Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

It really is nice out here! Sitting and icing right now in fact. At first I was thinking I made a mistake by choosing to have my surgery at this time of year because I would miss out on summer activities but now I'm glad I have a place to sit and recouperate when needed. The first couple months stuck in the house were the worst. I definitely needed a change of scenery!
 
Your porch looks like heaven! We have a sub room but I furnished it with a super low sofa. Pretty sure I'd be stuck there for a month if I plopped down!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The view from your porch is just beautiful. It is really nice to be able to get out and just relax. I have a lot of pretty trees to look at too, but my main view right now is of my granddaughters 3 4H pigs. They keep me entertained. :spin:
 
I would love to have some pigs running around to keep me entertained!! I just have my two indoor cats, lots of birds, I especially love my cardinals, and some little chipmunks who run around my patio looking at me :-)
 
Had another "little moment" this morning. When doing my stretches in bed I was able to cross my surgical leg over my other leg and do the sciatica stretch. It felt sooooo good! I really needed that!
 
That's teh stretch that eludes me. I crave that deep hip stretch and haven't been able to get a satisfying one in 6.5 weeks. Congrats.
 
Got the side eye "look" from a friend today when I told her I wasn't going to PT now.
Of course she's never had any knee surgeries :gaah:
 
That's a lovely porch for recovery, icing and just about anything else that comes to mind! I purposefully chose this time of year so I could enjoy my porch and watch the bunny family we seem to have inherited.:SUNsmile: The make my two dogs a bit crazy, but they're great fun to watch, especially the little ones. When I had a THR, I did it in November thinking I would enjoy the following summer; big mistake! Talk about cabin fever; just dreadful. So, though I may not be walking on sandy beaches this summer, (we'll see) I'll still enjoy my back porch and just basically live out there as much as possible. I also felt it was important to be able to walk well before the snow flies and summer is short in both our climates. Here's to warmth and the great outdoors!:cheers:
 
I'm coming over, too! We can all have a 'girls' party' and dream about the day we can run and play outside again!
I sit out on my deck in the sun in the mornings and watch the first. I have 4 bird feeders set up on the patio. It's feeding babies time. How's uplifting to watch the parents feed their babies!
 
If there's a party at flyaway's house, count me in! I'll be there in 15! ;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Everyone is welcome!!

@JennyLynne LOL come on over! Maybe later this summer we can plan a lunch date somewhere in between our two places :friends:
 
So this morning I had a massage with my regular massage therapist. I hadn't been to her since way before my surgery.

It was an hour long and she mainly worked on my right leg, hamstrings, glutes and lower back. It wasn't a "feel good" type massage but afterward it felt sooooo much better. She was able to loosen up all my tight muscles. I've got another scheduled for next week. If I can keep my hamstrings loose I think I'm ahead of the game.
 
I've never had a massage on my tkr leg. I'm afraid to let anyone touch it. Do you go to a medical therapist? Where do you find them?
 
I go to a massage therapist through my chiropractor's office. She's amazing! Very knowledgeable. She can zero right in on my trouble spots. She has other joint replacement clients as well who come for a myriad of reasons.

She does do the relaxation massages but I like her to do the deep tissue massage. It's kind of like the links that have been posted here on how to release the tight hamstring and IT bands but much more focused and effective. She also very gently did lymphatic massage on my thigh.

I would stay away from any of the "chain" massage places. I've never had luck with them. Usually chiropractors have good ones on staff.
 
Would love lunch!

A massage sounds amazing! I have a gift certificate at a lovely day spa that I have been saving!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@flyaway79, I would love to go for a massage....right now! But, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it yet; pffft! This new *ahem* style of walking really does a number on everything, doesn't it? I'm so glad yours was very beneficial. I also go to a massage therapist I found through my PT office and I've been seeing her for years. Like you, I need the deep tissue massage and will book an appointment as soon as I can lie down on the table for an hour!

@JennyLynne, now that you can drive, you can use your massage gift certificate! Hope the two of you can have a lunch get-together, sounds like fun! :cheers:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom