Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Thinking of you Bonnie --so great that your PT is also thinking about you . You must be one special Lady ! Hope you get some shut eye tonight. :sleep:
 
It is saturday afternoon now as I sit here in Dave's ICU room, he is holding his own with good vitals but is now on kidney dialasys. They told me yesterday after surgery that he would most likely get sicker the next couple of days so I am just waiting to get past Sunday. He can hear and understand when we talk to him while he is awake, he will give a thumbs up or squeeze our hand.

My kids and the ICU staff convinced me to go home last night and get some sleep. My son drove my car home and my daughter drove me as I kept dozing off on the ride home. Once in bed I slept 12 hours overnight. When we arrived back at the hospital this afternoon, I told him that I was sorry I had not come sooner that I slept 12 hours and he gave me a thumbs up! I will see how he is doing tonight before I make my decision on if I go home or stay in ICU again.

Thank you are all your prayers...he still needs them! Xo
 
Bonnie, Dave is such a sweetheart....worried about you even though he is ill. God bless him!!! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get that much rest. It will allow you to be more helpful there at the hospital. That watchful waiting can be so very draining!

It does sound positive so far, so I'm going with that thought. I look forward to hearing an update from you whenever you can post. Your BoneSmart family is holding hands around the globe to be sure that you are supported during this tough time.

[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
Bonnie, so glad you were able to get some sleep. It sounds like Dave is holding his own and hopefully he will turn the corner soon. Thoughts and prayer still coming your way. Hang in there.
 
Bonnie, I just finished reading your thread, don't know how I missed it. It is incredibly scary going through this isn't it. My first husband had a blood clot in his small intestine, lost almost all of it, pretty much a similar scenario as your husband because of all the "poison" from the infected colon, the kidneys and the liver can't keep, so the dialysis helps his body do that. It sounds like he was in good shape before this happened to him. How are the "kids" doing? You tend to run on auto pilot u til he is all better, then you crash. Lou was in ICU for 3 months, regular floor for 3 more months before he came home.I am keeping him in my prayers, as well as you and your family. Please hang in there!! Tell Dave you will rest when he is home!!
You have been such an inspiration to me through my journey!
Take care!!
 
Bonnie - so glad you got some rest and that Dave was pleased too ;)
xoxo,
Linda.
 
Things looking better. Going to give meds to see if his kidneys will start to make urine. They took away the dialysis machine. A little more up right in bed and more aware. He tried to write something on paper he wanted to tell us but we could not read the writing. Yes, i slept again about 9 hours.

I called the nurse from home this am telling her that he loved NASCAR and that the Daytona 500 started at 11 on Fox Sports! She said that is just what I needed to know, so she came and and told him your wife called and said you wanted to watch the race so she put it on his TV and he was quite pleased and watches it in and out of napping. He will get two units of blood today, that will make 4 total. I am donating tomorrow morning in his name.
 
Bonnie, what a blessing this post is to read today!!!! I know the challenges are probably not all over, but this is such progress.....I'm smiling BIG TIME!!!! Thanks so much for finding time to let us know how you and Dave are doing. Tell him we all love him and send hugs and even more prayers. We know he's doing well if he's in "NASCAR therapy."
 
Hi Bonnie, thats wonderful news, both that Dave is recovering and that you're getting some sleep. Prayers continue to come your way from New Zealand.
 
Dear Bonnie

I am thinking of you and your Dave. Positive thoughts and hugs being sent over the water to you both xxx
 
Thinking of you both. Try and get some rest, Bonnie, you must need it so badly, I know it's hard to leave Dave but you need to sleep to be strong for him.

Maybe the hospital have somewhere you could rest to save the drive home.
 
Back
Top Bottom