Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Dear Bonnie

I am thinking of you and hope so much we hear some good news from you soon. Positive thoughts being sent to you and your beloved xxx
 
Same here, Bonnie.....sending strength and healing vibes.
 
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I don't have any other news to report, other than he is still listed as critical. He is still asleep and on the ventilator. My two kids and I sit all day in his room with him and talk to him. I don't know if he knows we are there or not, but I would like to believe that he does so we just keep talking to him. His vitals are still good, still needs meds to keep his blood pressure up. He has not gone downhill in anyway since the surgery and the doctors say that there is a slight improvement over how he had been in the days prior but still not enough to take him off of the critical list. There is a time in CICU when no visitors can be there. In a way I guess that is good or we would never leave, but between 6 am and 8 am, then 6pm and 8pm we cannot be there. The three of us have been there all day, and now I am home for my two hour wait until I can go back again for overnight until 6 am. My kids stayed with me till about midnight last night as only one person can spend the night so that is me. We are doing ok, trying to eat but not a big appetite, I've lost 4 pounds already. I know I have to eat and keep my strength up and rest because if I get sick they will not let me in to visit him...as it should be for someone in CICU so I am doing the best that I can. I thought all of this time off my feet would do my knee good, but I almost think it is too much inactivity because my knee is stiff. As I've always said before that there is a fine line between being active and not over doing it to get these knees healthy, now I am wondering in inactivity has the same effect as doing too much. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

So thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. As soon as I have some good news to report I will surely let you know!

Take care everyone and the best recovery to you with your new and future knees! :thumb: xo
 
Continued thoughts and prayers.
For me inactivity can lead to pain and stiffness. It is all about balance.
 
Bonnie - what a sweetheart you are to be worrying about everyone else when you have so much on your plate. I wish you and your family peace and strength.
 
Bonnie you and your husband as well as kids will be in my thoughts.
take care of yourself, eat some food, if not for you, for your kids so they don't worry about you any more than they already are.
:prayer1:I will continue to pray for you all.
 
He moved his eye lids a little bit when I came back tonight and started talking to him. Happy/sad I started having a melt down, Jake (my son) gave me some big hugs.
 
Bonnie,

Keep on hanging in there. All of us here are sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family for a speedy recovery of your husband. You just need to concentrate your energies on him, we will all get along for awhile if you can't stop in and talk with us we do understand. Try to get some rest and take care of yourself.
 
Thinking of you Bonnie and try to eat to keep your strength up. Just think you will need to be fighting fit when he comes home. Take care our lovely friend xxx
 
Dear Bonnie,
I just got caught up on your thread. I am so very sorry to hear the devistating news about your husband. I cannot imagine the toll it is taking on you and your family. I will be keeping you all in my prayers. Please continue to let us know how it is going.
xoxoxo,
Linda.
 
Bonnie, I so appreciate that you took time to update us. Just like any healing process, we must take even these small steps forward as the tremendous successes they are. Hopefully more will come soon.

I know this is such a drain on you and your family. I hope you can get as much rest as possible. Even so....tears and meltdowns are part of the deal, so don't worry about it when they come. Just remember we are always right there with you in spirit.
 
Back
Top Bottom