Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Bonnie,

Thought I would send you a picture of one of my "chair potatoes!" :rotfl:
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
How sweet Sonja, RestAssured, I have a chair potato next to me right now!
I am sure going to miss her for the few days I will be gone next week! [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
Bonnie,

I know what is probably going through your mind right now. Will this fix the problem? Will I live a life of quality again? When am I going to get back to a sense of the "normal" I was looking for when I started this journey?

Well, I know that a revision is not easy. You have been through revision surgery already, and here you are again! Well Bonnie, it is time to let you in on how my kneecap has stayed in place and is now "rock solid" in the groove!

First, let me pray for you,

Dear Lord, Bonnie your precious daughter is having surgery yet again by a human OS who like all of us has skills that you have bestowed upon him. We ask that you be in the operating room guiding his every thought and move regarding Bonnie's knee, and that she comes through this stronger, excited, and ready to tackle any obstacle! Lord, you said when two or more are gathered in your name it shall be done! Thank you Lord, for giving me a friend like Bonnie and watch and protect her and her family! :angel:
 
Oh my goodness Sonja RestAssured, that what you just wrote for me is the nicest thing anyone has done for me! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words and friendship.

Yes, I am getting a little nervous. Just been trying to take care of things today. Laundry, cleaning the house, paying all the bills ahead of time, grocery shopping and getting my two out of town packages for Christmas ready to mail tomorrow. I've wrapped all the presents that I am giving that are underneath the tree now. I am sure I am forgetting something...

I have this on my front porch as of today, my Dachshund Christmas decoration!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 208
I know that a revision will hurt like a TKR, but does it hurt more than a TKR? Anyone who has had one. Is it any harder to recover? I know my scar is going to be cut much longer. Just wondered if progression will be about the same, (considering everything goes well).
 
Bonnie, the revision should not be any worse than a TKR and it may even be better because there should be less done to the bones. I'll be saying prayers for you tomorrow and hope that you can come home soon and let us know you're doing great. (((HUGS))) to you, hon!!!
 
Bonnie,

My revision was going so well I thought by a week and a half the wraps for my shower were more interesting than the walker I was supposed to be using! LOL. Follow doctor's orders and you will be fine! :happydance:
 
@RestAssSonya, you are like the chaplain of this forum!

Bonnie, thinking of you. Look at revision this way . . . practice makes perfect!!
 
I am thinking that several weeks from now I will being saying..."and this it what it was supposed to be all along?" "You mean I put up with all this dysfunction and pain all this time?" I am looking so forward to seeing what 'the other side' is really like!
 
By the way Bonnie,

Dr. Maale went through the same scar, tightened it up and people cannot believe that three surgeries have taken place on one knee just by looking at the scar. Hang in there, have faith, and we will be here praying and cheering for you! :happydance: [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
I am feeling nervous today, don't quite know what to do with myself. My daughter and I will go get a pedi later since they said Polish was ok. I'm going to do something fun like polka dots!

RestAssured, I believe he will go through my same scar but it will be longer this time, a couple inches above my knee cap they showed me. At the end of the day I am not the least bit worried about the scar as long as I have a functional pain free knee!
 
It's Monday already here and today is your day, Bonnie.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping that all goes well.

I was nervous before my revision but the recovery seemed to be, if anything, a little easier than the first operation. Maybe it's that we have more experience in handling the recovery?

Anyway, best wishes for today!

Caryl
 
I was nervous, that is normal! We are going to have a big party when the revision is so successful the pain comes to an end and you are laughing again. I know you aren't worried about the scar, I wear shorts most of the time, and people ask me questions.

Well you know w my shy side that makes it hard to answer them, but I try....TO STOP TALKING! Lol :rotfl:
 
Well we live in Texas you and I so we have to wear shorts most of the year. That is how I've met other TKR people because we see each other's scar. Then the talking really begins!
 
Yes, I suppose when I head to Jamie neck of the woods in December, I might ought to take some warmer stuff! People wouldn't be talking about my knees; they would wonder which mental hospital I had escaped! :rotfl:
 
It's Monday already here and today is your day, Bonnie.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping that all goes well.

I was nervous before my revision but the recovery seemed to be, if anything, a little easier than the first operation. Maybe it's that we have more experience in handling the recovery?

Anyway, best wishes for today!


Caryl

You are 19 hours ahead of TX! I know this because my BIL and Sister said they would be 12 hours ahead, so I went to my trusty world clock to explain it to them! :heehee:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom