TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gail,

I am so happy for you! You are such a wonderful person and it is about time that things start going your way! Congratulations on the ROM and extension! What an improvement!:happydance:
 
YEAAAAAAA!!!!! Fantastic!!!! I'm so glad things are moving forward for you!!! NO MUA for you!! You are doing great!
 
Today I will be going to my knee class! I am hoping it helps! I would really like to go more than twice a week, but I think I also need to be careful not to overdo the PT.

But I am definetly not going to do that MUA. I think like it says in the library, its never too late to get ROM. And I am going to follow the Bonesmart way. Hugs!
 
After all your terrible troubles, Gail, you are doing so well now. Excellent in fact! Well done you :flwrysmile: At this rate you certainly won't be needing any MUA, YAY :flwrysmile:
 
I did really well at PT class today. I left with my extension at -7 and my bend at 96! Woohoo! I also rode the recumbent bike and was able to get the pedals all the way around and did it for 10 min.

I feel so much more positive now. The therapist even said I was doing so good, I shouldn't worry about that MUA just yet:) Hallelujah!!
 
way to go nanners!:yay:i stared the bike yesterday just rocking and holding. i hope iget where you are soon:whistle:have a good weekend!:happydance:​
 
Yeah Nanners!

You are amazing! I knew you could do it all the time! No MUA for my tummy buddy! :happydance:
 
Thank you! I am so pleased......and why did I ever doubt Bonesmart? LOL I really liked this PT class and doing PT along with other TKR's. One lady is one week behind me and has been fighting and fighting to get to 100 and yesterday she finally did it. Her doc was talking MUA when she saw him at 4 weeks. I told her the bonesmart belief that it is never too late for ROM. Its so nice to see each person's challenges and then each of us fighting together and rooting for the others to get our ROM.

I go back next Tuesday and Thursday for more classes. And they gave me much better exercises than the rehab center did. And Patty our therapist was awesome, never hurt anyone. And when she was pushing us for more bend, she would say tell me when to stop and if we said stop, she stopped.

Today we are going to go out and spend some time with family we haven't been able to visit since my LTKR. Finally feel like I am moving forward. Hugs!
 
Excellent news from you, Gail. I am so pleased for you. I am also very envious of you and hope I can make just as good progress :thumb:
 
Gail, you are finally going forward with gusto!:yay: You've come a long way and it's finally paying off!:thumb:
Ejoy your time with family!:friends:

Stay well my friend!:flwrysmile:
 
KathyH you will get there! I went this week from 80 to 96 in my bend. Before yesterdays class I told the therapist that I would like to come 3 times a week, as I felt I was playing catch up after being so sick for so long and not doing PT at all. After the class she said that I am doing really well and that the class twice a week was good enough. So keep fighting my friend, you too will get there.

Like Jo always says its never too late to get ROM, and I have decided I am NOT having that MUA! Hugs!
 
Nanners so happy for you:egypdance:Keep up thegood work! Hugs to you:friends:Have a great weekend!
 
What terrific news. And what a relief for you. Doing a happy dance and hope that your GI issues improve as well as your ROM.
 
I looked in the library but not see an answer to my question, and I am asking this out of my thread, becuz I want to hear more folks answers.

How long does the knee continue to swell? I know I am still in early angry tissue stage at 7 1/2 weeks. But just curious when you noticed you weren't swelling all the time. Thanks for your responses.

Hugs!
 
I just finished my 8th week and my knee is is still somewhat swollen swells more with activity. I'm sure that the swelling part of healing has the same variables as other aspects of healing... It varies from person to person. Yesterday I read the info in the Library on infections in the knee. Not because I think I have one, but I wanted to be more informed. Weird but interesting stuff going on in there on our new metal implant! So, that's my story! Still puffy around the knee and more so and the end of the day. Have a great day and don't forget the all important ice and elevation. Hmmm. Sounds like we should take a cruise to Alaska!
 
I am at about 13 weeks post tkr, and as of the last (final!) pt session last week, my operated leg near the knee is about 1 inch larger than the normal knee. The pt said this is normal. I still have fluid, and will continue to have it until the quad muscle is strong enough to force it out. I understand that elevating and icing help, but that is, I was told, just to allow gravity to do its job, and to provide comfort. The real (and harder) way to get rid of the fluid is through firing the quad, he said. I'm only doing what is reasonable and pushing it only as far as I'm able. I am on my feet all day in classrooms, so swelling is a fact of life. Good luck to you, and hang in there.
 
Hi Nanners: Just four week out from second TKR so swelling is an issue. I went to the diary that I kept for #1 and it seems that swelling didn't abate until maybe the 3rd or 4th month. Even after that timeperiod, a new or extended period of activity can cause some swelling. You'll get there, I guarantee it! My first will be a year old next month and all is well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom