Nana Moon's Pre op thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue badge could I get one?

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Pleased to read you have a date, hugs. :friends:

I've been absent a little while, pop over to my thread and you'll find out why. :what::whistle: It's quite unbelievable.
Sue. x
 
@Homeport I got the blue badge yes. It is so useful x have to be careful though because not all parking is free even at the hospital!! Cost £4.75 for the few hours I saw mom but I'd pay it as many times over just to have been there with her. I don't drive at all. I haven't been able to because of the medication I'm on. I will ask about the shower foot reacher thing x thanks for that. It's really helpful x x x

@SuperSnapper it's a week tomorrow!!! It's coming round so fast x
Your really welcome yes Dorset in many car parks you still pay


20/01/2015
 
So happy your soon on your way for your surgery!! God bless you Ann as you get prepared!! Love seeing your updates!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
So happy your getting your knee fixed. You have been so patient. And dealing with your pain. Xxxxxx soon you will be on the way to a pain freeeeee happpppy life!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27, so glad a date is nearing closer and closer. Hope everything goes well and you will be up and around real soon, And finally out of pain. Praying for you. Good luck with everything!!
 
Thank you so much. At 3am I thought it was broken. That's the feeling I get in that knee. Nt for too much longer!!! X
 
I need to get this done. Not only because of the pain. My grandchildren stayed over last night. They got in my bed this morning and we were talking about my op. The little one has asked yet again can I go rollerblading when it's all healed and the older ones are asking if I can go belly boarding with them in the sea. I said yes to the sea but it might not be this Summer we'd have to see and I said I'll ask the doc about roller blades but that is seriously doubtful!!! My husband keeps saying he can't wait to see me walking normally and able to do stuff we used to do like walks in the Lake District and round our local reservoir. He misses the days out we used to have at the weekends after my weeks work.

He said he was so disappointed when my recovery wasn't ideal but since revision he feels hopeful for me, especially with Fridays op looming. He's pinning so much on that.

Im kind of ok about all of this on Friday because I know what to expect. I know what to do and not do. I know I will not do 8-10 trips a day up and down the stairs. I now have a downstairs toilet and tomorrow I'm spending Bank Holiday Monday organising my bedroom, living room and putting the pouffee (ottoman) away out the kitchen. I tripped over it so many times in my first TKR.

On Thursday, I will remove all the loose bath mats out the bathroom.

Looks like a busy week this week xx
 
Good idea, Ann. All that busy activity will keep your mind occupied and you'll have a perfect recovery nest to come home to. Don't forget to put up some little meals in the freezer.
 
Wishing you well Ann for Friday & hoping you will have just the best recovery this time.

Glad you are getting everything organised this weekend....you must know the ropes by now. Will be thinking of you & sending all the very best wishes...love & hugs.....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will be thinking of you on Friday Anne wishing you all the best hugs sue


20/01/2015
 
Hello @Nana moon 27 I am away for a few days, In that place of bad internet connection! So I will be thinking of you from miles away on Friday. I will stand by the beach and think of you bodyboarding. I can,t believe what I can do now, hip is getting sturdier month by month take care xx
 
Thanks @copsham :heehee: Yes the land of extremely poor internet. But how lovely to be there. It's going to be weeks before I can get back but hey I've had a few weeks. I'm so glad that your hip is doing so well. That's the best news.

@Judlepip have a wonderful time in France, if I can get a signal in the hospital I promise to give a daily update on my progress

@Homeport sending you hugs too. I hope your knee is behaving

I've packed my medication, nighties, dressing gown, slippers, underwear. hairbrush, scrunchies (hair bobbles). Still got to get travel sized toiletries. I'm determined to be in and out quickly this time around. Just praying I don't pick up a hospital chest infection like the first time.

I've got the hairdresser coming this week to so my hair before I go in, as it will be a while before I have it done and it's in dire need of a good trim and colour xx

Lovely to hear from you. Best thoughts and wishes to everyone x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi Ann. You seem to be really organized this time round. Must be easier in a way because you know what to expect but harder too because you know what to expect. If you know what I mean. Good Luck for Friday. No one can go through what you did twice. ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @robynhood, yes I'm unusually organised!! Your summary of how I must be feeling was spot on xxx lovely to hear from you Pat xx

My op is on Friday afternoon xx

Love Ann xx
 
Ann I'm so glad I popped in and see you are about to have your LTKR. I want to wish you all the best!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom