Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry your going through this. I pray for healing and comfort. Xxx hope the heal raiser helps. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Legin. Just popped in to view how you are doing?such a lot seems to be happening. I hope the infusion thingy works for you. Take care
 
You're starting to sound so much better @Legin. I gave away my last two bottles of wine away out of the cupboard I'd sorted before I went into hospital. I gave them to my daughters this morning when they visited.

Anyway sorry for going off topic, do you have to go back for any more infusions or treatment? Xx
 
Hiya nooooooooo more infusions, well that I know of. Had a really one of those moments yesterday. Those who don't like any mentions of toenails look away, well stop reading.
With leg stiffness etc my toe nails on bad foot really needed attention. Now a major site of this #CRPS pain is my toes on first three toes and the last two are totally dead from the nerve damage. So like the big brave chap (coward), I went to the numb toes just as I was about to click I thought hangon specks would be a good idea don't want to do amputation. At the same time the thought oh what happens if I cut toe and circulation problems set in. Oh to heck snip, snip, phew.

The affected toes deep breathing mind as calm can be. Snip, ow, snip OW, snip OMG. 2 hrs later done. There is a film where a runner chap slips up in the mountains and gets his hand stuck and after many days stuck he eventually cuts his hand off to get free. Its a true story and I remember thinking what would I have done, next appointment at pain clinic guess what first question will be.
Hey ho busy day today big south African style BBQ for step son as he did so well at college.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow you did well there @Legin. That was a very big gamble cutting your toenails. I hope your BBQ goes ok. It's a damp rainy day here. I hope it's better up there. Well done to your stepson doing so good at Colllege. That's more good news.

Please try and be careful today with your foot and everything. Perhaps even let someone else take over for a while during the cooking. Knowing your love of cooking I can't see that happening. Most of all please try and rest as best you can!

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
I would not be able to cut toe nails. No way. I am big coward to. Heck can't reach one of my toes haha... Good luck on cooking. Try to rest. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
The video in my mind is priceless @Legin ! Very brave, especially flying blind with sharp utensils! I have found it much easier to deal with my nasty, should-never-see-the-light-of-day toenails right after my shower, and one foot per attempt. Recently, 2-3 nails per attempt! I also use a heavy duty emery board, like maybe 80 grit sandpaper, to do the ones that are uncuttable.
Congratulations to stepson!! He has one year of success under his belt, he will do well :)
Watch out for charging wildebeest :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Chortle aye wild beast tiz myself chasing coffee smells in mornings. It was after shower, problem is I build myself to expect pain, should have fooled myself into thinking I was trimming the Scots pine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh Braai went really well deffo not for vegetarians more meat than a butchers convention.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Braii? Was that the, as we call it here, cookout? And you know what? I wonder if your Scots pine is the same as our Scotch pine? Very sturdy medium long needles? I planted 9000000000 of them as seedlings as a youngster-- we meant to have a tree farm! I think my sister and I got ten cents an hour for that...
Have your toenails settled down yet? What's better for your ouchie feet, closed shoes or birkenstocks?


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
hi @Legin
A taboo subject our toe nails!! Thank you for speaking out! LOL I recently managed to cut my toe nails on the side of operated hip for the first time in about a year. It was a relief but stretched me beyond my maximum. I don't know why it is so difficult. x
 
I think its because its the biggest stretch. But mine was pain in toes as well. But yes it is the hardest both pre opp and deffo post opp. They never tell us to get nails cut pre opp. You get aids to put socks on then the socks get torn to shreds with nails that make Fu Manchu jealous.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin
Was thinking of you today.
When they said my aunt needed some kind of infusions for her joints. I don't know what kind they are. But said its take 3-4 hours. She has bad Rheumatoid arthritis and her hands curve inward. It's weird she has it in hips.

Enoughhhhhh about my family. How is your feet? And did you get any more info on your disorder? 'And you going to have any more pain management of any kind?
I wish ya the best. I know your in good spirits for having the problems you been having. I'd be crazy.

Btw you should start a group in social room famous recipes. ;;-) May take your mind off it. Xxxx prayers


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hiya Angel nope no more news on syndrome and the infusion is calcium based it's more preventative as #CRPS can attack the bones. One of the things that I am constantly doing is moving the joint as it stiffens with swelling etc. My next appointment for pain management should be in about 2 weeks waiting for post on that one

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom