a huge difference and I will keep taking them the way I need to from here on out. I have a good supply, so I shouldn't run out any time soon.

Same thing with the rest. Sometimes I just recline in the recliner but I never get the same quality of rest as I do if I actually lie down in bed with pillows arranged so I'm super comfortable. My back was hurting more today and I made myself go to bed. I fell asleep for a couple of hours ... and I woke up feeling SO much better than before I went to bed. It made a huge difference than if I had just stayed the in the recliner.

So,take care of yourself.

Dorothy
 
More awesome news! PT session today was great again. My PT's daughter hurt her hand so she wasn't there. I worked with her assistant. Now, usually when my PT is not there I don't work as hard, not that I don't want to, it's just different. But today I did work just as hard and was able to stand on one foot (new L hip side) and balance! I have been working on this for months. And I walked a lot more without the cane! I finally feel as though I have turned a HUGE corner.

Also, lots more energy for errands and stuff around the house. It feels so good to begin feeling "normal" again.

I know we all say it a lot but without the support of BS friends I don't know where I would be today. So thank you BS friends and family, you are all the best!
 
Wow! That is such good news! You have worked so hard--it's great your hard work and patience is paying off.

Remember--August 6th will be our get together after my dr's appointment.

Dorothy
 
Blimey Diane you are flying girl :dancy: I am so happy for you, you have most certainly turned a corner. You must be elated that you can stand on you new hip side and walking better that is just fab news.

Enjoy feeling normal again

Take care

Ann
 
I reckon Cardies little girl piece has special powers, perhaps we all need that pic on our threads :)
 
Hi Sis

Fantastic news, I was sure it was just a matter of a little more time. It is your 8 month anniversary on the 15 July.!

I remember DaveGM saying at around this time after his second THR he started to feel more normal as though he had turned a corner.

Well done honey, I am so thrilled for you :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life
WAY TO GO, DIANEMARIE! ENJOY AND SAVOR THE DAY! YOU WORKED HARD FOR THIS, AND YOU SO DESERVE IT!

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life
 
WOW!! This is wonderful news!!!!! Able to stand on one foot on the operated side!!! That's truely wonderful! You must celebrate this! This is when I wish we could all go POOF and meet in cyberspace to raise our glasses. Well,we will raise them anyways! To your continued sucess!!
 
Diane, I knew you could make it.:yay: At times we are climbing a hill and we get so focus on the climb that we forget to stop, rest, look back and see how far we have come.:yes!: Enjoy the moment and then get up and start climbing again. Sadly most of the hill climbing is done by us. Our friends are busy in the hill climbing and get so busy with getting to the top of their hill, they forget that we are having trouble and need help in climbing ours. I do believe that if you have experience something that is ruff, and these replacements are, we come out being stronger, more able to move on and become a better person. In doing this we have sometimes less in common with our friends that we have. Thats why making new ones are so important. That doesn't mean we still don't want their friendship, its that we have changed so therefore so has our friendships. Change is good because we need it. But sometimes it is painful.

Another Birthday. WOW! What a great day. I love Birthdays because it means I have succefully make another year. Maybe its not perfect but who cares I made another Birthday. WOW :cocktail:
Diane, this year has had lots of chances and you need time to get use to them. I know retirememt is something we all want and when we get there it is a big adjustment. Just think now everyday is a day off to do what you want to do. In that process we lose some friends but the space is filled with new ones. That doesn't mean you don't morn the lost. Keep looking to full recover and when you get there all of the friends here will be waiting for you so we all can celebrate the wonderful success you have achevied. Don't forget we are starting at the side of the hill rooting for you!!!!:puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
I remember the first time I went to physical therapy, when I first started down the path of treating my osteoarthritis, and the PT did an evaluation. I was still pretty flexible, and I still had some strength. But when she tested my balance....oh my, I had no idea it was so bad. I still feel it is my weakest area. So I understand your pride in making significant progress in this area. You are now my official inspiration. :)

Sharon
 
It does take a long time to regain that strength,,, but look Sis, spot on 8 months and you have turned the Big Corner on so many issues - good for you honey :)
 
Diane, How are you today. I so glad you feel better. You have come so far and I am so glad I was able to be here to witness the success. You are a good person and deserve the success. Do have a good week and do keep us posted my dear friend of your ups. take care Love Tashia:puppysmooze::bicycle1:
 
Diane, How are you? I understand its really hot there. Please stay cool. Love :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom