Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Great to hear you progress. Dont know about ultram. I did try tramadol with no success and went back to hydrocodone
 
Bonnie, Great that you had such a wonderful time and that your knee held up just fine!

Re: the tramadol I did just fine with tramadol no problem sleeping. I did take it with tylenol most of the time, it sure put me to sleep, but of course we know we are all different.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
report, Bonnie!!!! I too am so happy that you had your revision---it has made a world of difference for you for the best. Your weekend and the pics are just wonderful. I can feel you joy from your posts.

Take care, keep us updated. You know how much we care.
 
Wonderful update, Bonnie. I'm so happy to see you enjoying yourself!!!
 
Another good week this week. After being on my feet for 4 days I went to Physical Therapy on Monday and yes, I did lose a little ROM to swelling only 101, but no pain. Back to Physical Therapy on Wednesday and I moved forward to where I had been the previous Thursday 109 ROM. More Physical Therapy today after lunch out with my handsome son and...ta da da da, I was 112 degrees!! The best yet in almost 2 years!! Then later on in the afternoon I went to work at my running store for just over 3 hours. They were in dire straights from someone calling in sick and college part timers at school, so I said I would come but only after Physical Therapy. It felt great to be a part of something again and to be needed. Life is good!!

Crazy, but we are having a winter storm warning in South Texas over night and through noon tomorrow. We are expecting ice and snow. Nothing compared to Northern standards, but VERY unusual for my area. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow, not even walking down the driveway to the mailbox. I don't want to be slipping and falling down. I hope my yard is covered in snow tomorrow so I can take pictures. Two days ago it's was 75 degrees!
 
So happy for yuu, Bonnie....and smart move to hunker in tomorrow. NO FALLS ALLOWED!!!
 
Great post Bonnie, and yes I won't even go out the door to get the paper. Just saw on click2houston freeways and belt ways are closed in many places. Going to stay in and pack for cruise.

I am so thrilled for you that your Rom is so good and your recovery is going so well. Take care,:snow dig:
 
Packing for your cruise sounds like a good idea Dorothy @turtle68 No going outside for me either. It was the funniest thing this morning watching my miniature dachshund Gracie try to walk/run across wet frozen grass. She kind of hopped from to side. Sure wish I could have gotten a video of that!
:snow dig: Not often we can use this smiley in South Texas!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
Why should we have all the fun? Just thought it was only fair to share some of our misery with you, Bonnie! :heehee:

Burrr Judy!!! It's too cold, you can have it all. It's making my knee stiff!
 
A little bummed out today that I could only get 110 degrees of bend today at Physical Therapy. Last week I was so happy to be at 112, but not today :doh:What happens, where does it go? I did not do anything crazy over the weekend, guess all I can do is hope that next time is better.

I was going to go back to work tomorrow, just working 10am till 3pm, but for the 2nd time in less than a week we are under a winter storm warning. We are not prepared for that here. So if the roads are covered in ice Tuesday and Wednesday I guess I won't be returning to work. I'm not having any pain to speak of, just stiffness. My shin has finally eased up on me too. Eight weeks post op today, guess that bone is healing with that long stem down the tibia. I don't have to take pain pills at all anymore.

Having a revision was GREAT!!!
 
Its great to here you are still plugging away. We are pulling for you to have a successful recovery. Dont get too down on your ROM. It will happen. Your determination is inspiring to me! The weather here in the SF bay area has been record setting with heat, however much needed rain is coming. We have been in a serious drought for years. It was nice to hear your update , just know you have people wishing you nothing but success in your recovery. !
 
Hi Bonnie, great news from you. As for 2 degrees of ROM, its nothing. I took 6 months to get to 110 and would have been over the moon to have that at 2 months when I was just 92.
 
Bonnie,
Two degrees is with in the margin of error, your knee probably did not change. The position of the goinometer, may have been slightly different.
Stay off the ice and stay safe, crazy weather, we have a drought, neither sounds good to me.
 
It just takes time. If the pain is pretty much gone the swelling which can inhibit ROM will be next although swelling in my case took quite a while. Everyone is different but in my case I liked rotating on the pedals because I could do it for quite a while and it seemed like it was increasing my flexion very very gradually without causing swelling.

I know in your case it is just a matter of time so stay positive and keep us all posted.


PS On the West coast we are in a drought breaking records for temperature and no rain although there is a rumor we might see a little moisture tomorrow and or Thursday.
 
A little bummed out today that I could only get 110 degrees of

Bonnie, exactly why my PT never measured everytime, he would measure every couple weeks or so and that way I never experienced the above. rom can go up & down, the end result is what counts.
You are doing great, just stay positive.
 
First day back to work today, it was somewhat slow since the weather was bad, I was able to sit down a lot with my leg up. It was all good...no pain, no extra swelling, I was happy to be back.

Freezing rain and sleet today, stayed at or near freezing 32d Fh all day, but later this week we will be at 75 again :-) I found a funny postcard that sums up Houston perfectly...see below.
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
I was looking forward to having a good week of climbing ROM after getting to 112 a week ago. But this week has been the down week, 110 and 107 :hairpulling:. So today I am at Physical Therapy and we are not even taking a measurement, my knee was tight and my PT didn't want to force anything so mainly I was just doing some strengthening. I am doing something called assisted backward lunges. Holding these two straps and stepping back first with my TKR leg and bending my left leg at the knee. I was doing 10 backward lunges on each leg X 3. It didn't hurt at all, it actually gave me a good stretch in my quad which as many of you probably know is hard to stretch after a TKR. Each time I would step back with my RTKR leg I'd feel the stretch almost as if something was pinching me. By the time I got to the end if the 3rd set, there was a POP! It felt weird and startled me more than anything. I dropped that straps and stepped away to go over to the wall, I didn't know if I was ok or not...I stood there for a few seconds, then put full weight on my leg, then walked. I was fine...no pain but my knee felt more flexible. I had popped some scar tissue!!! So despite me not being happy about my ROM, I came home happy today, because after that pop, it was a big relief...it felt better :happydance:. So now I am going to do my very best to keep stretching this quad. My PT said to rest, ice and elevate all weekend so I can have a good week next week, and you can bet I will.

Btw, I'm not sure what cruise ship that Dorothy @turtle68 is on, but another cruise ship full of sick people are headed back into Galveston cutting the cruise short. I hope Dorothy is not on that ship!!
 
:spin:The good news continues and this revision just continues to amaze me me. I worked 4 days in a row this week, anywhere from 5 1/4 hours to 6 hours per day. Up and down on my feet, sitting some, stooping, climbing a two step, step stool when needed. I just felt good! It feels so good to walk normal again, no pain no limp. Since I was wearing jeans that covered my scar no one would ever have guessed that I was just 8 weeks post op.

I did meet two TKR patients at the store during the week. A man with a full replacement who was 12 weeks post op with ROM of 110, so that made me feel good about my 110 at 8 weeks. Then a woman with a PKR that was six years old. I really connect with these people, we share stories and they feel that they are truly getting the help that they need knowing that I understand their needs with a TKR. Most customers I've had are amazed that I am doing what I am doing so well at 8 weeks. We have another employee who will have a TKR this coming Wednesday and I've been talking with him a lot about how to handle his recovery...:thumb: of course it's the BoneSmart mantra.

So once again you people who are reading this...if you have a TKR that hurts for too long, you feel something is not right, you never seem to completely recover, then please go get a second opinion from a revisionist. I was so scared to have a revision, but it was the best thing that I ever did for myself. The same goes for those of you considering a TKR for the first time, don't continue down the road of pain. Take the jump...it will be worth it all
:happydance:

Of course I am not there yet, Physical Therapy continues to achieve more ROM, but incredibly I am totally pain free already!! :egypdance:
 
Back
Top Bottom