• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

THR Nervous

Eman85

post-grad
Country
United States United States
I don't get any prescriptions until post op and should be the same as last time. The only prescription was hydro for pain. Everything else was over the counter Miralax,regular aspirin and Pepcid AC.

OP
OP
G

Grammy57

Country
After a huge run-around with the insurance company, I have decided to pay for the oxy outright. The generic version isn't that expensive. Everything else is either covered or approved. Insurance said the Dr had to request approval, Dr's office said insurance told them I wasn't covered, insurance told me they never asked. Ugh. Well, 2 weeks to go. Tomorrow is the stress test and echo cardiogram.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sometimes it's just easier to pay out of pocket instead of fighting. Sorry you're dealing with this kind of stuff.

Wishing you luck tomorrow on the stress test and echo, take some reading material.

Dhall

Country
I have groin pain, pain in buttock at times (I use a heating pad for this and it makes it feel better though it does not go away), pain down the thigh inner side and outer depending on the mood of the hip and down the leg at times including knee which has been replaced but the pain will be right below the knee joint itself.

I also cannot comment on outpatient surgery for hips as I too spent one night in the hospital. This worked for me as I was sure pain control was working and I then had to do some PT in hospital to make sure I was safe to go home (walking, stairs, getting on and off a bed, getting into a car). This worked for me especially as I live 1.5hrs away from hospital. I have seen others on the site that had the surgery as out patient so it is doable.
Did the pain in your groin go away right after surgery? It is awful! My surgery is Monday the 25th. Just 2 days and I am as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. I hope you are doing well by now.

leejaa

post-grad
Country
Best wishes for surgery and a smooth recovery. I had groin pain with both hips and it went away right after surgery on the left hip in 2017 and again on the right hip after surgery that was just done Nov 13. I also had pain going down the leg and that also is gone. It is wonderful and right now all I am using is Tylenol for post op pain control and if course ice and elevation. It is wonderful.

OP
OP
G

Grammy57

Country
Well, today is the day as long as they have the insurance mess cleared up. The Dr's office scheduled me as an in-patient and then did not ask for a pre-authorization from my insurance. According to the billing at the hospital, the Dr's office was asked 6 times to do this. My insurance denied in-patient but said no pre-auth was needed for out-patient. The Dr's office told me all is set but the last I spoke to the hospital the Drs office had not "flipped" my status. The hospital told me to show up and all will be well. Ugh.

OP
OP
G

Grammy57

Country
All went well, even got the insurance straightened, even though it was after the surgery. They kept me 2 nights. First probably was because it was so late, he was behind about 4 hours! The second was because I was lightheaded and a fall risk. Home now and doing well.

leejaa

post-grad
Country
Wonderful that you are home and everything was straightened out with insurance.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanneyLou
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom