Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Hang in there, Bonnie!!! This is probably like any other recovery and there will be some downs as well as the ups on the roller coaster ride. It does sound like he hs receiving excellent care, though. That is so very important. You are both still in my prayers. Take care of yourself too....YOU are an important part of his healing process.
 
Bonnie, please let Dave know the support is GLOBAL.! You are both in my thoughts!
 
I hope all goes smoothly with the transfer and I'm sending you both my positive thoughts. Thinking of you Bonnie xxx
 
Hello wonderful friends...Dave took another step backwards and is now back on the ventilator in a drug induced sleep. He has not transferred to his new hospital yet, so here I wait still watching him sleep. 10 nights I have spent in the hospital now, what a roller coaster ride it has been, that is not close to being over soon.

A little history...when I was 15 I met Dave in high school. He was 17, my Mom and Dad would not allow me to go on a date with him till I was 16. He used to come over day after day, eat dinner and watch TV with me and my family. High school sweethearts we got married when I was 18 and he was 20 when he returned from the Vietnam war. We have two children, Lacy (32) and Jake (29). Last August we had our 41st wedding anniversary. I just don't know how to live my life without him. Please say another prayer for him. Xo
 
Bonnie, my heart aches for you. I know this is tough. But try to keep the positive thoughts going. While he is in this induced sleep, his body can devote all its energy toward fighting back. That's a good thing. God bless you for the strength you are maintaining. We're here if you ever need to talk....
 
Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him."​
​
 
I'm really sorry to hear about his temporary setback. :sigh: Perhaps his body is recovering from the big day that he had. I'm continuing to keep you close in thought and prayer and I thought about you this morning after I finished my short run. Sending a big cyber hug to you and a kiss from the furkids. ((((((Bonnie)))))))
 
The ups and downs of recovery. You and Dave are in our thoughts Bonnie!
 
Back
Top Bottom