TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of it this way---if you need your friend, she will be there. If the doc tells you that you just need more time to heal, then the two of you can go shopping and have a good time together. What is there to loose? That looks like a win-win.
 
BrnEhydGrl If I was you I would be so nerves about seeing the doctor but I would have to remember that all my other doctors have been good except for the old knee doctor. Have you told you cats all about the troubles. :sos: I found pets are great listener. :snork: Please keep busy but not with the knee. The knee still needs rest. You are doing so good. Keep it up. If you need to say the same thing again by all means say it. We all understand. Please keep us posted. Have you hugged your :kittykiss: :kittykiss: today. They understand. Tashia
 
sorry if i keep repeating the same thing over and over....:hissy:
You don't need to applogy for keep saying the same thing. For right now you need to say what you are saying. My husband had the same thing that your Mother has, It was Hell. There is no other word that tells it as it is. I felt that someone was reaching into my chest and trying to steal my heart. The pain was so unbeliveble. Nothing can turn this pain off. In time , it passes. Time is the only thing that will help this one. I'm so sorry for you because its not fair. I do understand. The only pain you can take care of is yours. You can not take care of someone else pain. I too tired too and failed. I'm so sorry about your daughter. That is such a loss. In time she too will heal from her loss and the same for her husband. Please take care of yourself. Everytime you write I feel you are telling my story because I do have feet problems. I had to put that problem on the self because I needed to get my knees and hip taking care of first. When I have my foot done I also will be in a cast for some time. Don't worry about this when you are ready it will be taken care of. Also when you are strong enough. First things first. Take one thing at a time. Keep it simple. Right now you have the knee and the lost of your Husband. That is enough. Do what you can for your Mother but do not over do it. I am going to page Josephine for the leg. There is something you probably can do right now to help but I don't know what it is. Josephine Remember we are here for you and its not by accident that I am here. I made it and so can you. It isn't easy but you will make it. Be so gentle with yourself you have had a very diffucult time and road that you have to travel is very hard, but it is life and not fair. Please keep posting and writing in your journal. Remember to hug yourself and pat yourself on the back you are doing so good. Well done. Tashia <<<<<<Hugs>>>>>>>>and many more :friends: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :puppysmooze: :console2: :console2: :flwrysmile: It ok that you fall of the :bicycle2: Its life for right now.
 
tashia that was a kind and compassionate post. I admire you for reaching out to help others so that you can deal with your own pain.
 
Tashia, hugs to you, as always. Tomorrow I head out to meet with the new doctors. Please say a little prayer for me that they DO take me on as a patient. I have my list of questions and information ready to go!!!
"BEG" (that is what I am going to do if they say no):loll:
 
Beg, Don't go there. It will be what its going to be. Everyone here and you want it to turn out. I had a big time trouble with my GP. I mean he let me run out medicane and said no more till l0 days from now. I had my cry, then I took action. I made a appointment and took my journel which has the time and amount of every pill I have taken for this knee. He found I was telling the truth and things worked out best for me. It may need some changes but that is down the road and why should I bother worrying about things that may not happen. We both need to use our focus on now. What going on in our lives. If it happens I will have to deal with it. I started thinking this way after my Husband died because I was such a mess and I had to find a way I could live and get done what I needed to do. You are so new at this, give yourself time and please be gentle with yourself. Everything will fall in place when it's ready to. In the meantime, rest, elevate, ice and take prescription for the knee and for your Husband lost, Thats the big one. Rest, Cry, Pray, Talk to him by journaling or just talking and if all else fail, come here and let it all out. You can send me a private e-mail if you need to say something that you don't want to say on the forum. We are all here for you. Believe in yourself. You are doing everything right. I know its hurt but that is the way it works. We are here and anytime you need us come here. Give many hugs to you. By the way Have you hug your :kittykiss: :kittykiss: today? :friends: :puppysmooze: :console2: :flwrysmile: :console2: :) :console2: Its ok to :bicycle2:. Thats the way it is right now. Tashia
 
Good luck tomorrow BEG! You will be in my prayers as well, you deserve great care and I feel that you will get it!

Stay well and try and stay positive! :console2:
 
BEG,
All my thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow, that all will work out just fine for you. Please come back and let us all know how everything goes we will all be waiting to hear. Just hang in for now, relax and things wilk be fine.
 
BEG, It's Tuesday! Hope everything goes well today. You have people who are waiting to hear. Whatever happens, that's true. A nice feeling, isn't it? I hope that you are able to share exactly what you want to share with the docs. And, that they are utterly attentive. You are so early in this process. I'm off to work in a half hour and I will check in this afternoon to see how everything went.
 
Good luck today BEG!! It's my birthday and i say everyone gets a present today, including you!!

Be well,

Dawn
 
I'm new to the forum but have been reading your posts. My heart goes out to you, and my prayers for a good meeting with the new doctors today.
 
Oh my....what would I do without all of you???? Pray for me, that they take the time to listen and want to help? That is all I have wanted the past three months. I am actually shaking...love to all of you and hugs. I sure could use one right now. I hope my husband will be by my side in spirit. I close my eyes and hope...later!!!!
 
:egypdance::happydance: :yay: :yes!: He is taking me on!!! He came in introduced himself and asked who....in the middle of his sentence he saw the doctors name and said..ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Anyway...NO MUA...back to therapy, blood work to make positive I do not have a infection. He did loads of x-rays, much different than the other OS and did both knees. He actually sat, held my knee in his hands and asked what has been going on... sooooooooo nice. Not rushed, and said you are now bending at 90, not bad....muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, pain meds as needed and P/T. Wants to see me in a month and said KEEP ICING.......I am sooooo relieved I could cry. Thanks to all of you for standing by me and listening to my rant and raves. I know my hubby was by my side too. I could feel it. A song came on right before I went in...."Lean on Me".... :)
 
I am so pleased for you. You must feel so much better just having such a nice doctor who is interested in listening to you.
Maybe now you can relax a bit and concentrate on your recovery.
Be kind to yourself x
 
The Alka Seltzer jingle must be playing in the back of your mind...oh what a relief it is. Careful you don't jump too high and kick your heels too hard...wouldn't want to irritate your knee now would you? So glad it turned out well for you.
 
OMG BEG, I am so happy for you that it brought tears to my eyes!:yay: :cheers: And, that song ...."Lean on Me".... :) was a great omen, yes your hubby was by your side and so were we my friend! I take it that you will have a very restful sleep tonight!:sleep:
 
BEG I'm on vacation, but just saw your latest post and wanted to say BRAVO! So happy to hear you had a good experience with your new doc!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom