Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

@Campervan Thank you Margaret, that's good to know. My recovery with this revision is so different than my first TKR, different in that it is 100 times better! I am capable of doing things that I never could do at this stage of recovery before. Like I almost peddled that bike today, 5 weeks 5 days post op. It took me 8 weeks the first time. I did raise my seat up but it can go higher, I was just experimenting with it, and then decided I had pushed it enough. I didn't want to swell up. My PT told me to walk during that scar tissue recovery, but I got no where as you know. He has not mentioned yet that I start walking, but I know that I can because Josephine told me I could! Got to listen to our Mother Hen!!
 
I'm going to try to get in to see him before the cruise. Maybe a cortison shot will help, /the medtrol pack helped only for as long as I took it . We;ll see really looking forward to it. If I don't see him before I will see him after for my one year check up,hopefully with no discssion of revision. it'll be what it is,\\
 
I would think that at the very least, knee surgery would get your out of poop patrol for the pups! ;-) Glad you were able to walk well in the yard! I look into my backyard and wonder how much I'll have to do when I'm able to '4 wheel it' around the grass and clean up after my 3. I hope you enjoy(ed) your walk around the neighborhood!! Congrats on the bike too! You're right, when you least expect it, those pedals will make a full rotation and that will be an awesome day! Can't figure out why going backwards is so much easier than forward though ....
 
I would think that at the very least, knee surgery would get your out of poop patrol for the pups! ;-) Glad you were able to walk well in the yard!

Lol, I have been away from poop patrol for some time now. My husband has been doing everything. I got breakfast in bed again this morning while icing. It was just such a pretty day (today too), the dogs asked to go out so I went out with them. I thought I bet I can do this...I didn't mind at all because it was normal again? I had a very hard time on grass before my revision.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie, just checking in on you. It's another beautiful day in Houston. You made me hungry for Pizza. Which is your favorite pizza place in town? We love Luigi's on Alameda. Just curious. The walk sounds really good. We've been working intensely on the house, so we can relax and go about life without boxes, et. Surely that must count for PT. Have a great day!!! Glad you're getting out.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
@turtle68 We have been going to Antonio's Flying Pizza since 1975. It's on Hillcroft between Westheimer and Richmond. Family owned all this time, Antonio is there each and every day. His daughters have worked there for years too. We've watched them grow up. I highly recommend it.
 
:bicycle1:
DA DA DA DA!!!! @Josephine @Jamie @patbike @turtle68 @Campervan
I just peddled my bike :yahoo: Frontwards, backwards, and standing up!!! 5 weeks 6 days post op. Original knee replacement, it took me 8 weeks:yay: I'm happy, happy, happy!! :yes!: I actually peddled frontwards before I went backwards. I rocked back and forth for a bit, and noticed that maybe I could go forward, so I stood up and tried peddling forward and I did it. So I sat back down and carefully tried it again. I ended up peddling till I was a bit winded :happydance:I got off and got a big ice pack and elevated my leg as a precaution.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I remember the first actual bike rotation well. I had my bike set up on a trainer at home.
I'm sure you will proceed with caution and building up slowly with the ice and elevation for a while..
But again Yeaaa!!
 
Yes, @patbike I have my bike set up on a trainer in the house. I'd never attempt outside yet. Like I said, when I was done, I iced and elevated. All of this rest, elevation and ice has gotten me there...I'm not going to blow it now.
 
Yay! Well done! :happydance::yay::spin::dancy:

As patbike said, be careful not to get carried away with your new achievement.
 
Yay! Well done! :happydance::yay::spin::dancy:

As patbike said, be careful not to get carried away with your new achievement.

I promise! I want to do it at Physical Therapy tomorrow so I'm being good till then!
 
Okay...write this date into the BoneSmart History Books!!! Hooray for you, Bonnie!!! I'm so glad you're effort at taking it easy has given you improvement. Now don't get crazy......
 
Theses are knee pads that work well should you want to get some. I wore them while riding for the first 5 or 6 months. They are very light weight and you don't even notice that they are there. They have a very good cushion should you somehow wind up on a knee.
They are made by G-Form in black or yellow. :-)
 
I just peddled my bike :yahoo: Frontwards, backwards, and standing up!!! 5 weeks 6 days post op.
:happydance:Way to go! Good idea to ice as a precaution. Here's to progress!:cheers:
 
:yay::spin:, but as others have said, keep up the slow but sure progress.
I am so happy that your revision is going so well, and you are on you way to a pain free active life.
 
Physical Therapy today...my peddling didn't do me any harm yesterday. Like I said I iced and elevated when I was done. My PT did not have me get on the bike, just did short arc, heel glides, wall slides, leg lifts and step ups. My ROM was 108 today, the best it's been measured since surgery. 6 weeks post op today. I'm not going to get crazy and push the bike, I'd like to have more ROM first so I can lower the seat, but at least I know now that I can do it.
 
6 weeks today...pretty nice battle scar!
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
It just keeps getting better...went to Physical Therapy today I was not expecting much because I felt like my knee was a little stiff. I was doing heel slides sitting up, then after a bit heel slides on the wall. PT measured my ROM to 109! Higher than it's been in over a year. I wanted to keep going...if I got 109 then I want 110. My PT is the slow and steady type. He said no, you can get to 110 or higher next week. He does not believe in forcing anything...I am very lucky to have him after some of the PT horror stories I've read on Bonesmart. I've been working with him since my first surgery in 2010. 6 weeks 2 days post op today. :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom