Lounge Doctor

THR Mythmom's recovery

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
@Mythmomma this is what one of our members suggested you say to your PT therapist, I personally think it's brilliant:
  • I expect discomfort. I DO NOT expect actual significant pain.
  • The definition of what is painful is owned by me, not you.
  • When I say stop, we're crossing the line into pain. I expect you to immediately stop.
  • Trying to force me past the pain point or not listening to me will completely break my trust in you.
  • I want us to be partners in this. I'm willing to try almost anything, as long as I can continue to trust you.
  • If I trust you, I will go right up to the line between discomfort and pain. If I do not trust you, I will likely start tensing up as soon as any discomfort starts. At that point I may as well get a new therapist.

Spex10

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OMG you're all so polite! I wouldn't hesitate to tell that PT to get lost. Look up the research into efficacy of PT and quote that back to them.
I'm in UK and found telling the PTs to check the NICE guidance which found no evidence for efficacy of PT post TKR. Obviously, the hospital I had my THR in had heeded this and there's no post op PT offered at all. Somehow I'm managing!!

chopper72

Country
United States United States
I had the same thing happen this week and I am 4 weeks out. I had to go home after PT squats, clams etc. and take a narcotic. Still a little sore. I am not going back, just going to walk and do mild stretches.
Sorry yours did not go well either.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Caidly
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom