- Oct 11, 2011
@Mythmomma this is what one of our members suggested you say to your PT therapist, I personally think it's brilliant:
- I expect discomfort. I DO NOT expect actual significant pain.
- The definition of what is painful is owned by me, not you.
- When I say stop, we're crossing the line into pain. I expect you to immediately stop.
- Trying to force me past the pain point or not listening to me will completely break my trust in you.
- I want us to be partners in this. I'm willing to try almost anything, as long as I can continue to trust you.
- If I trust you, I will go right up to the line between discomfort and pain. If I do not trust you, I will likely start tensing up as soon as any discomfort starts. At that point I may as well get a new therapist.