Nana Moon's Pre op thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck I will be thinking of you
Just returned from last pt and was told knee should not still be hot and she thinks I heal too quickly and might need Mua to break up scar tissue lol you just can't win Hugggs take care xxx


20/01/2015
 
Thinking of you today. Wondering how your doin? U are almost there. U will finally get your life back. Sending hugs to you...



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hey u. I'm praying for you. Soon girl soon. You will be able to have a good life you have been wait for. Xxxx



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
So glad you finally have a date Anne :-) Hope it all goes smoothly and you recover quickly x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you only the best and easiest recovery. Thinking about you from across the pond
❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Counting the days? Wish you were over the other side! Can't be quick enough. Are you keeping busy?
karen x
 
They provide them free and don't want them back

Hope all is ok not long now hugs am thinking of you xx


20/01/2015
 
Hi @Chihuahuan I so appreciate the link. What a bargain!!! Thank you x x the NHS supply a frame in the hospital but expect you to leave on crutches. They wouldn't give me a frame last time but as this is a different hospital they might. I got a frame from this hospital when I had the revision done there but only for the first few days. Then I had to transfer to crutches. That's what I went home with. I hope your knees doing okay still? X

@Homeport I passed the pre op. Blood pressure was slightly raised but they were okay about that. So all ok for 29th x

@susanne and @Judlepip thank you for popping by. I've got my 100% cotton, midi almost ankle length nightshirts! bought! washed and pressed. I've sorted a light dressing gown and slippers. All it is now is a case of buying some travel size toiletries to take with me and pack a towel and clean underwear.

@chereb @Angel1978, I really must pop into your threads and see how you're doing. I didn't get alerts for your posts here I'm so sorry.

@kate23 @Kansas Teacher so lovely of you to pop in and support me. I do appreciate this.

I'll try and pop into threads but If not definitely tomorrow x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi if you need equipment then contact occupational therapy I think now called care in community will give you walker perching stool shower stool and raised toilet equipment it is all new unused they told me to hang on to it and use for second knee when it is done
It was based at our local walk in hospital and literally husband went in to our doctors they gave him phone number and he was told to pop into the hospital to collect a perching stool then when I got home later that day I realised I needed other things so he phoned on next morning and they delivered it midday way amazing service


20/01/2015
 
Okay thank you for that @Homeport. I still have the frame from last time. It's a good job as I needed it far longer than was anticipated. I have a phone number to return it. I will ask OT. I never thought of that to be honest. So a shower stool, maybe a walking frame and bits and pieces.

Thanks for making me think.

Love Ann x x x
 
Yup NHS provides most even got furniture raisers. Ok moon oooops almost said moonie oooooops . Try to rest lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
As always you made me smile...thank you x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Furniture raisers never thought of that but apparently you can get gadget for washing in shower too to reach your feet also have you applied for blue badge to help while walking is an issue local authority are good about that


20/01/2015
 
@Homeport I got the blue badge yes. It is so useful x have to be careful though because not all parking is free even at the hospital!! Cost £4.75 for the few hours I saw mom but I'd pay it as many times over just to have been there with her. I don't drive at all. I haven't been able to because of the medication I'm on. I will ask about the shower foot reacher thing x thanks for that. It's really helpful x x x

@SuperSnapper it's a week tomorrow!!! It's coming round so fast x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom