TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bunches Sonja! I have an appt with my family doc at 2:30 today. Praying I finally get some answers. Hugs!
 
Well I finally made it in to see my family doc yesterday. First he made me cry, becuz I have been too sick to do PT. He said I don't care how much you are nauseous or how sick you are, you have to do PT anyways. Yeah right, let me see you do it being as sick as I have been!! Ugh!

Anyways he changed my Prilosec to Protonix. But I am feeling so acidy after trying it this morning, not sure its gonna work. Shoot! And he gave me Norco to try instead of the Dilaudid. Supposed to see my OS today, probably more yelling at me:(

I was feeling better, but now the acid is horrible. Guess gonna have to call family doc back. Sigh!
 
Hope you can get relief! You know the answer about the PT. It will wait until tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon! Good thoughts coming your way :-)
 
Well finally some good news for me! Saw the ortho yesterday, and he did not yell at me:) He did say he is concerned with my extension and has mentioned the possibility of a MUA. I asked him to give me some more time, so he is ordering 3 weeks PT to see if I can improve. If after that if not enough change happens then I will have to have the MUA. At that I did cry, cuz I thought oh gosh I don't want to go back to pain again. So just gonna pray the PT helps.

Oh and my right knee (good knee) was almost hurting more than the surgical one. So he gave me a cortisone shot, and today it feels much better. He also gave me more Dilaudid, cuz he doesn't think I should try the Norco just yet, since I had a hard time with the Percoset. I only take 1/2 tab of the Dilaudid about 3 times a day, but it does cover any pain. And I also got my flu shot, don't need to add that problem. LOL

As for my tummy I did stop and talk to the Pharmacist about the change from Prilosec to Protonix. I told him that I took the Protonix this morning and the gastritis and acid were back. He had me go back to the prilosec and take 2 at night and 2 in the morning for a couple of days, then go back to my regular dose. I feel MUCH better this morning. I even slept very well lastnight and was only up once, boy does that feel good.

Today I am going to go out with hubby for a bit to celebrate our anniversary, which was actually yesterday, but my day got filled up with doc appts. So see I finally have some good news! Yeah!!!
 
Its our 13th wedding anniversary. But I first met him 37 years ago. Long story, but we had a daughter 34 years ago, and he was not in a good place in life, so I left. Twenty years apart, and my daughter wanted me to find her "real" father, which I did. He was single, I was single, and finally in a good places both of us, and we got back together 14 years ago and now have been married 13 years. And my gosh, what an amazing man he has become. He is the best, and I am quite spoiled and blessed. :)
 
Wow, Nanners....what a dream-come-true story! How nice for your daughter that she pushed you in the right direction to find your true love again.
 
Thanks all! I am a very lucky woman....he has taken such amazing and gentle care of me thru this whole TKR thing. I was always more comfortable up on our bed when going thru all that gastritis, becuz the bathroom was easier to get to and I could sleep a bit easier. And all day long he would be up and down those stairs making sure I had a cold gatorade to drink, or to get me to eat some toast or soup. And when everything was aching he would gently massage my aches at night. I truly am a lucky lady!

Today I continue to feel a bit better. In the mornings I feel a bit off, but no where near what I was feeling. But as the day goes on a feel better. Was able to go out yesterday for a few hours with my hubby. We went out to eat, and it was so yummy to eat something other than toast and soup. And no repercussions from it! Yah!!! Please God let it continue!! :)
 
Happy Anniversary Gail, I'm so glad you had a great dinner out with hubby! A true love story you two have, best wishes for many more happy years together! I hope your tummy gets and stays better so you can enjoy more of your life without discomfort.

Stay well and stay positive my friend!:friends:
 
Gail, you have been through so much with your tummy problems, but with a husband like yours, it sure makes life a lot easier! :happydance:

Happy belated anniversary, and here's to many more in the future!
 
Oh for sure I got very lucky! But poor hubby got the short end of the stick with me. I have had crohns for nearly 40 yrs and the past 13 have been the worst for me with lots of flareups & surgeries. Poor hubby!

Tummy continues to heal slowly! Today I am feeling a little bit better. Yesterday I felt a bit off for the early part of the day. I was taking extra Prilosec for 2 days and I think that may have upset the applecart. Cuz lastnight I took less Prilosec and feel better. So hope PT helps and I can avoid the MUA, I think the pain meds mess stuff up, and I would like to avoid that.

Hope everyone has a good day! Hugs!
 
Josephine....I have been reading up on MUA since it may be a possibility in a month or so. I am currently at 6 1/2 wks post surgery. OS is giving me 3 weeks of PT to see if I can improve enough to avoid the MUA. What has been your experience as to the best time to get the MUA? My OS said the best time for it to be done is between 8 to 12 weeks. I read somewhere in a post (sorry forgot who's) that you said that that was too soon. Thanks for your response.
 
Well, it all rather depends upon where you are now. I see this is mostly for your extension and my understanding is that MUAs aren't all that effective for extension problems unless you are significantly high, say about 15 or more degrees.

This is just one article that I take for that opinion MUA: the ineffectiveness of early MUA (JBJS). I also defer to the opinions of many knee surgeons with whom I have worked over the years. Fact is (and it IS fact) that 8-10 weeks is still in the middle of the 'angry tissue' phase where your leg can easily be aggravated into extreme swelling and, of course, pain. He gets a terrific result while you are out, comes and boastfully tells you how far he got it. Then the next day you find you are even less than you had before because he's made your knee swell with his manipulation.

Another fact that is also fairly proven that one can improve ROM for many months and that under 3 months is just the start. It's actually up to you - he cannot do anything until you agree and sign the consent and if you want to wait another few week you are perfectly at liberty to do so. I doubt you will create any irreversible situation by this. However, let's see what Orthodoc has to say. Being US, he'll most likely have a quite different take on the subject.
 
Thank you Josephine! I was thinking more like that too. He mentioned the MUA at my 6 week visit, and I told him no then and to please give me more PT. My first PT appt is this Wednesday an he is giving me 3 weeks. Then I see the OS again for another evaluation. I think he said I was 10 on extension and 80 on bend. Extension I think is more my issue.

I can tell you when I try to put my leg on a chair to stretch it, it hurts. I can only do it for about 30 seconds. And as you say to us, if it hurts don't do it. Yesterday I was trying to stretch a few times thru out the day, and lastnite by bedtime, I was more swollen and achey.

Look forward to what Orthodoc says. Thanks again!
 
I am having a bilateral MUA next week and will be happy to share.(12 weeks after spacer exchange). No issues after BTKR 2 years ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom