Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have figured this out. I think I have a bad case of Gastritis caused from the pain meds. Tried to look in the library for some kind of info on this, but no luck. I am going to stop the Percoset completely, and try a clear liquid diet and see if that quiets things down. If not, I guess I am going to have to hit the ER. Hugs!
 
Well something's obviously going on. With your Crohn's etc, I'd get it checked out.
 
Gail, I think you should get it checked out to! You can't recover very well if you feel sick all the time. I wish you the best and look forward to hearing what the docs have to say about this. Wishing you well soon my friend!:console2:
 
Have you been checked for C-Diff? Your symptoms sounds similar to RestAssureds and she suffered before she was diagnosed with it.
 
Nah Jerseychick, I am sure I don't have Cdiff. I don't have that much diarrhea, and with Cdiff it has a distintive odor and mine doesn't. I am pretty sure its gastritis. And a pretty bad case too. I think that maybe be what others are suffering from too that have lots of nausea and lack of appetite. And think the culprit is our pain meds. But thats just my opinion. Hugs!
 
My clear liquid diet seems to be helping some. Still feel a bit rough, but improving. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Hugs!
 
Sorry, Gail that you are feeling so bad. Most of the people I talked to said that in the early weeks I would regret doing it. I know your Crohns is making it so much worse. The fact that you can't eat is probably making you very weak also. I will keep you in my prayers for improvement every day!
 
Gail, it's so good to hear your liquid diet is helping to make you feel a bit better. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the nausea for you. You have suffered so terribly.

I don't feel as bad now since I took the anti-nausea pills, but I have stopped taking them now. Otherwise it seems like we are just popping pills endlessly. I am still getting by on little food though. Guess the stomachs shrink and is used to not a lot of fuel going in.

I understand the tiredness completely, Gail. Yesterday I had a strip down wash at the sink at lunch time and I had to lay down on the bed afterwards. I didn't get up again until 7.30 pm. Earlier today I had a shower and had a bowl of cereal before I went in, in the hope that this would give me some strength. Was I wrong! I knew as soon as I stepped in the shower this wasn't going to be good. I completed the shower as quickly as I could and came out. I felt so weak and shaky, like I was going to faint. I couldn't even dry myself properly, just got into my towelling robe and laid on the bed again for an hour.

So I know exactly how you are, Gail. You're not alone. Here's hoping you will continue to improve. My thoughts are with you my friend :flwrysmile:
 
Wow Kathy you take a shower daily?? I feel like a real slob, I barely get in there every other day. And when I do I have to rest immediately after. You are so right the energy drain is enormous!! I can barely do anything before I have to lay back down. That part is getting really old.

Did speak with my GP's nurse today and told her all I had been going thru. She made me promise that if not feeling better soon, to call her or go to the ER. I did tell her that the softer diet is working so far, but still extremely weak. I guess the energy will be the last to return. Thing I am hating is all this resting is killing my fibromyalgia too, I am so achey right now.

Thanks for the good wishes! Hugs to you too!
 
Just wanted to give an update in case anyone is interested. Tummy is doing pretty good. I am staying with a light diet and resting, but things are improving. My fibromyalgia is starting to act up alot now as I have been laying about alot. So today is to try to get up and walk around a bit more. I seem to have issues with my knee if I try to PT it at all. I did just a little bit last night and the pain afterwards was pretty intense. So need to go slow on that. And Lord did I swell fast.

So I will stick with Jo's advice if its hurts don't do it. But it is nice to be feeling a bit more human. I don't have much of an appetite, but when someone mentions some kind of food, I will think to myself, hey that sounds good. So thats a start, huh?

Thank to those who have been there for me and supported me. It meant so much to me. Hugs!
 
Way to go Gail, I'm glad your tummy is starting to be more friendly to you! Keep it slow and steady and you're right, if it hurts don't do it! It can wait! One battle at a time my friend!:friends:
 
Of course we are interested dear Gail. It's so good to hear that you are starting to feel some improvement. Things can only get better from now on. You have certainly been put through the mill.

I know what you mean about smelling food or in my case watching so many cookery programes on day time telly. I keep thinking oh I'll make this and that when I am able to, know for sure I couldn't eat a proper meal at the moment. I eat different things a couple of times and then I go off them.
 
It is nice to be feeling a bit more human. And being able to eat a bit again. Still keeping it bland, but nice to not be repelled by food anymore:) Biggest problem I am now having is trying to do even a minimal amount of PT. I have done as instructed, not started any PT until at least 1/2 hour after I take my pain meds, keeping it very light and simple, but no sooner than I do anything other than walking....bam....my knee blows up and I am in bad pain. And yes, I am icing and elevating.

I am only 4 1/2 weeks out, that shouldn't be happening as much should it? And I swear I am being SUPER gentle with the knee. Any suggestions??? Hugs!

And a funny for you! I think I am getting old, I forgot today was my birthday!!! Got a phone call from my sister who purposely sings a horrible rendition of Happy Birthday to remind me. My anniversary is in 10 days, I hope I don't forget that! LOL I think I will just blame the meds:spin:
 
Yes madam 4 1/2 week is early and it does happen somewhat longer! Be patient my dear be patient. All good will come! I love your strength! You certainly are a strong woman dealing with many obsticals, and you are fighting them with great strength! Thumbs up for you my friend! :thumb:
 
:flwrysmile: Happy Birthday Nanners! I'm glad that you are starting to feel better, and hope you continue to improve every day!
 
*Blush* Why thank you very much!

Still doing okay tummy wise, and continuing to improve. Just hoping it stays that way. I feel like I am finally moving forward. Thanks for all those who have been so supportive. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom