Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

@kmak81230, just so I'm sure about the meatloaf miracle, will you be smearing the cooked version on your knee or eating it? I like to be crystal clear on these things.
 
I thought I would bring it to the OS -- he has 5 kids and his wife probably gets tired of cooking dinner every night. I brought my PT brownies several weeks ago and he's only measured twice so far :yes: . PS - I can't stop laughing at your post :rotfl:. But you know, if I thought it would improve my extension I'd be smearing it all over the back of my knee :old:
 
I, for one, am anxiously awaiting the commode sliders cartoon! Thinking we also need a meatloaf on the knee pt cartoon as well! Come to think of it my mother made meatloaf early on in my recovery and I will just bet thats why I have healed so well! Hope you are having sweet dreams Nancy!
 
Guys, I have been all over the place. Bored to tears, cranky, impatient, stir crazy, procrastinating, not keeping up with my Bonesmartie pals, arghhhh.
@Pheebs52 warned me about the week 3-5 plateau, or was it an abyss ?
It's just very difficult to describe, it's not a depression although it certainly has some of the earmarks of one. Instead of being very impatient with everything, I seem to be just resigning myself to it.
Sort of an "oh,well, that's the way it goes..."'
But that is SO not me,that I guess that spurs all kinds of other weird feelings.
But anyway, a lot of things are going well.
Sleeping through the night, 2 nights in a row.
Last few hours on one side, then the other.
This morning, rolled over on my stomach! No pain.
Today my PT had me walking forward,backwards, side right, side left, diagnonal right left forward and back, no hands, baby!! Ready for dance lessons!

Update on my weird red spots, though, not so good.
They are spreading so I was back to my PCP for new blood work, expecting results today to see if I start with antibiotics. It's mystifying everyone. It doesn't hurt or itch, it's been kind of a barometer that I always checking on. I'm ready to say goodbye to the dumb spots but they are not ready to move on.

Getting ready for my next culinary adventure : our Italian prune plum tree is harvesting itself in abundance - no plum jam this year, going for plum cobbler tonight!
 
Yummy! Plums! Mmmm...here plum compote is a favourite.
Do any of you remember a children's story about a man or a couple who had a plum tree and so many plums it didn't know what to do anymore?

Dear Nensi: regarding the Knee Blues...or melancholy feelings: It's bound to happen with such a big event that changes quite a few roles.
 
Awwww Nensi, you're doing GREAT! Don't fall into the abyss for long...it's not a fun place! But, it is inevitable.
You are on a long journey, not a short trip. Some days you just have to sit back and look for the small blessings.
I was teetering on the edge of that abyss yesterday when a friend came over and we talked about everything but the knee, a delivery of flowers arrived and another friend called on the phone. I felt as though I had been thrown a life line!

Yuuuummmmm! The prune plum cobbler makes my mouth water! I think a trip to the local fruit stand is in order today for peaches. Lets cook together! :wink:
 
From the beginning, I've said I would place a dead chicken under my pillow at night if I thought it would help, so why not a meatloaf smear, eh? That said, I think a tasty ...er...bribe for your OS is brilliant, lol.

Oh (((Nensi,))) there does seem to be a is a bit of a *rabbit-hole* during roughly that time period; pffft! For me, it felt just as you described.....all the same adjectives. I simply wasn't *myself* and nothing seemed to *fit* somehow. The good news was, it didn't last. Have you been getting outdoors much lately? I did find that to be the most helpful activity, even if I wasn't capable of much activity. Just a small change of scene can make such a big difference. Perhaps a short walk to cafe, bookstore or park could be on your agenda today?

On a happier note, look at you, literally dancing around your kitchen! And sleeping through the night? Two nights in a row? Priceless and so soon to be doing that! Huzzah!
 
Well, look at that, you've got an invitation to cook with Helen! Perhaps some lovely pies or cobblers are on the menu today? :roseshwr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nensi_New_Nees Forgot to mention that I started "finishing" things.
Yknow, the myriad number of things to be repaired or upgraded or re-purposed.
In this case, two brand new sweaters that my darling son managed to gouge a hole in. We still have not figured out a plausible explanation .... One of them a merino wool...could not find th same color wool, only thread !
Something like three hours later ..... finished.
Here's an in progress pic
 
derail: alone the thought of sweaters is making me sweat!
Mind we only have fans/ventilators. No AC, not even our car.
 
I'm all about the sweaters. I grew up in Wisconsin, where sweaters are three-season wear. That purple is gorgeous!

That 2-5 week trough is dismal. Mine included nausea and severe anemia, PT, pain, being an invalid became grating, I was failing to achieve OS goals (or so I thought), and it was just a slog to get through. And yes, I was scarce on BS too. Nothing seemed to be right... and I can find the silver lining on a black hole.

Useful mantra: This too shall pass. It always does. Around week 5-6, there's this wonderful corner to be turned. :yahoo:

Your red spots sound annoying, and I hope that's all they are. Begone, spots!
 
nice purple! patching looks great!!! I AM not that patient to repair things like that... You will feel very accomplished!! I still have those on again and off again days... My mother just went home with my sister for a few weeks, a few states away from me. Right now I don't know if I am relived having a break, she fell while I was recouping at her house, or I wish she was home so I know what she might be up to! Plum cobbler sounds great! I may have to go to the store to buy some plums!:flwrysmile:
 
@nensi since ny DH has taken such good care of me ( and in hopes of encouraging him not to stop anytime soon)
I just went online and ordered him some Neuhaus chocolates...I only hope they are half as good as what we got over there! You inspired me! ❤️
 
@Thesoutherncook, even if they are not as good as over here you can bet they'll be way better than Russell Stover (are they still in business?) and anyway we have already established that he's a keeper, right? Keepers need occasional chocolate maintenance ;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sooz58, the on and off again is like jumping the waves at the Jersey shore, ya keep looking for the next big one. Are you glad for the solitude ? Sometimes having too much hullabaloo around you can be exhausting.
Well all the plums are washed, pitted and cut and mixed with sugar, cinnamon and cardamom..... and my time is up- back to elevateeeee. Cobbler might depend on a helper :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@VW54
Oops sorry about the heat wave ! We also do not have AC! I understand !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Red spot update - still absolutely no sign of infection in my blood test - that's good ! So what the * is it ?
Very strange.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@SusieShoes, thank you for recognizing the 3-5 week trough, that does a body good - you made it through the trough !
Wisconsin, eh? Then Philadephia winters must be a piece of cake ! I love sweaters, especially hand knitted sweaters and after I finish the little sweater for Boris I'm gonna start one, but I'm finishing stuff first, I'm going to resist the siren song of new patterns and wool, and finish.....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nensi, you are a very talented knitter and *patcher!* And, what a good match on the gorgeous purple.:SUNsmile:

As Susie mentioned, I also experienced a big recovery leap at about 5 weeks! And, you know I've been on the *scenic-route* so there must be sumthin' to it.:SUNsmile: Let's hope it comes for you as well, eh? If we had to make book on it, I'd bet on next week being a great one, full of victories and feeling much more like yourself.

Are your red spots confined to the area around the knee? Is it both knees or just one? Do they itch or are they just sitting there like a blotch on the landscape? At least the lab reports are negative, eh?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom