Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Thanks ever so much for your support.

I've thought carefully and I am going ahead with that date they've given me.

I've managed to rationalise that it wasn't the actual hospital that's the problem. It was that dreadful physio who wouldn't listen to me when I told him that my left knee was very weak and on its way out. I'd had my right knee replaced. He insisted that I used crutches and not a frame. This resulted in me falling as I entered the toilet on a nurses arm. That's all in the past now and are merely images from then.

I'm not having a knee replacement as its already done. Just a kneecap resurface and patella button. This is a far smaller and quicker procedure.

This hospital is 5 minutes drive from my house. The surgeon will be there. It should only be a day case stay as long as there is nothing else up. This in a way makes this much easier to bear.

I'm very positive now and I'm ready to do this.

Please take care
Love Ann xxxx
 
Just the right attitude, Ann. You'll get through this just fine and hopefully on the other side things will be much brighter for you!
 
Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27
I have just logged in after many months. Happy to hear that you had a nice holiday but was shocked to hear that you are back in for more work on your knee!! Wishing you all the best during the surgery and a speedy recovery!
Lisa xxx
 
I'm glad you can now be more positive about this next op Ann, I'm sure it will help with your recovery. I think the date will be Aug 5th - not Monday, but whenever it is I wish you all the best. xxx
 
Hi I had my Ltkr on 20 July - this seems so much harder than before ! I'm 5 days post op very swollen with staples can't lift my leg or move it very much ... You seem to have been through the mill so they say !! Nice to be back in touch xx [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee Click for full image.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27

Not been around much lately but I see that you are having more surgery. You have been through it!

I hope this operation resolves your issues and you make a good recovery

Mary x
 
Ellejay is right, Ann's surgery is August 5th.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart[emoji768]
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Yorkshiregal54 ,
Glad to see you on the other side, OK to start a new thread on the recovery side for your second TKR. Glad it is behind you, give it time, but you already know that.
 
Hi all

The hospital rang me yesterday and tried to postpone my op to 15th August. They had already changed the hospital without telling me and then I found out I have a different surgeon!

I don't know where my strength came from but I told the secretary that this is unacceptable. She asked why. I told her straight. Due to the previous surgeon, I am now on a second op that I was assured had already been done at the same time as the knee replacement. I told her I'd had a complicated recovery the first time around, the pain nearly sent me crazy, I became very isolated and had a nervous breakdown. I've not driven for well over two years now and I lost my job. She was speechless. She said she'd call back in half hour. The next thing I'm told to come in today at 7.30 am, it's now 5.15 am here.

I've checked out the surgeon, he has a very good record of successful hip and knee ops. I'm just a tad anxious as I've not met him. However, I just want this over now. Enough is enough. I'm a bit scared as the last time I went for a kneecap etc after my RTKR, it ended up in a revision. I wish I'd had time to talk to this surgeon. As they say, I'm going to bite the bullet and be brave.

I have to be on the ward at 7.30. I will be in touch once I'm home. It's lovely to hear from everyone.

Please take care
All my love Ann xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Just read that your surgery is today, and it's 7.30 now, so you should already be at the hospital, but I just want to say I hope everything goes well for you. Thinking about you today, sending love and hugs...
Tabby xxx
 
Best wishes, Ann.
Well done for speaking up about the attempted change of date. I'm proud of you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom