THR Nerdgrrl has a new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to have you back Nerdgrrl. It is worrisome when one of the Warriors drops off the grid. I am happy you got to recharge your batteries. Lord knows we need it.

How did you ever get yourself to walk OUT of the French Bakery? Bread is my downfall. I love all types of bread.
 
Nerdgrrl, which bakery do you go to? One of my good friends introduced me to Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle. Yum, yum, yum. The chocolate criossants are to die for. The quiche was awesome as well. After I first went there I tried to duplicate the croissants (not from scratch) and made homemade ganache for them. Hubby and I decided I shouldn't make them anymore otherwise we'd be as big as a house!
:loll:
 
Yep, that's the one I went to. I had a sandwich ( on fresh baguette ) and brought home a couple macaroons and their twice baked almond croissant. It was my first time there, soooo good! The almond croissant was excellent. I will have to try chocolate next time I go ( and there *will * be a next time!). I just can't make a habit of it or I will be sorry :)
 
Maybe we should schedule a meetup! I think Weezy: lives in South Seattle! Of course the rest of the warriors are welcome to come!

:friends:
 
OMG! I am so jealous. All of those baked goods sound so divine. I am almost glad there isn't one of those close to me or I would be packing on the pounds. Gotta a sweet tooth!
 
dede62 we should totally get together! Are you driving yet? Or can you catch a ride? The only problem with that bakery is that it is tiny and popular, so it is often difficult to get a seat.
 
No I'm not driving yet and I know it's got limited seating. My friend and I actually went on a Saturday about 10ish and were able to snag a couple seats. We'll figure something out... that'd be fun. A lot of people locally see it's busy then get take home so seats open up here and there. Not sure how busy it gets during the week though for eat in. I'd guess lunch is busy since they do the sandwiches and pizzas.
 
So yesterday the phone rings and it is my short term disability folks from work saying they are still waiting on some paperwork from the doc. I was having visions of having to show up at work that day, since that was my original default return date, and there I was still in my PJs :mcoffee: - I was planning on a leisurely day. I was confused, because I knew the doc's office talked to me about it a week ago and said they were faxing the info that day. Turns out there was a second piece of info the disability folks needed that was buried in their request, but that I needed to sign another release to get the doc to release it. Oh HIPAA, you are a PITA some times. Luckily the doc's office form is online, so I was able to fill it out and take a quick drive down the hill to fax to the docs office. Since the sun popped out, and I had had my morning shot of adrenaline, I went for a .7 mile walk with the dog, which consisted of me walking back and forth on the flat part of the off leash area while the dog ran around like a fool. :puppysmooze: Came back for a rest and ice, and then went to Costco, and walked around the store. No electric cart! While I miss the fun aspect of driving in a store, it was nice to get around under my own power. No one knocked me over, or even bumped me :thumb:

Today I went to coffee with Weezy here in my neighborhood, and we had a great time visiting in person. So fun to meet another hippy IRL. dede62, we will be hounding you soon to get together, maybe up north, so it is closer to you. Then I stopped by the French bakery again (this is beginning to be a bad habit, I can tell!) and got a sandwich and one of their twice baked chocolate croissants. OMG! Those are excellent! They have almond paste and chocolate, my two favorites! It was sunny, so I walked for a little, but then started to get tired so I promptly came home. (patting myself on the back here for listening to my body :snork:)

How is everyone else's week going? Damn! you didn't overdo yesterday did you?
 
What a nice day you had. Twice baked chocolate croissants---I'm going to dream about those:sleep:
 
Nerdgrrl....don't you know it is only polite to share? Sissy and I sent you boxes of Florida sunshine, so we are going to be expecting our boxes of twice baked chocolate anythings :)

You have certainly been a busy girl. I am so impressed by your mobility and activity levels. You will have to let us all know how you feel tomorrow after all the gallavanting you did today. Did you get anything good at Costco?

It is so nice that you got to meet up with Wheezy. I have read her thread. She is truly a warrior. I can't imagine having had a bilateral. Ooh-Rah!
 
Nerdgrrl, sounds like an awesome day. Yes, we'll get together soon. I started tapering my pain meds last night and am feeling good. We might have to go to the bakery and send some Seattle care packages out to our warrior troops! We'll only send one so they'll have tocome visit us if they want more (ooh wah wah)!!!

Sounds like both you and Katie found a way to get some good fresh air and exercise. Glad you got the paperwork squared away.
 
I'm jealous you got together with Weezy! I'd love to meet my fellow warriors. Damn! and I should get together and go zip lining at Gatorland. When we do, we'll post pictures:SUNsmile:
 
What a nice day you had. Twice baked chocolate croissants---I'm going to dream about those:sleep:

Stop it, torture... I am trying my best to lose some weight...

How great that a couple of you warriors got to meet up. - awesome.. We often make long lasting friendships via the forum.. Go warriors!
 
Okay, I am now getting real jealous, Weezy, and nerdgirl having the twice backed chocolate, dede62, also getting ready for baked goods, Damn!, and sissy46 having all the warm weather and goin ziplining, :tantrum:. Seriously, I think it is great, and nerdgirl you are doing great and totally in keeping with the BS Warrior spirit
 
WooHoo! I walked a mile yesterday! Surprised even myself. Then last night I actually slept 3-4 hours on my side and did not wake up with my butt aching. Oh, the excitement! Today I get to work on Christmas cards and generally take it easy. I'm trying to save up my energy for Sunday when I have tickets to the Seahawks game. I have decided to try to go, but can always come home early if it is too much for me. It's another case of tickets bought long ago. I have never been to a pro football (American football for the international crowd) game before, so I hope it is fun.

I am avoiding the French Bakery for now....but maybe I'll pick up some extra croissants next time I go.

bellaroma you will be up and at 'em before you know it!
 
Nerdgrrl, I have found that the tailgating is more fun than going in to the stadium to watch the game. Congrats on logging in some new mileage. That's a major milestone! Way to go!!!!

I can just picture taking out a gator or two on our flyover! Hilarious to picture. Beth, where are you located? I'm sure there is a Warrior nearby...
 
Nerdgrrl I know you'll have fun at the game. We used to have season tickets in the old stadium. When thy moved temporarily to Husky stadium they offered us some crappy nosebleed seats. Haven't looked back into tickets as most of them are televisd and we don't have to mess with the parking. Getting old sucks. I sound like an old fuddy-duddy.

Bellaroma has a great idea about the extra cushion! :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom