Guest viewing is limited

New here and terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to hearing from you next week. I am just starting preop procedures and bonesmart is a great place for all of us! I have my daughter's minpin and 20 lb cat currently living with me - along with other family. My own chow mix rescue died almost two years ago at 16 years old. I miss her everyday. I have not gotten another dog yet cuz i could not even walk her. That is one of my incentives for getting my knees done - this time next year I hope to have a new companion and I kind of like bigger dogs. Definately will be a rescue and not a puppy. Funny I have no problem trusting animals. Keep posting thru the weekend - maybe it will help all of us scaredy cats. Good thoughts and special prayers - joanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I hope this last bone-on-bone-pain weekend goes sanely for you, Butterfly. Come Monday, that pain will be history. I'm so glad you don't have to wait any longer to get rid of it. I, too, had great faith in my surgeon because of what I'd heard and read, and that was a huge source of comfort to me. Let it be for you, too. I will check in to see how you are.
 
Butterfly , good luck. All will go well. Can't wait to hear your post from the other side. My thr is scheduled for October 10th.
 
Hi butterfly. I just wanted to send my best wishes for your big day. You'll do fine. I'm a calm person so can loan you all of that...just until Oct. 16. Soothing thoughts coming to you from Florida...should be there in a couple of hours.

Would be so much better if we could take our furry friends into surgery with us...they are proven to reduce BP. Well, nothing can stop you from imagining you are stroking their fur and kissing those soft ears. I lost my 16 year old cat a couple of weeks ago and still see him in all his usual places.

Look forward to your recovery thread.
 
Oh Butterfly, it's your turn! Relax this last day and a half as best you can. Enjoy everything you have, it will all be there waiting for you on the other side! So will we! Looking forward to your recovery thread!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey, thanks for stopping by my thread.

I read about the bad experience you had at the hospital. General anxiety seems to only need the smallest thing to latch onto, and you had a doozy. Just remember we are all thinking of you and the rest of the people at the hospital will likely be super nice. I know the nurses at mine were. I would just qualify the anesthesiologist under the "surgery" rather than "care" category. They aren't especially known for their patient skills.

Best wishes on your journey to moving around again. : )
 
Jozilla Get a big ol' happy, loving black lab! They are the BEST companions and after the nutso puppy stage, they are happy as a clam just to be beside you and adore you. They make wonderful house dogs and the house is where they want to be -- mine have a doggie door and go in and out as they wish into the backyard. They stay in the house even when I'm not here, and just nap or go out and play or do other doggie things. No destruction or accidents. Just big ol' lovable black labs. They think I hung the moon and are always SOOO happy to see me if I've been gone, even for just a few minutes. The know something is different now and they are quite respectful of my person and my walker, i.e., no jumping up on me for a kiss or getting in my way suddenly. Yellow labs are just as great, but I am partial to the black ones. I think they are absolutely beautiful creatures, and black dogs are almost always the last ones adopted.

How is the Min-Pin? I've heard from some people that they are very energetic and sometimes hard to manage. I've never really been around one much.

THank you for thinking of me and please say a prayer for me on Monday (Sunday, too).

Peace and love to you
 
The min-pin Stella has been my daughters baby for 7 years. She was very spoiled - not too energetic and a very good apartment or small house dog. My daughter had her first baby 5 months ago and we were really worried about Stella being jealous. She surprised us all. When my daughter came home from the hospital - c-section - Stella thought she gave birth and became a mama too. She would not leave the baby's side and would worry and fret. But totally adores and protects the baby and even gave up sleeping with my daughter to sleep with the baby on ghe floor next to his crib. She is a bit on the stubborn side but she is very loving and non aggressive. I will be thinking of you and waiting for your posts! You are in my prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good luck for tomorrow, Monday (in my timezone :)) Butterfly...practice your relaxation methods :)
 
Thinking of you, Butterfly.... I hope you got my response on my original thread, but just wanted to add my voice to those rooting for you on Monday, the beginning of your new life!!! I read this whole thread :) & can tell you I worry about the same things. It's so nice to have folks who totally u derstand. I feel and share your anxiety, but remember: I have had various surgeries, have been scared sh*tless about each & every one (two were emergencies which engender a different kind of fear -- of the UNKNOWN!!). & none was as bad as I anticipated, Including my knee replacement (knee is good!!). I have appts with two excellent surgeons next month, which I'm already nervous about. But now you're way past that & are ready to just DO IT! You're gonna do as well as everybody else, are well prepared, & have all kinds of emotional support here. Just want to say I'll be thinking of you Monday & wishing you a great recovery. I hope to hear from you on the other side. Oh -- little tip: drinking a lot of water really helps with constipation. All the best, Ellen :)
 
Hi Butterfly Just checking in to see how you're doing, and whether you are prepared for Monday? Prunes? Underwear and clothing in places you can reach? Ditto for coffee pot? Icepacks? Books, DVR'd TV? Chocolate or your snack of choice? Lots of protein for healing?

Be sure they are on time with pain meds in the hospital. If not, ask for them firmly. This is not a time to be too polite, especially before the PT/OT sessions. Same with ice packs-you really will feel better if you use them lots.

Will be sending healing thoughts your way on Monday. See you on the hipster side.
 
The min-pin Stella has been my daughters baby for 7 years. She was very spoiled - not too energetic and a very good apartment or small house dog. My daughter had her first baby 5 months ago and we were really worried about Stella being jealous. She surprised us all. When my daughter came home from the hospital - c-section - Stella thought she gave birth and became a mama too. She would not leave the baby's side and would worry and fret. But totally adores and protects the baby and even gave up sleeping with my daughter to sleep with the baby on ghe floor next to his crib. She is a bit on the stubborn side but she is very loving and non aggressive. I will be thinking of you and waiting for your posts! You are in my prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Butterfly hello dear chum, I shall be thinking of you today and tomorrow. If you can get someone to let us know how you are then that would be fab. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I may call you if you pm me your number. I shall wait until your up to talking though :kittykiss: much hugs from across the pond to you and all those getting ready to be a hippy,. The ops a breeze so hang on in there :kittykiss:
 
Butterfly - thought you would enjoy this. Stella is a little overweight. Seems to happen to all who live with me except hubby who is very active!
[Bonesmart.org] New here and terrified
. Hope this works!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
if you can just get through the awful teenage years without strangling them!
MmmmHmmm :gaah::beg::bow:


I know it is uncool to like disco, but I DO,
I love swirly skirts too. I use to call them my Lambada Skirts. :blush:

I love this song and I finally got to dance to it on a dance floor about a month before my knee surgery, needless to say it was a painful rendition of what I'd done at home in earlier years. We WILL dance again twirly skirts and all!



Just cried at the end. This may be our Flash Mob song!... I'm seat dancing now. :egypdance::egypdance:

By the way, we got you covered tomorrow :friends:
 
Really we're all alone even if there are ten people in the house.Unless I stab someone in the hip with a steak knife theyre not going to understand this pain

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So TRUE! A great way to describe it. Oh, and my boys are under the impression that the second knee surgery is a milder continuation of the first... NOT! We're watching the knee surgery video tonight, so they can GET A CLUE!

BUT NOT YOU Butterfly, You may not even THINK about the video until after your second knee, then you probably won't want to.

I feel another disco song in my spirit... any requests? :egypdance::egypdance:
 
COME ON! PARTY ON BUTTERFLY'S THREAD! :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
:egypdance::egypdance:Mama you're gonna come through this surgery with flying colors...:egypdance::egypdance: ​
Let's get this party STARTED IN HERE! Daughter stalker, new knee in June,we'll save the warriors until she's up to it. lol danceragainsoon, patient 99.. you can do it girl! HorseyLady, Ready, ditzy dinah Jsankowski, ... bring those walkers on in here, I got mine! Whooa Whooa :yahoo:Knee pain, Dabber, Toothfairy, Butterfly is gonna need LOTS OF PIXIE DUST! I can't remember everybody I'm on Oxy, but some of you guys are already "In da Houze!" :rotfl: LET'S GOOO! Sorry Milli, you got me started. :heehee: Click at your own risk. :happydance:



Remember ladies... we're partying to get the jitters out and then we're praying. She goes in first thing tomorrow morning @5:00 am. I pray that she is anxious for NOTHING and has the peace of God that surpasses ALL understanding. Let the surgeon's hands be skilled and precise and may she have a 5 star hotel experience that Roofmaster spoke of. Amen! :angel:
 
AMEN to that BW, well said :):):):)
I am still on my Tramadol so am up for some pain free partying :dancy: as long as there is no bending involved :) You will hear me clunking as I dance the night away :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:

Butterfly, I wish you all the best for tomorrow and sending you lots of hugs (((()))) from across the pond. You will be FINE I am sure but I will be thinking of you :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom