@Grammy57 If you have Medicare that may be true. That is what my secondary insurance told me, but I would still inform them, just to be safe.
There is something I use, that perhaps your surgeon might allow, if you check with him. It’s called a 5% lidoderm patch. it can only be used for 12 hours. If you have Medicare, you will need your doctor to write an appeal to get it. If you just have private insurance, this is probably not necessary. Just a normal prescription. It helps take the edge off of my hip pain, as along as I take rest periods with no sitting or standing.
There are over the counter 4% lidoderm patches that Salonpas makes. They are more expensive, than a prescription.
I use two whole patches on my hip. You can cut them to fit your situation. I use medical tape on two edges to help them not to role their edges.
I find it helps in addition to the Tylenol.