Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Oh, Bonnie!!! I am so very happy to finally read the post from you that I've been waiting for!!! This is a wonderful day for sure.
 
The sun came out today! So did Dave...came back to hospital to find ventilator removed and he is awake and can talk to us. Extremely weak but so much better!

Oh Bonnie, that is just WONDERFUL news!! What an uplifting report! When powerful prayers come together, amazing things happen. Thank you Father for hearing the prayers of special people all around the world, for the gentle healing You have provided, and for the hope we have in You. May you continue to comfort and restore Bonnie as she maintains a steadfast vigil for her husband.
 
Very glad to hear that your Dave is stronger. I wish him a speedy recovery and you some peace of mind and freedom from worry.

And don't forget to eat, and try to sleep; you will need all your strength to support him as he gets better.
 
Bonnie,

I am so glad to hear of the improvement! God is great! I will continue the prayers but I am glad he is turning the corner!:biggrin:
 
Oh Bonnie I am so happy to get this update. All the best to you both! Take care!
 
Oh Bonny, I'm so sorry for your husband, hope is getting better day by day. Best regards.
 
So glad things are moving in the right direction. May the sun continue to shine on you and yours...:flowerysmile:
 
Good morning everyone! Just like we say on the forum, "a marathon, not a sprint", baby steps for sure. Yesterday was a was such an exciting day because he woke up for the first time in a week. He was very confused as I guess any of us would be after sleeping away a week of your life.

Over night he had to have meds to lower his blood pressure, where as most of last week he had meds to raise his blood pressure. When I left him at 6 am this morning to go home for a few hours he was doing pretty well. When I returned I noticed that is was somewhat distressed, and was told that he had been like that most of the morning. The night nurse told me last night that he does much better when his family is here. Since the ICU closes to visitors twice a day 6 till 8 a.m., and p.m., I cannot be here with him. I usually just go home and sleep for two or three hours, as I have spent the last 8 nights in the hospital here in his room, there is not much sleep to be had in a hospital as you all know. He had visits by 4 different doctors this morning before I made it back and physical therapy came and had him sit up along the side of his bed. They said it was quite a bit of activity for him, but now as I type he is resting peacefully, the stress that I saw when I came in seems to be gone now.

He is able to have jello, sprite, ice tea, broth, and Italian gelato, although he has no where begun to eat up any of this, he's had s few sips and still get food from his IV.

Thank you all for you continued thoughts and prayers! You people are the best! Please continue to pray as he is not out of the woods yet.

Take care everyone...xo :doggieshmooze:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
so glad to hear he is improving from this time last week - I pray it continues...

xoxoxo,
Linda
 
You are in my thoughts...keep thinking positive thoughts as all of us think of you.
 
Dave has been taking a few steps backwards since yesterday. White count going higher, fever returning, respiratory, BP, heart rate up, now a tube through the nose to keep stomach drained. Plans are under way now to transfer him by ambulance to the Texas Medical Center in the heart of Houston.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers, yesterday I told him all of the countries and places around the USA that you were all wishing him well from! xo
 
Back
Top Bottom