Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep is still no friend been having v sharp pains.right down.the.leg.with luck might be.the nerve reawakening. Or.someone.is.sticking pins in.a.doll.
never mind could be worse

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Are you saying that you get a pins and needles effect when you are sleeping? But really extreme....like electric jolts? I had that with both THRs in the early months. For me, taking magnesium pretty much put a stop to it.

Sharon
 
Ty but its a.constant ache and.heat. I suffered nerve damage during the operation. This has resulted in little or no feeling in.ankle and foot..last night the.jolts were v severe. Do you think magnesium can help as if I had hair I would be pulling it out.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry @Legin - nerve damage is very painful.. I intend to read your thread after dinner.. :)
 
Ty Poppet I'm afraid no.rest for the.wicked snaperoooo (must be v wicked). Blowing a gale here too went to the loch but prefer the sea.
Have grandson to.look after in am then.this afternoon have beds to.strip ready for my girls comming back.yyyyyyyay.be 9 in house then loads of cooking to.do

Legin THR Sep 14
 
No problem there is one guaranteed thing in life people are drawn to my level of forgetfulness and thinking capabilities. @Poppet

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin - what does your surgeon advise you regards the nerve damage and lack of sensation in your foot?
 
My surgeon was dissmissive at start till physio pointed out she had a pin stuck in my foot. I have had neurophysiology assessment. Result is nerve damage down.back of leg
Prognosiis is upto ayear to heal however chance of full recovery is 60%. Being honest that hit me. I have been very active and well fit all my life. Also beaten two bad injuries where I was told, well after achillies told will never run again. A year later I.was playing squash. Also aged 19 I dislocated knee. Heck of a lot damage told would not play rugby again or not to a high level. I played to a very high level and last game was aged 39. So I had to realise for first time it was something out.of.my control. Oh also have a balance condition and I.have retrained brain.
Sorry for going on. Anyway its just a case of adapt. I use old army boots for long.walks they support myy foot. I.also am working on.being more alert re foot. I hit it of things all the time. This means taking a higher foot raise when walking and thinking about sharp turns. Being a simple chap I work to.goals so longer walks soon.I.want to.start small hills I'm aware going up no problem its coming down. But any experienced walker will tell you same.
My ultimate goal. I have a hill here 1100 foot almost straight up. About two thirds uo is my thinking rock. I have spent probably over 100 hours in total on there. Also the views tho out along the Ochills to Stirrling and Trossachs beyond.
Ok I know @Poppet you probably expected a short reply but heck its me and I'm a very verbose persons. I really.want to thank.you for you asking it means a lot.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen.news re implant for arthritics. It reckons to provide cure and can be used for other conditions.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Has anyone seen.news re implant for arthritics. It reckons to provide cure and can be used for other conditions.

Legin THR Sep 14

Can you tell me more please Nigel?
 
Its on.skynews website

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Am I allowed to copy article on.here

Legin THR Sep 14
 
As in.paste it or is there copyright

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh my Scottish friend, @Legin that is not fair - only 60% improvement after a year! I think with your positive attitude, your healthy diet, your pure determination and your previous history of proving them wrong, I fully expect you to recover the sensation in your foot :)
 
PM the link or article to me @Legin and I will have a look :)
 
Oh errrrrrrrrrrrr thank.you that took me by.surprise. Silly old man.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm silly old Legin but in.defence only 3 hours sleep in last 3 days zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Legin THR Sep 14
 
To e honest re foot I have to expect not full recovery that way I.can adapt any improvement is bonus. I did first heel raise after two months did a lap.of honour and errrrrrrr went misty

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom