Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Bonnie, I also was nervous before surgery, but had full confidence in my OS and was ready to get rid of the persistant pain. Recovery was about the same as my other tkrs, he cut thru the old scar pulled it in tight, no staples just glue, and today it looks exactly like my Ltkr scar. The only differnce I noticed was I did have some shin pain the first two or three weeks because of the long stem down my tibia. The long stem from the femoral compnent did not bother me at all. Took it easy for the first 3 weeks , onle heel slides and gentle stretches but walking around house every few hours, started PT during the 4th week and did just fine, with almost no swelling or pain.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the best!
 
You are 19 hours ahead of TX! I know this because my BIL and Sister said they would be 12 hours ahead, so I went to my trusty world clock to explain it to them! :heehee:

"First in the world to see the sun!" That's what the people on our east coast say. Good to know we lead the world in something! LOL
 
Well I am here at the hospital. Just checked into admissions and just waiting to be taken back to get prepared for surgery. I can't believe I am doing this again...I thought this just happened to other people.

I'll feel good in knowing that I have my BoneSmarties out there waiting for me on the other side...again xo
 
Good luck today Bonnie! Here's hoping for skillful hand s for your surgical team and great pain control for you.

Will be looking forward to your updates!

All the best,

Dawn
 
Looking forward to hearing from you on the other sde "again". Sweet dreams.

Dorothy
 
I am done,I got a new knee a Stryker Revision system, Triathlon TS .

So I need a new icon on my thread with REVISION instead of TKR. The spinal has kept me out of pain so I am doing pretty good right now. When it wears off...then we will see. More later.
 
Glad it's all over! Thank you for letting us know so quickly.

Now, rest well. Hugs!! ((((((((((Bonnie))))))))))
:flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

Caryl
 
Things are going much better this time than it was with my first knee replacement. They are very good at managing pain. My daughter was with me all day. My BFF Tricia came by to see me. My husband was with me all morning then again in the last night and son Jake came over after work too. New knee under these bandages! See pic below. I am official now, my icon needs to be "Revision"


Today: I took my first walk down the hallway with the walker. I did good. When they were going to get me up from the bed they told me to see if I could gradually move my legs to the side of the bed. I sat up, raised up my legs and with my upper body and leg strength I just swung my legs over the side of the bed. There was a student Physical Therapist observing and the actual Physical Therapist told her most people don't get out of bed this easy. When we were done walking the measured my ROM to 85 which they said was EXCELLENT for the day after surgery. They will come to my room again this afternoon and say that they will get me to 90 degrees today. When I left the hospital for my first knee replacement I was only at 52 degrees.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 247
My surgeon came in to see me and said he had reports of how well I am doing. He said the pain I am having now is the worst that it's going to get, which is very tolerable with 2 Norco every 4 hours. He said about 3 weeks and I'd be feeling great. Think I can finally say, so this is how it is supposed to be! They are going to release me tomorrow.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
Bonnie! Everything is sounding very, very good at this point. Just take it easy, go slowly with activity and exercise, and follow those mantras to the letter.


I have changed your title prefix to Revision for you.

Take care, keep us posted, we care.

RunA42K
 
Wonderful Bonnie, so happy its going good for you so far. Please just go slowly, don't overdue it with PT so you can keep that swelling from starting. I remember how great it felt to have a new start. Take care, will be thinking of you.
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well, and will be going home tomorrow :happydance:.
Follow the mantra and you will do great.
 
Congrats Bonnie! Great news and wonderful to know you will be home soon.

Do take it easy and try not to push too hard, too fast. Gentle, easy, lots of ice and good books, that's my recommendation!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Congratulations Bonnie, I am glad to hear that things are going well. Both my tkrs were like yours--I had to crawl over a stupid CPM machine to go to the bathroom. Finally, the nurse removed it!!
 
skigirl, thank goodness I have not had to crawl over a CPM. My new doctor is one that is NOT sold on the CPM, I won't be getting one, they didn't help me with my last two surgeries, if they had I would not be lying here today all bandaged up with a revision.. I am definitely on a new plan with Dr. Incavo so I am ready to start a new different journey and look forward to a new end result!
 
Got the big bandage off just a bit ago. The doctor with his two associates who were in surgery assisting him came He is letting me gone home today. But before I leave the hospital will get me all set up on home Physical Therapy. The doc said 3 times a week for 3 weeks. I will not see my staples until one week from today but here is a pic of the staples under my waterproof bandage which will allow me to take a shower.

Physical Therapy was just here in my room, I practiced on the one step I'll have to do at home. After heel slides, ankle pumps, quad they sets and short arc, they measured my ROM at 90. They were very pleased.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 235

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom