Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Dave had a good day today. Completely off blood pressure med, maintaining good vitals, all bodily functions working. Tomorrow they will try weening him some from the ventilator and if things continue to progress forward then maybe Sunday he can come off the ventilator completely. He is still listed as critical due to septic shock to his body from the infection. Going back to hospital shortly for overnight stay. Thank you all for your continued caring thoughts and prayers. xo
 
Bonnie,

So glad to hear that things are continuing to improve for your husband. Stay strong and prayers still going your way. Please get some rest and please do try and get things to eat, he is going to need you to be strong.
 
Bonnie, I am trying to catch up on some of the threads and I ran across yours. I will be praying for you and your husband!
 
Thinking of you Bonnie and try to eat to keep your strength up. Just think you will need to be fighting fit when he comes home. Take care our lovely friend xxx

Oh Jo, thank you so much! You all make me feel so good, I am so thankful for all of you. Your words are more than kind, they move me to tears, the happy kind!

I miss you all, I will be be back soon to lend support to all of you again as soon as I can. I am getting really tired, and I am looking it too. I am eating, but have lost 4 pounds, its ok though! :thumb: xo
 
Hello Bonnie, I have been looking for your updates. So happy to see things are starting to progress. Slow and steady as we always say.

We are here for you Bonnie! Get some rest when you can. You will need your strength when hubby comes home. Take care!
 
I wish I had some great news to report today, so far I don't, well yes I do, he did open both eyes and looked at me. I asked him to squeeze my hand, as I was holding his. He did give my hand a little squeeze then drifted off again. So as I just sit here in his room in the ICU, I decided that I should start posting to you all again so my mind can be somewhere else for a bit. He is still critical and there are fears of a secondary infection due to so many antibiotics killing off the good bacteria. If this turns out to be true after tests are in, then he will go into isolation. Please pray that, that does not happen. xo
 
Sounds like he is spending all the energy on fighting this off Bonnie. Of course we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
 
Bonnie,

I am just reading your posts about your husband today. Know that I am praying for you and your family along with the rest of your friends here at BoneSmart.

Dori
 
Bonnie, when I struggle to find comfort in my darkest hour, I like to think of Jesus as being right next to me, extending His nail scarred hand to me. I'm praying for your comfort and peace that passes all understanding during your time of difficulty. May the Great Physician bring comfort and healing to your husband and draw you both to Him, giving you respite from your burdens.
 
Bonnie.....my heart is with you. I hope you can get some rest tonight too. This stuff just wears you to a nub. Please do use BoneSmart to keep your mind distracted a little. You know we're here!!!

Prayers are still coming your way.
 
Prayers are coming to you from all around the world, including New Zealand. I'm visualising in my head lighting a candle for you and your husband.
 
Bonnie,
I think about you and your husband and your family a lot these days and pray for you all...I applaud your ability to tend to others during this time...take care and please let us know how its going.
xoxoxo,
Linda.
 
The sun came out today! So did Dave...came back to hospital to find ventilator removed and he is awake and can talk to us. Extremely weak but so much better!
 
Awesome! You all are on our prayer list at church.

Please do not worry about us here at the forum---take care of yourself, your husband, and your family---they come first!
 
I am so pleased for you Bonnie - fantastic news to be reading your update this evening!
 
Back
Top Bottom