Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

RunA42K, Glad things are better. Its so ruff when you are so worry that you can't do what you know you need to do for yourself. Please remember you must take care of yourself. Have been in your shoes and you will get thru it. When we have things like this happen we surprise ourselves with the strenth we didn't know we had. Please be careful with the driving. I do know you are tired and some times driving isn't good. What i did is I found a safe place near the hospital and allowed myself to check into a Motel or Hotel instead driving. I also had pets and I had friends that would take care of them when I was too tired to drive home. I know they are helping you too but do be careful because you are very important and this family wants you to take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Bonnie
It has made my morning reading your post, I am so pleased there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Enjoy your day with Dave and the dogs :thumb:
 

I am not a year post op yet, but I have lost so much ROM and find myself walking with a bent knee. Back to difficulty going down stairs and putting on my socks and shoes. Dog visit report coming up tomorrow. The entire ICU floor staff is excited too!

Bonnie, don't even think you're NOT giving back to the Smarties. Your personal testimony of your fortitude and hope in your darkest hour speaks volumes about you and your mental toughness. And with you being a gifted athlete who has returned to running early in your recovery gives us hope that we can do more than just exist with joint replacement.

You have voiced some concerns about your knee and I wonder if your change in ROM is due to muscle tension caused by stress. You've been so vigilant, sitting and sleeping in a chair for hours on end. :sleep: That's enough to wear anyone down to utter exhaustion, let alone a recovering TKA'er..

I am really looking forward to the pet therapy report. Are your doggies excited about their visit? They always seem to know when they are going to do something special and they diddle with excitement. What a blessing they will be to the staff! Happy dogs do so much to boost weary souls. When you are able to, can you post pics of your babies? :doggieshmooze: :doggieshmooze:
 
Bonnie,
I know I don't type much but I'm always thinking of you and am so happy to hear the great news of Dave's continued recovery. I think you are doing a wonderful job coping w/ it all and I'me sure your knee will respond to therapy when you have more time. Also, can't wait to hear about the visit w/ the dogs - i hope you and Dave have a very nice visit :)
xoxo,
Linda
 
Bonnie - please, please don't apologize for not giving back - you are an inspiration to all of us -and what makes this kind of forum work is that we can all feel free to share the good and the not so good times. :sigh::thumb:

Wonderful news that things are looking up ! Can't wait for your next report !!!:grouphug2:
 
Hugs Bonnie!
I'm so glad Dave had a good day.
find a way to stretch your hams/quads/calf throughout the day.
YOU will get your ROM back. don't stress about it.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Bonnie, hope the visit went as planned. I like what Niki said a out setting your alarm for stretches. If you went to the OS, he would tell you to go to PT. Che k with them to see if they have any ideas of what you can do while waiting, I just got one of those fold up peddlers from Amazon that helped with knee pain I was getting from the bicycle. Just an idea. Your brain has other things to think about right now.You have helped me to with your determination and fortitude in your journey!!! Take care!
 
Bonnie,
Hope all went well with the visit. Please do some stretching while you are waiting. All the best!
 
The doggie visit went great today. The volunteers at the hospital met us just as planned right on time at the right place. It was like a celebration on the ICU floor. Doctors, nurses, patients and visitors all over the hospital were smiling when they saw my dogs. My girls were so well behaved. I am going to upload some pics for you. Dave is doing well, but the visits did tire him out, afterwards PT came to work with him a bit while my daughter and I drove the dogs home. So in the pics, Lucy is the big one, black with white Border Collie and Gracie is the miniature Dachshund. The younger beautiful girl in the pics with Dave and the dogs and me is my daughter Lacy. Enjoy!! Thank you all for your wonderful support of me!!

well, I've tried twice to upload pictures to you but it is not happening. Must be something to do with the WiFi here in the hospital. I will try once I get home. I so wanted you all to see the pictures tonight, but guess it will have to wait till tomorrow. Just know that it went great!
 
Me too! What a joyous reunion that must have been. I know everyone's spirits were lifted. God bless our doggies!!!
 
I am so happy the visit was a success, I bet your doggies enjoyed seeing their Daddy - bless them :biggrin: Have a good Sunday Bonnie!
 
Hello friends, I owe you an update. All is well and getting better everyday. I am still in ICU with Dave but this will be his last day here and will move on to a regular room tomorrow. He does not even have any wires or tubes in him now! I am going to have a two hour break from ICU shortly and I am going to work on getting the dog visit pictures uploaded. Maybe I need to reduce the size first. I will get to work...

:thumb:
 
Back
Top Bottom