TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I've been reading your thread and keeping up, though.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have to go through yet another surgery. What a dumbo your surgeon has been about this! :hairpulling:
I truly hope that this will be the last time he goes near your knee.
In the very remote possibility that either of your knees should need surgery in the future, please find another surgeon.

I'm in England now, for the summer, (hope some better weather arrives soon!) spending time with our daughter and her family. The little girl to whom she and her husband were appointed as guardians is now theirs for keeps, as they were granted an adoption order in March. :yes!:
 
Hi all

My preop is 4th July, so let's pray this will be my independence too! My op is on 25th July and I'm :prayer:this is the very last op.

Apologies for not being around much, I'm trying to sort house, garden, vacation, the lot. I'm going to the Lake District on 8th for a week. It's very beautiful. Nice to have a look at on google maps.

I've read every post and thank you so much for your kind replies. @Yorkshiregal54 good luck with your tkr. You did amazingly the last replacement. I will always remember your trip to machu pichu those pics were amazing.

I'm going to try and visit a few threads but please forgive me if I don't get to all. It's nothing personal :flwrysmile:

@Celle that's just the greatest news about your new little granddaughter. Congratulations. I bet your daughter must've have been leaping for joy. The weather is totally weird at the moment. Please enjoy your summer here and your precious time with your family X times goes too fast!

All my love to everyone
Love Ann xxx
 
Hoping this is the last of your knee surgeries, you have already been through too much with your knees.
Enjoy your vacation to the Lake District, you deserve a time away. :friends:
 
Oh it's lovely to share with you @jmdearras! My op is a kneecap resurfacing and patella button. That was supposed to have been done last year with the ltkr. Never mind at least the surgeon apologised :xmark:

@Pumpkln lovely to hear from you. How are you getting on?

@lovetocookandsew i hope you're doing ok too
 
Oh it's lovely to share with you @jmdearras! My op is a kneecap resurfacing and patella button. That was supposed to have been done last year with the ltkr. Never mind at least the surgeon apologised :xmark:
Yea, I read about that mess. I'm getting a kneecap resurfacing and patella button, too! Along with a lot more. :rofsign:
 
Good luck with your surgery, got everything crossed that this op is that finally gives you a good knee. xxx
 
Thinking of you as you approach your next procedure. Hopefully you will recovery quickly and it will make you stronger & more comfortable in the future!
 
Hi all

I passed my preop with no problem. It looks like 25th July here I come. Bring it on I say. I want to get my life back properly.

I will be away on holiday from 8th until just before op. So I will be in touch when I get back.

Take care
Love Ann xx
 
:fingersx: that this is the final surgery on your knee journey (though journey is putting it mildly)
Have a wonderful vacation.
 
Have a lovely holiday. Hopefully this time next year you'll be fully fit again. xx
 
:censored::censored::censored: They cancelled my op to August 5th. However, they've changed my hospital back to the one where I had a fall with my first tkr. The more I'm thinking about this, I'm fretting. I know I'll just have to get on with it. I can't repeat what my moms said to me about all this. She thinks I shouldn't have the procedure done and go talk to my GP about the situation. I just want this over.

Had a lovely vacation in the Lake District. Off to Wales shortly as its my friends 50th birthday today and she's having a party on the caravan site. Once this is done I will have time to look at and think calmly about this change of plan.

Take care and thanks for the lovely messages.

@Karringtyn so lovely to hear from you. I hope you're ok?

All my love Ann X
 
Ann, don't let the change get to you. You are so much wiser now than when you were there before. Heck, you can probably tell the nurses what to do! You'll be fine. Stay assertive and insist that you get the care you deserve. You can do this and move on to that fun life you deserve.
 
I agree with Jamie, don't let this change get to you. Be proactive, and do not let them do anything that is not right for you. You probably know more than all of them put together about TKR's.
 
I agree with Jamie and Pumpkln.

I think your knee needs this surgery, so get it done, but be pro-active about the care you receive. Speak up if anything doesn't see right. You know the drill now. Remember that it's your knee. You are the only one who has the right to say what will happen to it.

We'll all be here, cheering you on. :friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom