Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Thanks, Orthodoc.......I learned something new too!!! The term "increased constraint" was new to me.
 
Orthodoc,

Thank you for telling people about this! Constrained has an ominous tone; I thought it might mean limited range of motion. Glad to get an explanation for future revision TKR people! :)

And of course for Bonnie!
 
Orthodoc Thank you so much for your reply. That does make sense to me now. So nice having our own ortho on here, to explain things the way that I can understand. One week from tomorrow is my day. Still using the hand gel everywhere I go! Can't get sick!!
 
Scar tissue, and the third, with a different surgeon, to do a complete revision, removing a piece of the device. Throughout this ordeal, I was diligent with my p.t. and exercises. Now after two years, I continue to experience significant knee pain, curtailing my daily activities. The last surgeon assures me that the device is properly placed and their is no infection and that I should be patient. The last revision was six months ago and I must admit to some anxiet that this May never leave me.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart® jm.sullivan@ gmx.com
 
Scar tissue, and the third, with a different surgeon, to do a complete revision, removing a piece of the device. Throughout this ordeal, I was diligent with my p.t. and exercises. The last revision was six months ago and I must admit to some anxiet that this May never leave me.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart® jm.sullivan@ gmx.com

Hello! I had my revision May 7th of 2012. My knee is getting back to full function (finally) and my quality of living has exceeded my expectations! I just finished the "Biggest Loser", and I have enrolled in holiday "Boot Camp"! Plus I will continue to train with Abby, finish PT at the new place; life has taken on new meaning! I love physical challenges again. :happydance:

Set a goal for yourself. Is it to be able to walk normally w/out pain, is it to bike miles and miles; dig down deep and think about what drives you.

Also, see your revisionist if you feel something is wrong again. We pay them big bucks to "make it right" after all! :whistle:
 
irishknee I see this is your first post. Would you like to start your own thread? I'm a member of the Scar Tissue Club as well. When people use terms like "diligent" before the term "PT," I'm guessing there was pain involved. So this can actually make the scar tissue thing worse!! At six months out, your best bet to gain range of motion might just be to stop pushing your knee and instead "allow" it to gain range of motion via its innate healing mechanism. This isn't as whacky as it sounds. I gained 20 degrees by leaving my knee alone.

RunA42K I can tell from your photos that you are super healthy. It's one of those ironies of life when someone who is dedicated to health runs into a thorny health issue (I often think of Linda McCartney dying of cancer). I'm with RestAssured in trusting that this next surgery gets you where you want to be.
 
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating today!

Dave not wanting me to be on my feet all day...we took the kids and their significant others out to a very nice dinner. We're home now and NO mess to clean up!

I have 3 more days, then I am off to the hospital for my revision. The doctor's office called me yesterday and told me I have to check in at 5:30 a.m. on Monday morning. I'll be the first surgery of the day for my doctor at 7:15 a.m. I'll have to get up about 3 am to get ready to go, showering with that stuff and all, but I guess I will get to sleep :zzz: a lot of the day too, I hope. Being first means I don't have to sit around for hours not eating and drinking :dancy:

Now the bad part...my throat has been feeling weird since early evening yesterday. I am paranoid about not coming down with a cold. I am hoping that it just some kind of allergen in the air that is bothering me. I've been using all the home remedies, tea with honey, shots of apple cider vinegar and lots of water. Still using the hand gel. Any other suggestions?

maryo52 Sometimes I wonder why a couch potato didn't get my knee instead of me! Yes I am believing that it will be better this time!!
 
Nothing beats salt water gargle. 1/2 tsp salt in a cup of water, gargle every couple of hours.

I wonder if I have another knee surgery ever (I hope not!) whether I will muster as much excitement. Good plan, though, first case of the week.
 
RestAssured, I guess what I meant Sonja was why a couch potato should had gotten my knee instead, is that I am active, love to workout and be outside. Some people don't like getting sweaty and are perfectly content to just sit, but not me! I am just the opposite.
 
Because it's going to be that much sweeter when you are finally able to get back to it, Bonnie! I'll be saying prayers for you. You know you're going to have all your BoneSmartie friends with you on the big day (in spirit) reminding your surgeon that he better be on his best game!
 
Bonnie,

I knew what you meant, but I am back in the game now and having a blast! I know that some people are content to receive their knee replacements, and sit around. I'm not one of them! :happydance:
 
Jamie, RestAssured Thank you so much Jamie! You know I will be thinking about all of you, I hope you'll be thinking of me, then I won't feel so alone. 7:15 a.m. Central time.

And Sonja I know that you are not one to sit around! You've certainly found the new you that was already there inside of you. You are blooming and getting stronger everyday! Did I ever tell you that one of my most favorite shows is the biggest loser. I love watching those people change their lives. I've never been there, with the weight I mean, but I feel so happy inside when I watch those people and YOU too succeed!
 
Thanks Bonnie!

I have quite a support staff behind me cheering me on; my hubby, my family, Abby and Felice, and Soli, my Boot Camp instructor. Then Sylvia, my new PT, my Emmaus sisters, numerous friends in person and on BoneSmart! With all that support, how could I do anything less than my best?! :happydance:

I will be praying for you, and I will be with you all the way to the finish line, where we can both truly say, "We don't sit on the sidelines anymore, we are back in the game!" :yahoo:
 
Bonnie, With your great attitude and strenth, I know you will be fine. I think about you everday, you were such a big help to me when I was having such a tough time, and I know your doctor is the best. And you're right about the couch potato part. I've loved working hard unpacking, getting settled, but have to keep in mind the BS mantra - slow and steady, and know that you will be doing the same. And no stairs to climb up and down at home.

My thoughts and good wises are with you.

Dorothy

Dorothy
 
Best wishes for your surgery on Monday, Bonnie! Hoping that this time is the charm! :flwrysmile:

I hope it all goes well. I'll look forward to hearing how it went when you're able to post again.

Caryl
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom