Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

Nancy, are the red spots spreading? One of my girl friends had her tkr about 4 years ago, and she still has a red spot. She can push on it and it'll disappear and then comes back. He PCP says it's nothing to worry about. Can you post updated photos and let Josephine look at it?
 
@nensi I too have a red spot. I'll be glad when my doctor looks at it Friday. I emailed a picture to doctor and he said it looked like an overzealous PT person may have torn something. Told me to scale back PT till my Friday appointment. I love to knit and I'm impressed that you are able to concentrate enough to knit. My brain is still too foggy.
 
Will post more red spot update tomorrow - Angel Gabriella finished the cobbler - it was delicious!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees [Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees Boris posing with his new sweater ❤️
 
@nensi
Nancy, I love your talents! I can't imagine concentrating that long ( even if I could knit)
 
Red spot update

I have had two blood tests (one last Friday and one on Wednesday) which were negative for infection. Second one was done because the area/spots had grown. I will see my OS next Monday so until then no action needed.

When I put pressure on the spot it goes white and then the color returns. It doesn't hurt any more than pressing on other spots on either knee, and it does not feel warmer to the touch than other places on either knee. It was a little itchy in the hospital after the ultrasound gel was wiped off, but not particularly since then.

I am posting two pics: the one with the spot outlined was taken last Friday after ER/OS consult, the other this evening.

@jboles @sistersinhim @Josephine any ideas ?

[Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees
 
Nensi, you deserve an award for the-most-productive-use-of-time-while-confined-and-fairly-immobile. Boris' sweater, your son's purple sweater repair, plum dessert preparation...where does it all lead?? International accolades on BoneSmart for sure!! You put me to shame.

I'm getting sick of this recovery, and I've been at it for a shorter time than you. At first it's all encompassing, taking 100% of our concentration when everything is new. Now it's just plain O-L-D!! When that reality bums you out, I recommend thinking about this as a year-long journey. Keep the end prize in sight. And some small milestones leverage even bigger milestones - for example sleeping all night really helps with pain management. Hang in there, my friend! We WILL get through this.
 
I have no idea what those red spots might be, but they're pretty impressive. Remind me of contact dermatitis, so I'll hope that's all they are. Boris' sweater is adorable! You're so talented!
 
Sara, Doing stuff like that is spread out over days, and keeps me sane, passes the time, etc. Etc
I hear y'a, on the OLD. I have given up on short term goals, just taking in day by day and celebrating each new found baby step/success. I gotcha back ❤️
 
@SusieShoes, I was thinking that too, contact dermatitis, but doesn't that itch ?
After I posted those pics I also thought that maybe has something to do with my ice cuff. I have two different ones - so I will switch legs tonight, remember I said that I'm an empiricist. Only thing about that is that I don't particularly want to develop those mystifying spots on my left leg, do I ?
Since the spots I have not been rubbing my legs down with moisturizer, but that's not so smart either, is it.
I know, overthinking this. Need a new project !
 
Didn't you get some new sheets? What else different has touched your knee?
 
@sistersinhim , new in the sense of "freshly laundered" but no new laundry soap, only other stuff is the TEDS, which I have almost stopped wearing.
 
But you all know that one can, quite suddenly, as in from one day to the next, have an allergic reaction to something one was not allergic to ever before.
( In my case it was to raw apples and pears.)
 
I'm glad your test for infection and blood clot was negative. I'll try to upload a picture of my spot on my thread. I've got a doctor appointment tomorrow. I don't know what these spots are, but wish they would just turn into disappearing spots!
 
Harumph, I've no idea what those are Nensi. To me, they almost look like bruising of some sort and wonder if it could be from your ice cuff?
 
nensi ~ around 2 years ago i got this very weird rash ~ i had never had a rash before. it started with one oval shaped red spot on my thigh and eventually spread all over my legs, trunk, but not my face. my family dr. actually first diagnosed it correctly as confirmed by my dermatologist. at different times they each prescribed a medication but it never worked. eventually i used an expensive moisturizer that the cosmetician at the drug store recommended. i'm not sure if it was responsible for the rash to go away or if it went away on it's own. the rash is called: "pityriasis rosea" and is self-limiting. they are not sure what causes it, possibly a virus. it lasted for a year before it finally disappeared. it was a little itchy at times but not bad. funny thing, my younger sister had the same thing 20 years ago.

i'm happy for you that it's not an infection.
 
Back
Top Bottom