Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Wonderful news, happy for you, and Dave, and your Daughter too!!
Enjoy staying home all day and having your family together.
:yay:
 
Bonnie,

What wonderful news that Dave will be coming home this week. I having been praying for that for you for a long time and it sure is nice to finally see it in print. Congrats to your daughter also on getting her life back on line now.
 
I'm happy to hear this latest great news, Bonnie. My gosh this has been a long road for you. It's amazing what we can accomplish sometimes. You have been amazing in every sense of the word!

I hope you are able to schedule even more "me" time. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure you're going to sleep better at night just knowing Dave is home and your daughter is on her road to a new life. What a relief!!
 
I am very happy to read of the great report! Not only are your daughter's issues notw in the past, but also your husband is on his way home! I am happy that a sense of normalcy is going to settle in on you and your family---you all have been through so much!

Congratulations!
 
Friday is the day...April 13th!

Thank you so much everyone for all of your well wishes. We got the date today...Dave will be released from his rehab hospital at 2 pm on Friday the 13th!. Yes, I am a fan of the number 13 and when it is on a Friday! But that is another story...

I go to participate in his PT on Thursday afternoon so they can show me the proper way that he is supposed to do things, and also where to stand incase he starts to lose his balance or how to catch a fall. I hope none of this happens, but I think I will be prepared, I am pretty strong...did I tell you that I can bench press 50 pounds?!?!

We will go straight to a doctor appt after we leave the hospital then a haircut at 5pm. No haircut for two months, he is getting shaggy and we also discovered that as his hair grows out it is curly on the sides! Ha!! We never knew that...

I know I will have my work cut out for me but at least we will be here at home together.
 
Bonnie, glad to see that things are looking up for you. I am almost over my post ski season depression---it helped that I got my bike out today. I rode 10 miles and was so surprised that it seemed easier than last summer---maybe 100 days of skiing made my legs stronger. I do know that there are some different muscles at play here.

The summer for me is about biking and golf--and art fairs. I am going to three art fairs this summer to sell my quilts. Busy, busy!! Kelly
 

The summer for me is about biking and golf--and art fairs. I am going to three art fairs this summer to sell my quilts. Busy, busy!! Kelly

Sounds wonderful to me! Since I used to live in your area I know how beautiful the summers are so you enjoy every bit of it!
 
Hi Bonnie
I am catching up with you (I have been out of the loop for a week) and I'm so pleased things are looking brighter for you and Dave. I imagine you are having a quiet weekend adjusting to having your man back at home - enjoy it and good wishes to you both :thumb:
 
Hi everyone, I have been very busy since Friday afternoon bring the nurse, the PT, the cook, the housekeeper, and chauffeur! Dave was released Friday afternoon. We went straight to a doctor appt., (he still has a catheter) then went for a much needed hair cut.

Dave's company had dinner arranged for our family that night and yesterday a good friend that I met in PT brought dinner for our family.

I am sitting now waiting while he has out patient PT. this will be my life for a while. More doctors appts., and PT on Wednesday to come.

My daughter is staying at her own house now and took her 3 dogs so Dave would not be tripping over them. She is still gradually moving things out of our house and into her's, she was with us 7 months. My son is still with us, because he wants to be there to help his Dad if he needs it.

I had PT on Thursday the 12th and measured in at 128 ROM so I am improving. I am going again this afternoon while my son will be home with his Dad. Everything is finally coming together.

During our down time at home I plan on getting back on my computer and reading and responding to all of your threads!

Have a wonderful pain free day everyone!
 
:wubroses: Bonnie, I was thinking of you over the week-end and knew it would be a busy one with Dave coming home at last:loveshower:! And, yes, you will be a very busy girl--but having him home and not having to be in and out of a hospital has to be such a relief. I don't know of any place that tires you out like a hospital. :swoon:

So nice that folks fixed meals for you. Food someone else fixes is always sooooo good!

That flexion number is :yes 4:! Please take care of yourself. Will be looking for your posts. We care.
 
I got my ROM to 130 in PT yesterday! Made me real happy, although it was not without a good bit of work. I am still 7 degrees shy of my record of 137...I will keep working hard!

Feeling exhausted being 'everything' around here now at home. I just tell myself that it is temporary! I drove Dave to the park where I run, the path is marked every 1/4 mile. With cane in hand, Dave walked to the 1/4 mile marker, then sat on a park bench and rested a bit then walked back to make 1/2 mile. He gets discouraged because he is not further along, but he didn't get to see how sick he was or he'd give himself a break!
 
Hi Bonnie
I bet you are worn out physically and emotionally with all you have been through and are still going through. I bet the run helps :thumb: Tell Dave he is doing brilliantly with 1/2 mile already - amazing! Have a good day.
 
Jo, I honesty feel like I am on a roller coaster and I want to get off! I don't think that life will be normal until Dave can #1. go up and down stairs by himself, #2. get in and out of the shower by himself, #3. walk without a cane, #4. drive the car. Until that time I serve double duty! Today I drove him to PT and waited while he did that. A quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple of items, then home for less then an hour and back out again for two doctor appointments. Things are definitely looking up, but I am looking to May... sometime to get things back to somewhat normal, in the meantime, yes, I am exhausted!

Thank you for always caring! xo
 
Be careful with all that twising getting in and out of cars. You are a strong lady! Hang in there! Hugs, Ann
 
Back
Top Bottom