Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Hi everybody! Things are getting better everyday. I think you will be seeing me starting to read and post on here more now. Yes, Dave is still in the rehab hospital but he is doing so much better. He can actually stand up by himself now. He uses a walker and and gradually starting with the cane. I still go to the hospital everyday and spend time with him. I am going to my own physical therapy again 3 days a week now. On Thursday I got my ROM to 128, the first measurement of the day was 113, but we worked and stretched and did different exercises and I ended up with the 128 for the day. Not where I was before Dave got sick, but with more work I can get there again. I also plan on going for a little run tomorrow morning too!

Finally Monday morning, my daughter's divorce will be final. That will take a lot of stress off of this family. The two grown kids will be moving back out during the month of April and along with them 4 of the 6 dogs here! I love my kids and love being able to have them here, but with Dave coming home in April sometime it will be easier with 4 less dogs for him to trip over.

So I hope that all of you will have a Happy Easter with those that you love. The kids and I will get some take out food and eat Easter Dinner in Dave's hospital room. After all that we've gone through, all that matters is that we still have each other.

Oh yeah, and I have gone to work 4 afternoons now. just working 3 till 7 on Wednesday and Friday, but it is a start and I will add more days and hours as Dave needs less care from me. Slowly life is getting back to normal again. Please don't give up on me...I am on my way back!
 
Bonnie, you have been on my mind lately, so I'm really glad you posted an update. I'm so glad it was positive and that things are starting to return to normal for you and your family.

All the best to you for a wonderful Easter weekend. You deserve a little time to put your feet up and just chill.
 
Bonnie, you have been on my mind lately, so I'm really glad you posted an update. I'm so glad it was positive and that things are starting to return to normal for you and your family.

All the best to you for a wonderful Easter weekend. You deserve a little time to put your feet up and just chill.

Jamie, I have been thinking of you too! When I heard that there was a Mega Million winner in Kansas, you were the first person that I thought of!
 
Absolutely the very best news, Bonnie. Normal is truly GRRRRRRRREAT! Looking forward to hearing that Dave is home at last. Take care, keep posting. We care. Judy
 
Hi Bonnie, thats great news for you both that Dave is almost home and you're like is getting somewhat back to normal. You have had a rough time and now you deserve all the good luck in the world. Enjoy Easter. God bless
 
Great update Bonnie! Enjoy your Easter dinner with Dave. So glad things are starting to move forward!
 
Jamie, I have been thinking of you too! When I heard that there was a Mega Million winner in Kansas, you were the first person that I thought of!

And wouldn't you know that the one time they had a Kansas winner, we were at our lake house in MISSOURI!!!! My hubby did go buy some tickets....he couldn't resist....but they were such losers!!! I got over lotteries many, many years ago. It will be fun to see the people that did win, though. There are always some interesting stories to go along with the winners. Like the McDonalds employee who claims to have the winning ticket hidden somewhere in the Mickey D's where she works. Yeah....right.
 
Hi Bonnie;
I'm thrilled that things are coming along for you and your family.
Have a great holiday, and enjoy your run!!!
Sandy
 
I did do my run this morning...4 miles! I'd run a mile, then walk a little bit, then run again, then walk again and so on until I completed 4 miles. I am running in the Newton running shoes that I talked about before which helps keep me on the forefoot, they are said to take 40% of the stress off of the knee joint. Anyway, I was so happy to be back running in my local park again that I just smiled and said hello to everyone!

We picked out a restaurant to order take out dinner from for Easter, "Texas Road House" close to the hospital, so I will pick up the dinner and our family can have Easter dinner together in a nice day room that they have in the hospital for patients and their families. This is a real Easter blessing that we still have our family!

Happy Easter everyone! xo
 
Have a wonderful Easter with your family, Bonnie. It is sort of a resurrection for you and your family in terms of getting back to normal again.

Take care, keep us posted. We care. Judy
 
Bonnie hope everything continues to go positive for you and your family. Enjoy this beautiful time of year too. Hugs, Ann
 
Good news today! My daughter is finally free, her divorce was final today, she got her house back on Easter. Today I had all the locks changed. She will gradually start moving out of my house and back into her house which is good timing with her 3 dogs because as of today it looks like Dave can come home on Friday!! We don't need him tripping over dogs. He is doing better and better each day and is now using a cane more than the walker.

I did PT today and worked a lot on strengthening quads, calves, hamstrings and core. A little more work to come tomorrow then we will take another measurement! Once Dave is home I can ride my bike around the neighborhood and get more help that way with ROM. As it is now I have driven everyday to the hospital since Feb. 12th. I am really exhausted and look forward to just one day being able to stay home all day!
 
:hapydancsmil::egypt-dance::loveshower: Oh, Bonnie, how wonderful---Dave is coming home!!!!!! and your daughter can now get on with her life, bless her heart. I know this has been really hard on you and all of your family. But God is good and life is worth the living.

:cheers_wine:Here's to all the good times ahead for you. Judy
 
Back
Top Bottom