Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Any updates on your husband? :prayer1:

We are still in the holding pattern here at the original hospital. Still waiting for the transfer. Houston has a huge medical center which is very busy with patients come from all over the world. We are waiting for him to have a bed in ICU. Meanwhile he is still on the ventilator, but vitals have improved over yesterday and white blood count is going down. Running a fever right now though.

Thanks for much for asking...xo :doggieshmooze:
 
Good news! Dave has a room downtown in the medical center now and he will leave in about one hour. It will take an hour to get there and since visiting hours are just like here with the 2 hour break. Once he gets down there it will take a bit to get him settled so since they close at 6 pm till 8pm I guess I just drive down about 7 pm and stay the night. I'll get you a report from his new hospital. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers, now lets pray for safe travels as well!

Bonnie
The road ahead is as long as you make it, make it worth the trip!
 
I'm glad things worked out for the transfer, Bonnie. I'll look forward to your next update. Hope you can get some rest yourself this eveniing.
 
Most stressful scary day ever getting him into that ambulance for the 35 mile trip across the city yesterday. Now today as I type this now Dave is in emergency surgery! They are looking at removing part of his intestine. Kidneys are going bad...prayers needed.
Thank you everyone!
 
Oh, Sweetie.....my heart is with you today. I cannot even imagine how difficult all this must be for you. But we're with you in spirit and prayer.
 
Please update us when you can - we are here for you,
xoxoxo,
Linda.
 
Bonnie,

All my prayers and good thoughts are going to you and Dave today. Please take care of yourself and know we are all here for you if you need us.
 
Oh my...what a day! Everything happening before my eyes faster than I could keep up. After settling into his new ICU in the Texas Medical Center, they finally let me see him last night about 9:00 p.m., my kids came too. He looked so sick and weak and hates having that tube down his throat. One person is permitted to stay overnight so that would be me. My kids have offered to stay for me but they both have had to go back to work and that would be too hard for them. I literally slept in a chair last night. Awakened all night long (I am not complaining) was asked to leave the room at 2:30 am so husband could have a chest X-ray. Came back then was woke up by the first doctor wanting to ask me questions at 4:30 a.m., that was the last of my sleep for the night. I really think that I may go ahead and go home to sleep tonight, I have not been home to sleep in my own bed since February 11.

So the surgery is done and he will have a nice long scar right up the middle of his belly. I call it a badge of honor just like our knee scars. As it turned out, no intestine was cut out. His belly area was totally cleaned and washed out of infection. He was covered in antibiotics before being stitched back up. They think that at one point Dave had a micro tear in his colon which has since repaired itself, but not till after it poisoned his system and sent it vital organs into shock. He is still critical and now there is worry of his kidneys. They are in shock and not functioning so now I've signed papers to put him on dialysis if need be whether it be tonight or tomorrow or soon. It is just supposed to be temporary until his kidneys wake up again.

The surgeon said that with the surgery today that poisonous bacteria was released into his blood stream and he would no doubt become sicker for a couple of days until he can improve. So that is the report for now. I've been here at the hospital for 24 hours now. A friend of mine came today and brought me a toothbrush and toothpaste along with some facial wipes, then sat and waited with me for surgery. That is what friends are for and I sure do love her!

So I will be here for the weekend and the foreseeable future so I will check in again soon my friends!

P.S., I got a note today from my PT telling me to heat up my knee, do some leg lift as I sit throughout the day, and told me to use the stairs instead of the elevators to keep my knee working. It was nice to hear from him.

Thank you all again for all of your prayers.:loveshower:
 
Bonnie, reading your latest post, I do see some positive signs. I truly think your husband is in excellent hands. I'm so thankful he was able to make thie move successfully.

I pray that he can hold on through these next few days until things start to improve. As we know from our knee replacements, the first few days after surgery are frequently the worst!! Hang in there and know we are here for you.

God bless your friend who knew just what you needed!!! Friends are so precious......

Hugs and good thoughts coming your way!!!
 
Hugs to you Bonnie! I am so glad Dave is in good hands. Hang in there! We are all sending you positive (((((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))))!
 
Back
Top Bottom