Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

Nensi, you now have some post-modern, body art! Despite the hassle, it's good to hear you addressed this immediately and received some sensible instructions. Even better to have had negative blood work! I suppose this is the only context in which the word negative is a positive.:yes!:

I'm sure today will be a DOR for you and there's nothing wrong with that. Just kick back and knit Boris a new hat to go with his blue sweater.:yes:
 
@Pheebs52, I just read your DOR another way....but first some words of explanation !
Belgium has two official languages, Flemish (akin to Dutch) and Waals (pretty much French) so everything is labelled in both languages. I am fluent in Flemish and was fluent in Spanish from my studies in the US.
No French. Here it comes - from so many years of grocery shopping and having labels turned, I have passively
learned quite a bit of French vocabulary. As an aside, my husband was raised spreaking French at home, that was the cultured language .... and by the end of high school our kids have had 7 years of French in school. So thr is a widespread hilarity when I pronounce my grocery store French, murdering the sonorous French cvowels and consonants.
But now, back to the DOR.
D'or in French means "of gold" or golden, so isn't that an appropriate name for a day of rest and recuperation, which by the way could be another abbreviation for R and R.
All a lot of wordage to tell you that I actually had a double nap - woke up briefly, and rolled over for round two.
So I think I have more than made up for yesterday !
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees
    IMG_1640.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 215
A double double cat nap.!

Good to read that sore spot is under watchful eyes and it is nothing major.
 
It was a very smart move for you to check out that red spot, and thank God it is alright!

Your sleeping kitty along side you in his own bed brought a huge smile to my face!
 
oh my heart, that kitty in his own bed...how sweet. i miss having kitties. glad your red spot has been taken care of. speaking of DOR/d'or, there is a town in northern quebec called Val d'Or, known for mining. we have friends in Antwerp that we visited some years ago. have you seen the film " In Bruges" with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson? so funny and dark. of course, Bruges is beautiful but Colin Farrell makes fun of it in the film lol! what a great experience for you and your children to learn the different languages. btw, your recovery is awesome!
 
I must apologize for being so out of touch! You certainly managed to stay so calm about your redness, you were the picture of composure in your post at least. I'm so glad you have a better idea of what's going on with that - but a drag that you had to go through the agony of travel and the emergency room. I'm so prone to hysteria at any little indication of a problem - it makes this recovery 10X worse than it needs to be. I wish I'd just chill out like you.

The photo of your kitty in her little bed made my afternoon. You just can't look at that and not be happy.

Which brings me to the meaning of happydale: My dear deceased grandfather used to refer to Happydale as that place where there are no worries, no problems, and everything is wonderful. It was kind of his joke, but now when I want to ignore all my problems I take a trip to Happydale.

I am itching to get back to cooking, so I envy and admire your meatloaf success. I keep yelling things at the kitchen such as "don't cook that shrimp too long", and "it's in the pantry next to the tomatoes", and "why don't you just mix up a quick vinegrette?" Etc. And all of this and I don't even have much of an appetite.

I think your recovery is really going splendidly, despite the bumps you've encountered. You've managed to address issues with aplomb, keep your spirits up, and make lots of forward progress. When I first considered 12 weeks of recovery for a TKR, it sounded so daunting. What I wasn't counting on before my first surgery is that each of those 12 weeks is somewhat better than the week before. And I think that describes your progress as well. So I raise my (pretend) glass to you, Nancy!
 
Glad your red spots seem to be resolving. Your meatloaf talk made me hungry. I've never really cared much for meatloaf. I've been in braces for 3 1/2 years. After I got them I learned to love meatloaf as it is so easy to chew. Your ingredients sound wonderful! I liked your kitty bed picture as well!
 
Nensi, why do I always think we're in the same time zone? Duh! You're probably drifting around The Land of Nod right now, while I'm getting ready for PT. I'm having a party there at 11:00, so if you're awake, please be sure to come. Informal dress required.:snork:
 
Just a minute....am I to understand that if I make meatloaf, my recovery will zip along? Why was I not told? Basically, I don't cook at all, but for this I would make an exception.:snork:
 
@Pheebs52 you are too funny!
I am 6 hours ahead of you, so when you are partying down at PT it'll be 5pm here is sunny Belgium (I just realised that's in a few minutes!)
I already had my PT party at home today; one of the "exercises" was walking without any visible means of support! First forwards, and then backwards!
Jup, that's what I thought too, but I did it!
So far, PT has NOT been kicking my butt, and I am making an ever so slight, just discernible progress in my bend, judging from the line in the tiles in the bathroom.
Contemplations in the bathroom....
 
The kitty bed ... I know right ?!
It's actually a doll's bed, and my daughter repurposed it. Funny thing is that Saber, our big tiger male, is not a fan of new things and is just a terrible scaredy cat. But since she put his fleece in the bed and left in the same place, he took to it without battting an eyelash. We could make a running photo documentary - one pose is cuter than the next...
 
Bathrooms are great for contemplation. A little solitude, a little quiet. Reminds us we are creatures with bodily functions. Bathrooms breed philosophy, not to mention being good places to test our ROM. Sounds like your PT is just right for your needs. Sometimes the best exercises are those that closely follow our natural uses for that joint or body part. Just walking. Just bending a little. Just do its thing.
 
I remember the bathroom lines slide! And then the hurray when I made another closer line!
 
Nensi, I will now be on the look out for a great doll's bed for Ms. Pheebs! She's kitty-size, probably smaller than some, so fit won't be an issue.

Congrats on walking support-free! This is HUGE! Backwards is a bit scary though, isn't it? Not to mention which, impractical,. I really can't recall the last time I saw anyone walking backwards down the street, can you? But still, you did it; hurrah! "Throne-Sliders," are the best in many ways....two bodily functions at once; win/win! Also as Susie stated, who doesn't enjoy the contemplative alone time in the bathroom?
 
Since leaving college I've been collecting all sorts of WC related cartoons and lore in a big binder.
I have yet to see a cartoon with this " throne slider" as the topic.
Any cartoon artists in this forum? It would make my day to have such a cartoon.
 
I'm sure @Jennszoo could make us a T-shirt with a WC throne-slider theme. I'm digging out meatloaf recipes in preparation for my 3 month visit to the OS on Wednesday. On a more professional note, congrats Nancy on the forward and backward walking - now you know you will pass the field sobriety test. Another important TKR milestone.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom