Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi Nana moon, it's is rally good to hear from you. My knees are pretty much OK, but I am having a lot of problems with tight muscles, and am having weekly physiotherapy. I have also started Pilates with a reacher who comes to my home so I don't have to kneel. I am having treatment for osteoporosis, and as the tablets made my epilepsy very much worse, and I started to black out completely, I am going today to have my first injection to see if that will be better. I hope your groin pain can be sorted out, and that your parents keep well. My Mother is 92 and has just got a walker and what a difference it makes.
Jackkie
 
Nana I have been having some back issues--finally figured out that my SI joint is giving me grief. it can cause groin pain and buttock pain!! Sounds wonderful doesn't it!! It was a relief to get an injection into the joint, which did not hurt at all (I am such a baby) and it took the pain away. Yaaaay
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee Hi lovely to hear from you. Yes I'm so much better in myself now. I've started to go out with friends now and again. The other night I went out for a meal with my ex colleagues. Didn't get in until 12am. Had a great evening.

Both my knees clunk a bit when I walk. I've been told that this is normal by the hospital. The phrase was 'it's just one of those things". So, I'm just trying to get on with it. The nerve pain drives me mad at times. My feet feel like they just keep being stabbed underneath and I get a horrible boiling oil sensation in my toes. I get tired very easily too. Hey ho I'm a lot better than before and this is nice.

Today my friend took me to a Buddhist centre in Derby. It's an amazing place of calm, set in beautiful woodland and fields. I went with her as she wanted to attend a session of teachings on dealing with loss and bereavement. She has lost two close friends to cancer recently. The session was very interesting and made me think quite differently about life.

The meditation was so peaceful and relaxing. After, we went for a walk in the beautiful grounds...perfect!

Have put a photo of the Tara Kadampa centre in Derby England
 
My dad had diabetic neuropathy and did have a lot of pain in his fee like you describe. Can Gabapentin or one of the things they give for nerve pain help you? I think Lyrica is another one, it is a type of anti-depressant which helps with nerve pain.

It is good to hear that you are out and about a bit. I skied last week with three old friends and had so much fun!!
 
Oh @skigirl I would love to learn to ski but I think it's a bit late for me now. I was in Austria a few weeks ago and I was watching enviously at the people flying down the mountain. It was so exhilarating to watch.

Anyway, yes I'm on Lyrica, it works well. I still get the weird sensations in my foot and leg. Unfortunately I've had to cut out the daytime dose because it makes me too drowsy to drive. This obviously does affect the effectiveness of the nighttime dose. However, it's more tolerable.

Sounds like you had such a good time. I've hinted at hubby I'd like to take my fly fishing back up. I may have a try a little later in the year :prayer:
 
Nana Moon......at first when I saw the photo you posted I thought you had moved to a new house!!! That looks like such a lovely peaceful place.
 
We have a Buddhist center about 50 miles from our house. They were working on making 1000 Buddhas for the ground and were on the list to have the Dali Lama visit them when he was int he states. I think they did manage to make all the Buddhas, but we have not seen His Holiness!!

I just finished reading the "Art of Happiness" by the Dali Lama. It was fascinating to see his thinking--at every turning point he chose happiness over any other emotion. Very thought provoking. Nana yes, go for happiness and do some fly fishing. I have always wanted to go to the Scottish Highlands to fish and drink Whiskey!
 
Hi, Ann,
It's good to hear that you are picking up the strands of your life again. You've come a long way.

I like a lot of Buddhist philosophy, because much of it makes sense to me, but it's not part of my culture, so I'm not a Buddhist.
 
I'm not a Buddhist but I do like some of their philosophy. I like the mindfulness and living for the now. My true religion is Church of England but I'm not a churchgoer. However, I try to do good and be kind to others. I do pray and I do believe in God.

I've restarted physio. I had the most dreadful pains from hip to knee. They've discovered I have a weakness in my left hip muscles. Got exercises and a red elastic band....we will see :smile2: they're also trying to improve my gait. I no longer use a stick.

Moms got HSP a form of vasculitis. Heinoch something purpurea. She's fed up. I'm taking her out as often as I can with dad. However she's been told to take it easy. It's hard to judge so I just say quick look round a garden centre then tea and a scone which they both love :cheers:

Please take care all X
 
Ann,
Good to hear from you, sorry you are having hip and leg pain. Hope the strengthening helps with your walking.
Positive thoughts your Mom starts to feel better and can get out more.
 
Hi, Ann.....It's great to hear that you're working on strength and able to walk without a cane now. You went through so much for so long, it's no wonder that you must work a while to get back to normal. I hope you have a good therapist who can help you.

I'm sure your parents enjoy those outings with their special daughter. You're so very good to them. Treasure that time you spend with them.....it makes such wonderful memories for later.
 
Hi Ann,

It's good to hear you are getting out and about. I hope the physio helps your hip/ knee pain. It's been a long time since I saw messages from you.thanks for all the support

Mary x
 
Sorry one tap too many. Can't delete


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry, @susanne
I accidentally deleted your entire post. I've copied it again below:

Hi Ann nice to know you're doing well. A hello to the grandkids from kitty
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, that is one content kitty cat!!! What a furry butterball!!! She looks like a real love.
 
Hello Ann,
Nice to see you here but not nice to see your problems. I have hip to knee pain and knee up the front of thigh pain, back on Tramadol, Lyrica and pain patches. I ought to continue my thread.
I'll try to keep up with how you progress.
:console2:
 
Hi Chris and all. It's lovely to pop in and see how you all are?

My knees are doing ok. I did have a very long journey but I now feel that they are finally beginning to improve a lot. I've recently undergone more physiotherapy which really has helped this time. I'm walking much better, my postures improving but aargh my weight has so crept up and got me. However I've joined slimming world and hopefully I can lose this with their help. Xxxxxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom