TKR New knee for me

I think the neoprene sleeve is a good idea.
I have started wearing one when I go out for walks and it does provide extra comfort and support.
I am mainly wearing it now because the weather is too warm for thick tights or leggings.
I am worried that if I fell I might graze my knee and risk infection. I had a few falls in the years before my surgery. Even though I am walking well and pretty steady I still worry about falling.
 
@Flashlight
Thank you!! I'll look into the knee sleeve, keeping my knee warm would help a lot.
I can't wear clogs at work, what Ryka shoe would you recommend?
 
Ryka Women's Devotion X walking shoe. Good reviews on Amazon!
 
My feet are finally not hurting as bad.
My knee is doing well, but the skin on the right side of the surgery is SUPER sensitive! It is sore to touch with anything. Will this go away?
 
Glad to read that your knee is doing well, @LydiasMom!

Yes, that skin sensitivity is quite common. Remember that your nerves were upset by the surgery and may now overreact to different stimuli. Some folks find it helpful to rub the area -- very gently -- with different fabrics/materials to aid in desensitizing.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom