Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

I have the silver/mulberry Ghost 7, plan on purchasing another pair, most likely the Hawaiian blue. Who knows I could end up with all three colors. My challenge will be how soon I breakdown the lateral heel.
Wonderful to hear how far you are walking, the shin splints will clear up. Sounds like you ROM is there to ride your bike outside when you are ready.
Have a great week!
Riding outside...that 118 is not functional, it was pushing/pulling with all I had to where I break out in a sweat and feel light headed...(I forget to breath). My goal is 120 functional!

I know just the color shoes you got. The blue and the neon pink ones look pretty awesome.
 
Riding outside...that 118 is not functional, it was pushing/pulling with all I had to where I break out in a sweat and feel light headed...(I forget to breath). My goal is 120 functional!

You'll get there, Bonnie! Remember that it's the tortoise who won the race!
 
You'll get there, Bonnie! Remember that it's the tortoise who won the race!

Thanks Caryl, you are always good at remaining me that! My revision knee was 7 months old on Tuesday (July 2), since this recovery is soooo different (but better) than the first one I am in uncharted territory and don't know yet what the ending is. The one thing I do know is that I never dreamed at 7 months post op, I'd have to fight to get 118 degrees!
 
@RunA42K ,

Yes slow down and the ROM will come. I think that is a wonderful idea. Pushing yourself too hard tends to hinder a person. Even though my foot broke going into a shoe, I have a funny feeling that I already had a stress fracture from pushing my body to the limit! My body took over and got my attention. :headbang:

So, yes; take it a day at a time and enjoy each victory!:yahoo:
 
Abby had me doing power walking in the pool today!:snork:

She said as soon as the doc gives the green light we will start power walking to get ready for the Houston Half Marathon.:thud:
 
Your moving right along Sonja, whether it be on water or land! Good for you. You'll be ready, no doubt about it.

Monday I was still able to get 118 degrees again, so that's a good thing...the last 3 visits. My IT band has been acting up in my TKR leg so I had some soft tissue work on that Monday. I go to Physical Therapy today at 2pm so here's hoping that I do good again!
 
Monday I was still able to get 118 degrees again, so that's a good thing...the last 3 visits. My IT band has been acting up in my TKR leg so I had some soft tissue work on that Monday. I go to Physical Therapy today at 2pm so here's hoping that I do good again!

118 again for the 4th time in 4 Physical Therapy visits!! I also got a Dexamethasone patch cause of that pesky tendonitis acting up. If I can get 118 degrees 4 times...I can get to 120! Just a matter of time.
 
Funny thing with my ROM is when I do exercises that have nothing to do directly with ROM, it increases.
I range between your 118 and up to 122, depends on the day and the time.
Not too much longer and you will be there.
 
Bonnie,

Abby, my trainer is going to join us on the Houston Marathon walk!:happydance:
My daughter Lacy will be there too. She and I used to run marathons together. Btw...did you ever make a hotel reservation?
 
Funny thing with my ROM is when I do exercises that have nothing to do directly with ROM, it increases.
I range between your 118 and up to 122, depends on the day and the time.
Not too much longer and you will be there.
Well I wish I could same the same for myself. I probably have a functional 112 degrees and today for the 5th visit to Physical Therapy I got to 118 degrees again albeit NOT functional.I'll just keep chugging along!
 
well. I am working on that three hotels left and can't decide which one!
 
Drum roll please...........

The past two days I have gone to Physical Therapy, and the past two days I reached 120 degrees for the first time ever after my revision!!! That is the most I'd been able to bend my knee since 2012. I know it's not a functional 120 yet but I clearly continue to move forward!!

I've been out walking several times, each time 4 1/2 miles, and working on increasing my pace. Obviously the walking speedy at that distance has not hurt my ROM.

Now...next week Sonja @RestAssured is coming to Houston and we'll get to meet. She's gonna come to my store, and we'll go eat a late lunch/early dinner. Maybe I can bring you home Sonja to meet my husband and dogs and see my new house and pool?!?! Depending on how your foot is Sonja, maybe we can go for a walk too!

Things are looking up and I am feeling, "Happy Happy Happy!"
 
I am hoping he releases me from my boot tomorrow!:loveshwr: I would love to go on a walk with you and get an idea of our pace for January! Eating lunch or Dinner is great also, I can stay all day and we can have a blast. @RunA42K :happydance::happydance:
 
My daughter Lacy will be there too. She and I used to run marathons together. Btw...did you ever make a hotel reservation?
Yes, I made reservations at one of the hotels suggested. I just can't remember which one! I will have to look it up in my email
 
That is great news for you and for @RestAssured - it is so nice to see the connection the two of you have forged through this forum.

Congratulations on your ROM and the distances you are getting in your walking! It is a great couple days for you!
 
Hey Bonnie, Just checking in on you. Thats great that you got to 120. I bet you are enjoying your pool. And you are gonna meet up with Rest Assured. Have a great time and be safe. Hope her foot holds up. Im doing great and back to work. My first 2 weeks were brutal. I hadn't been off work that long in decades and my whole body hurt, except my knee ! Im going back to gym now to lose 16 pounds. Since going back to work ive been eating bad and not going to gym and playing. I had fun taking 4 months off work rehabbing. Springtime was beautiful here. Be patient with your ROM. It will improve. At the very least lets hope its painfree and functional. Best wishes, Iceman
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom