Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This is my story

Thanks guys. Feel like I've been in dress rehersal all weekend! I am sticking to my guns on this though. No turning back now. I am ready!
 
Re: This is my story

All the best - I really hope and pray that you come away with good and positive answers.
 
Re: This is my story

Awww...thank you so much Jo. I have lost 2 years out of my life because of this, have had no real quality of life (I count my blessings believe me, this is fixable for sure!)

I honestly don't see how he can refuse me. He caused all of this! But, let's just move on already! Of course I have been awake since 3:30am because my mind wont shut off, LOL!
 
Re: This is my story

Janet good luck today and be strong. Sending waves of prayers your way for a resolution. This is also the week I finally see someone. Heres hoping we both get answers.
 
Re: This is my story

Best of luck to you too PG. PLEASE do let us know how you make out.
 
Re: This is my story

I am back! And the verdict is.....NO REVISION! He can not (nor can his colleagues) find anything wrong with my implant! He said NO doctor would do one for me!

So, what he is going to do is review all my Bone and CT Scans from my other docs, check to make sure everything is as should be and then have me in day surgery to remove the seven circlage wires. That is the only thing that he can find to be causing me all this discomfort!

I am sure willing to try that to begin with. I suppose it could be the cause of irritation. What other choice do I have? It is a start.

He is very concerned though about my knees and the inflammation I was experiencing. I am doing ok now that I am on the Prednisone, but he didn't like the looks of them at all. He wants a fluid sample but I am more concerned with the thigh /femur pain at the moment.

Anyway, I can't say I am disppointed with the way the visit turned out. If that is what is causing the problem, it sure will be an easier fix than a revision. So, here we go again...
 
Re: This is my story

Hi Janet

Maybe not the answer you were hoping for. But it seems, he is going to be thorough and review all your test, scan, etc.

Apart from looking at these test results often I think they are working in the grey images of x-rays etc and the only option is to open you up again and have a look see. But then do they really know what they are looking at.... One hopes!

You have had such a rough trot, I really hope that this may be the answer :)
 
Re: This is my story

Sounds like a result to me Janet!

Now lets hope that they move quickly on your day surgery. Have they given you any timescales?
 
Re: This is my story

Hi Janet, It's good that he is going to investigate further, as SMJA says they can't always tell fom xrays or MRIs. When I had my back surgery the surgeon was very suprised at the mess my back was in as it didn't show up on the MRI or Xray, so keep on nagging for investigation... The squeakiest wheel gets the most oil - or so the saying goes. Good Luck, you deserve this in bucketloads :friends:
 
Re: This is my story

Janet

I truely hope that his is the answer for you

you've already been through more than enough.

fingers crossed that this will resolve things speedily.

regards

Dave
 
Re: This is my story

I really am ok with this! A simple day surgery is a whole lot better than a major surgery. Who knows, it could be the cause of the problems. I've got nothing to lose by having these wires removed and if that fixes the problem, :yahoo:
 
Re: This is my story

Hoping, praying, wishing this is IT! Glad you went and they want to help you! :thumb:
 
Re: This is my story

At this point any attention they pay to this problem is progress! Have they given you a date for your day surgery yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom