Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

I was just telling my sister today what a great bunch of people I have met in my new forum. She is having a TKR later this year and I told her she has to join in the fun!
 
Well, I'm glad.:loll:We can't just be a bunch of gloom and doomers, right? Nah, it would give us frown lines.:SUNsmile:
 
I was sitting in the OS office waiting (forever) for my appointment and wondering who knew about this forum. Then after listening to everyone (forever), I decided to let them find it on their own! Haha


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hehe...when I mentioned as an aside to my OS that I was getting great hints at an English forum of patients with THR and TKR he replied:
"yes, such self- help groups have a vast source of experience and ideas. At a congress recently the doctors learned from them, quite a few things too. We are the carpenters and they are the polishers" (translated from German.)
 
And I suppose your OS office waiting area has super-comfy recliners, right? No? Harumph! The chairs at my surgeon's place are awful, circa 1950. When I went last week and only had to wait about 30 minutes, I had to get up and pace around. I was thrilled to get called into the exam room just so I could lie down, lol.
 
The seating at my OS place surprised me at first. It's several long benches with squishy leather? or leather- like padding. At first I thought how unusual, no single chairs at all. Now it makes sense! Down the long corridor I noticed several folded wheelchairs. All other chairs in his office had arms to lean on.

When I went to the patient info talk, two of us future female patients noticed that there were absolutely no grips in the two loos. (we checked mens')
I told the women at the reception that an orthopedic hospital should know better and that it should be corrected. I'm going back to get my stitches out and will mention it again if nothing has been changed. It was over a month ago. . .you know: the squeaky wheel gets the oil song.
 
I agree that summer has been the best time to recover! I love sitting near my flowers in the sun and reclining on my porch swing. Starting week 8 tomorrow. It's definitely
[Bonesmart.org] My Revision Journey<
[Bonesmart.org] My Revision Journey< a marathon, not a sprint!!
 
I love my orthos office. They have both comfy leather chairs that sit a little lower (I used those before my surgery) and then lots of higher comfortable straight back chairs around small tables. I feel like it was very well thought out. They also have a direct elevator in the building right into their own office so no long halls. The PT department is just a few steps from the offices so it's very accessible. I never mind waiting in their waiting rooms.

Plus everyone in their office staff are amazing. It's the first time I've been to a doctor's office where there hasn't been that "one person" who obviously doesn't like their job and you try to avoid. They must have an amazing HR and hiring department.
 
@AlaskaGrandy, your flowers are just gorgeous! Enjoy the porch swing!

@flyaway, wow, your OS office was very thoughtfully designed! Wish I could say the same for mine. Maybe I should put it in his suggestion box? After I am well, of course.:heehee:
 
I will say that like yours, his staff are all super friendly and helpful with no one that needs to be avoided! But, those Jetson style chairs (no arms and hard) and "greige with age" carpeting leave a lot to be desired. At least teh bathroom is equipped with grab bars though, so I'll give him one point for that.
 
I've noticed those higher chairs appearing among the regular height ones in various medical clinics. I don't know if my OS' office has updated to those or if they think it's good PT to get in and out of the normal chairs. :wink:But they all had arm rests.
 
Our summers are short in Alaska, so we indulge in color with flowers. We are the land of the midnight sun, so this time of year we have almost 22 hours of sun! I love planting flowers and working in my yard. Thank you
 
3mths geez time goes fast when you're having fun?!
Thanks for being here!! Here's to the next 3mth xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom