TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Thanks @Celle

Yes you are right, thoughtless people like mums neighbour cause no end of problems. When mom had her fall she lost some blood internally. It was tricky for mom. She is on a blood thinner for Atrial Fibrillation and she has two leaking heart valves. They couldn't operate for three days because they had to wait for the Apixaban to wear off. The concern was that in case her heart threw out a fatal clot before they operated. That never happened and she had a spinal anaesthetic. She's been very lucky and knows this. I'm just so grateful she got through it xx

Ann,
Good to hear your Mother is coming along, sorry their neighbor is so thoughtless. As she heals of course she will be able to do more and more.
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your Great Grandson!

I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well. I hope you continue to do so too.
Congrats on the coming birth of a great grandson.

@Nana moon 27 so glad to hear from you and glad that you and your mum are both improving. I am still having soft tissue problems, seemingly centred around the patella tendon. I went back to OS last week, he said my ROM was very good, but told me to stop wearing my new orthotics, and also stop swimming and hydrotherapy and see what happens. I thought they would do me good, but he told me to just walk, up hill would be good, and to carry on with my ballroom dancing and regular leg massages. He also wants me to use paracetamol and Voltarol gel as needed, so I am now waiting to see what happens next. All the best with your recovery.

Just a quick drop in to wish everyone one a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Elijah (my Great grandson) was born on November 5th and is doing really well.

Mom is having a slow recovery due to osteoporosis but is able to go out in my car. Yes I'm driving, woohoo!

I still have nerve pain issues but I just get on with it most of the time. I listen to my body more xxx

Take care
Love Ann xx

Hello, Ann. How lovely to hear from you! :)

I'm glad to hear your mother is progressing well, even if slowly.
Congratulations on the birth of Elijah.

And look at you - driving again! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :santaclap: :dancing:
Well done, my dear. You've been to hell and back and you've got your life back again. I'm so pleased for you.
I'm sorry you still have the nerve pain. I wish that would decrease.

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and a good 2017.

:merry christmas:

Hi Ann,
Congratulations on your Great Grandson, happy your Mother is coming along, slow but sure.
Happy to hear you are :driver:, hope your nerve pain decreases over time.

:merryx::reindeerlights:

Ann, how sweet of you to check in and report on the good things in your life these days. Nothing like a beautiful new baby to make things right in the world! I'm proud of you for getting back to driving. That mobility can make all the difference in a person's mental state! Here's to a wonderful new year for you!!!

Hi Ann, Merry Christmas to you as well. My daughter just had twins in April---nothing like a baby to make life wonderful!!

Hello Ann, many thanks for your Christmas greetings, hope you have had a good time with a new baby in the family, congratulations on that. I do hope your nerve pain improves, I am still suffering from muscle and ligament pains, caused I am told by my IT band and by my patella tendon. I am having massage and doing excercises to help. Still it is a big nuisance, and I'm sure you like me are dying to get back to pain free like so many of our knee buddies seem to have. I haven't posted for ages as I only have bad news, and I want to be able to post good news!

Hello

So lovely to hear from you all. Hope your Christmas festivities have gone ok? Today we had 23 here for 26th December Christmas meal. That was just my immediate children with their families and partners.

Mom and dad had Christmas lunch with my brothers family. I picked them up and drove them there and collected them later after having coffee and cake with them there and took them home. Moms got a dreadful cold. I do feel so sorry for her. She said her feet have swollen really bad and she's been resting today.

I'm away for a week tomorrow, just going down South to Torquay. Hope to rest and recharge my batteries.

Happy New Year all!!!

@Majic don't ever worry about not always having good news to share. It's reassuring to so many to know that recovery can vary from person to person. I know it was a relief for me to chat with others with challenging recoveries too. The support from people who sailed through was so lovely and kind, this has been and is a great support tool. I'm more than happy to pop in here and check how you're doing!

@skigirl congratulations on the safe arrival of the twins. I bet you're loving them xx

Please take care
All my love
Ann X

@Nana moon 27 So glad you are finally back to getting on with your life after all your knee issues. Glad to hear too about the great grandchild and that your mum is improving. Now is definitely time for you to get out and enjoy yourself after all that enforced rest and icing and worry etc.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year

Maryx

Hi Ann. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2017. Congrats on the new baby
Glad to hear you're doing well
After all we've been chatting for 3 years now
Love
Susanne

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]

Hi just thought I'd pop in and share what's happening.

I'm still having a few issues with pain and insomnia. My left hip hurts and the other day it got kind of stuck and I shrieked. I couldn't move. The pain was in my inner groin area. It took a while to go off. I tried to move my leg but it made it worse. I sat and just waited to see what would happen. Eventually the pain subsided. It hurts to lie on that side. I'm starting more physio on 27th April. I will mention it then but I'm afraid that until things get to a bad stage, I can't face any more surgery, needles or anything else. I've just had a mole removed from my left shin, it's been sent for biopsy. They've removed it as a precaution I suspect. I've had a couple of stitches which will be removed on April 7th. I have to wait a couple of weeks for the results.

The Pregablin is working okay but because I'm driving to see mom, to take her and dad out I've dropped my daytime dose. This made me too drowsy to drive if I took it.

Mom is doing ok. She has fragile osteoporosis which she has Vitamin D for. She's able to go Into the back garden and walk to the end and back. It's quite a decent size. When I take her and dad out, she has a three wheeled walker and it's made all the difference to her mobility. I had to have a word with her the other day. She was sitting in the lounge, watching dad walk round the garden prodding around the borders with a stick. The next thing I heard her curse, I looked up and she had managed to get down the step and walk directly down to dad telling him off, using no walking aids. Great she was able to do it but she had to go down a step and walk down a lawned slope!!!! Her temper gets the better of her sometimes. The next thing she's realised what she's done and she's hanging on to dads arm back into the house. I was laughing and told her how great it was she'd done this but she needed to try and be calmer. I got my answer........ :heehee:

Please take care all
(((Big hugs)))

Thanks for checking in, hope you figure out what is causing your groin pain.
Happy to hear your Mom is doing well inspite of her occasional wandering without her 3 wheeled walker.
Let us know how the biopsy goes,
Take care,
:friends:

Hi, @Nana moon 27 ....it's so great to hear from you. I'm sorry about your hip pain, but you do sound ever so much better than you've been in past months. Hang in there with your parents. They can be pretty tough to deal with sometimes.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom