Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

It has been since October since I had a sandwich for lunch. I have a spinach salad with tomatoes, mushroom, carrots, and some sliced chicken breast. (I do lie to put some black olives on it, too!) I have a lite red wine vinaigrette dressing. I do allow myself a few slices of pizza on a Saturday night---I don;t want to be a martyr about the things---but I avoid soup and any type of fast food.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I want to upload a picture. I got a card in the mail today from my sister and I scanned it and want to show you all, how can I do that?:scratch:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Here's the link to the thread in the OFFICE section, "How To Use the Forum" to help you post a photo.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Here's the link to the thread in the OFFICE section, "How To Use the Forum" to help you post a photo.

I have this picture saved on my computer, but the thread didn't tell me how to upload it. Sorry...must be the pain pills! :rolleyespink:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Got a question...ever since my surgery the tops of my feet have been bothering me, a feeling like my shoes are tied too tight! The first two weeks, I thought it was because of those TED hose, but once I got to take those off I still am bothered by this. It is not my shoes...because I have this feeling even when I am barefooted. I asked my PT but he was not sure, I wondered if anyone else has had this feeling??:what:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I like to use Photobucket to upload photos. There is a link for image tags that you copy from, and paste that tag into your posting here...
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

My feet were swollen and they rubbed on my shoes and the rawness was sore even barefooted. If your legs are inflamed, so are your feet.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

My feet were swollen and they rubbed on my shoes and the rawness was sore even barefooted. If your legs are inflamed, so are your feet.

Thanks Rupp, although my feet don't aprear to be swollen, maybe they are slightly I just don't see it. But, my legs are sensitive to touch so like you said it probably just carries down to my foot!

On a happy note, today in PT I got my ROM to 91 degrees!! That is 29 degrees in 28 days! Next goal is 110 and then I can ride a bike! The bike at PT and mine at home on the trainer!

:hysterical::doggieshmooze::dancy::yay:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I am glad to hear of your progress. My legs and feet would swell for no reason known to me (my knees could tell me, but they would have to kill me!) Some days I would be fine, then on a day picked out by my knees, they would get puffy. I just put up with it and it eventually went away.

The ROM will come back---do not worry about that. Mine seemed to come in stages and I would reach a plateau, then it would come again.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, this is the post that tells you how to upload pictures direct from your PC into your post.

And congratulations on your progress! You're doing fine.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Ok, here is the picture I wanted to show you. I got this card in the mail from my sister, I thought it very appropriate. Inside it reads, "Just take it one step at a time." Four little Dachshunds going up one stair at a time!

:doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
    Just take it one step at a time!.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 313
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Aawwww! That is soooo cute - such teeny little chaps!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

How cute is that!? My brother has an older dachshund. Steps aren't easy for them either.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Oohhhhhh! Lovely! and very appropriate. We must learn too much from animals.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

How cute!!!! Love that photo!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Love the photo! Myra isn't much bigger than those pups and she's 4!:biggrin:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Landmark day today...I drove myself to PT, and I got my ROM to 96! It was not without pain, but I did it, and it was all good! Next week I will get into the 100's!
Also walked on the treadmill too for the first time too. With an incline I walked about 1/3 mile! Not what this marathoner is used too, but I'll take it!!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Hey---that is great news. THese little steps that you are taking now will eventually lead to much, much bigger ones down the road. You will eventually get back to running and enjoying your training and racing. It is frustrating at this time, but your little steps are wise and prudent and ale allowing you to move forward!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

This is a WONDERFUL milestone!!! Good for you.:yes 4:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, I just read this thread for the first time today...Condolences of course for the loss of your friend/pet. I am NOT looking forward to the day I lose my English Mastiff. We lost our Akita 2 years ago and that hole isn't ready to be filled still.

I had troubles getting where my home therapy friend said I should be, before getting passed on to outpatient therapy. With that, I felt I was getting behind. I hadn't found this site until this past week. My first week in outpatient therapy was murder. I did very well in therapy, and my PT refuses to accept any credit for it. My PT and I decided to do 2 days a week instead of 3 after the first 4 weeks. But I did all the home exercises he gave me. Everyone heals differently, but once you start getting ROM back, and making big gains, you always want more.

You are doing well. A positive attitude is the next best medicine after love and laughter.
 
Back
Top Bottom